Diablo® III

Hacked with an authenticator

(Locked)

OP, are you using a Key-chain Authenticator? Or the APP one?

I'm, starting to wonder if hackers are attacking "jailbroken" or "rooted" smartphones with Authenticator Apps on them - if they are stealing the Serial Numbers and Restore Codes from the Authenticator apps themselves. I think some of the jailbreaking methods are secretly installing trojans that send data to hackers.
yea installing trojan on both the phone and pc of a target, so easy...
OP is using an iphone and it's not jailbroken. He wrote this in an earlier post.
What's the chances that people with Auth getting hacked have the Auth on their smartphone, which has a trojan on it?
To all those who got hacked. It sucks. But think of this as an opportunity. You are now FORCED to get the naked achievement :p.
05/21/2012 06:54 AMPosted by ProfesorLava
To all those who got hacked. It sucks. But think of this as an opportunity. You are now FORCED to get the naked achievement :p.

no because we are waiting for our accounts to be rolled back, i assume we would lose the achievement when it finally happens and that would be another slap in the face
Considering that there is no tried and true fast track to Legendary items or gold, expect many people to try to hack accounts.

I have had no such issues involving my account or gameplay.
Edited by Blademan#1190 on 5/21/2012 7:08 AM PDT
85 Troll Hunter
05/20/2012 01:59 PMPosted by !@#$in
Thank god this happened to somebody with an authenticator as well. Now !@#$ all of you who said "get an auth" to all the previous threads.

one person who MAYBE got hacked. Don't you think if he got hacked he would have posted more than one sentence?

My car just got stolen today. %^-*. 0/10 robber.
I do not have a smartphone to use an authenticator with, I also spent all my spare money to buy Diablo III, so I do not have the extra money to purchase an authenticator for PC. (Side note: if it's so completely incredibly easy for someone to obtain my gibberish, alphanumeric+symbols password and hack my account that it's basically REQUIRED to play the game, why is an authenticator not provided for free by Blizzard?)

Regardless, I'm very dilligent about security concerns and I know for a fact that I have not entered in my account information outside of Battle.net and the actual Diablo 3 game -- I have not recieved any sort of message or anything directing me to a phishing site, but even if I did I am dilligent enough to know how to avoid being phished.

Nor have I downloaded any sort of program recently that could be a trojan or keylogger; in fact, go ahead and have a list of all of the executable content I have downloaded since the start of April.

a Google Chrome update (downloaded directly through Chrome from Google)
Keyboard/mouse drivers from Logitech (confirmed to be from Logitech's actual website)
a newly-purchased game from Steam by a major publisher
Diablo III (from Battle.net, of course)

I also keep my computer up-to-date with antivirus and antimalware programs.

Regardless, that said, all my items and gold have been stolen and a player has mysteriously added themselves to my friends list.

This has got to be an exploit.

The fact that you use google chorme makes you easier to be a victim for keyloggers.

i work with browser security everyday, and chrome has more security holes than a 5 dollar crack !@#$%
05/21/2012 07:31 AMPosted by MnO
work with browser security everyday, and chrome has more security holes than a 5 dollar crack !@#$%

YMMD... So I guess you suggest IE 6?
i just logged on from playing last night and all my gear is gone as well.
don't use the same e-mail as your face book e-mail.
I have 4 different e-mails for a few things, my facebook e-mail is for some unsecure things: like random suppermarket signups, shops member ships; another e-mail for family and close friend contacts; and blizzard games, 1 e-mail just for it. with any e-mail coming into my blizzard account, i always check the full header before i open it, and never click on any links in the e-mail. if the e-mail say something wrong with account, asking you to click on the link to login, just close the e-mail and open another tap get into your account with blizzard site. also another e-mail for game freinds, so people won't know my blizzard account e-mail.

reinstall your computer more, I know people don't do that for 10 years, but i do it every 6 month, 1 hour work every 6 months make sure your system is clear and clearn, is not hard to learn, ask your friend to show you if you don't know how to do it. with the new windows7, very easy 1 hour i can get my computer back to gameing state. by the way from some report, windows 8 can reinstall in about 6 to 8 mins. there is really no excuse not doing it. I always reinstall my computer offline(without internet cable connected), i feel safer that way, so no one can attack me during the installation
I am not from a compute background, ambulance is my job, so if i can do it, everyone can.
Finger cross, my account good so far, i do have authenticator + sms alert.
Edited by Kyratalor#1910 on 5/21/2012 7:56 AM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
The thing about being hacked is that you can say EVERYTHING YOU WANT (I'm super careful, I never visit weird websites, etc.), nobody will believe you and call you a newb... except the other players that were hacked.

:/
people fail to understand that about 10k players were hacked with and without authenticators.

oo lets not forget in 1 night.

if a 12 digit Random Generic generated password got hacked with an authenticator is my fault.
i dont want to live on this planet anymore.
Edited by Kamijes#2159 on 5/21/2012 8:04 AM PDT
05/21/2012 06:32 AMPosted by fremd
OP is using an iphone and it's not jailbroken. He wrote this in an earlier post.

as I see since two days now you're really interested into sorting this out.
what about open a thread asking just to report only the hack (no dissertation allowed) and if or not they used an authenticator. just to have a clean source of information for any blue that is reading the forum, you have to update the first post.
seems to me that report about authenticator failure are very small (3-4), something like this could give us a better idea.
Edited by SirBigmark#2202 on 5/21/2012 8:27 AM PDT
The hack has nothing to do with your computer's security, and is done completely in-game via intercepting certain packets which contain certain information. I won't go any further into how it works, but Blizzard definitely knows about it. They have a track record of dragging their feet when it comes to making announcements about exploits/hacks/etc unless it becomes out of control where everyone knows about it.

Your best bet is to stay out of the game until the issue is fixed, otherwise you are putting yourself at risk.
the same thing happened to me. i got hacked and a lvl 3 chinese person was added on my friends list. i have a 55 monk that is now useless, and an empty stash that was full! so pissed.
I feel sorry for those who have been hacked
Edited by Snipee#1673 on 5/21/2012 9:20 AM PDT
The fact that you use google chorme makes you easier to be a victim for keyloggers.

i work with browser security everyday, and chrome has more security holes than a 5 dollar crack !@#$%

Chrome is the most secure Internet browser nowadays. Chrome is beeing updated almost every month, it was a matter of time it get better than IE or FF.

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/245856/chrome_is_most_secure_of_the_top_three_browsers_study_finds.html
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]