Diablo® III

Hacked with an authenticator

(Locked)

Avast, Microsoft Security Essentialy, Malwarebytes, and now Housecall ONLINE virus scanner all say there is nothing on my computer.

I really want one of these people posting in here about proper precautions and keyloggers and malware to be next to get their !@#$ taken.
85 Goblin Shaman

I smell a troll.

Then go smell the other 100 some posts in the support forum about the same issue.

You mean the 100s of others who don't have authentication and can't keep their computer clean?

Not that I mind though, stupid people like that make me rich.

Then go smell the other 100 some posts in the support forum about the same issue.

You mean the 100s of others who don't have authentication and can't keep their computer clean?

Yeah those 100's of others (who some do have authenticators) that all got hacked on the same night.

I'm sure they all had the same virus/keylogger and they all got hacked last night at pretty much the same time. That definitively sounds logical and not something on Blizzard end.

Your logical prowess is astounding!
90 Gnome Warlock
05/20/2012 02:28 PMPosted by Turtle
I absolutely agree, Animus. This was partly Blizzard's fault. How? I don't know. I'm not an expert computer programmer. But all I know is that Blizzard definitely had some type of security leak. My password is virtually unguessable unless you are my parents. I have not downloaded ANYTHING suspicious because I'm actually intelligent (unlike some people that get hacked because they follow a link with the URL: www.battles.net and enter their password). Someone in Blizzard messed up, and they need to fix it. The fact that they are ignoring most of these issues, and not performing limited restores, is utterly absurd. I guarantee you their stock becomes a penny stock after all this blows over. Maybe some day traders can make some money after this mess.

Look the problem here is, Blizzard needs to first DISCOVER where the problem is happening at. Weather it is the user end, Blizzard's end or someone in the middle. Once the problem is DISCOVERED Blizzard has to work on fixing the computer code, which does take a while.

If you played Skyrim, you might have run across some bugs, for me I had the "Bottomless Bookshelf" bug where I could put as many books as I wanted in, but I could not take them back out. It took Bethesda weeks to fix that issue, granted there may have been more pressing issues for them to fix.

My point is if the problem is infact at Blizzard's end it will take a reasonable amount of time to get it fixed. But look at the bright side, Blizzard acknowledges there are problems, unlike Sony. Remember Sony got "hacked" and lost credit card and customer information, and Sony kept silent about it for 1-2 months AFTER they knew it happened.

"I just got hacked, therefore I give the game a 0/10"

That sure does sound like you're giving a rating based on what you think and not how you feel right now.

Like their opinion of the game or rating really matters.

Hundreds from how many HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS, or MILLIONS of people playing... That's like <0.5% of the player base...
Edited by Shantor#1926 on 5/20/2012 3:05 PM PDT
85 Goblin Shaman

Yeah those 100's of others (who some do have authenticators) that all got hacked on the same night.

I'm sure they all had the same virus/keylogger and they all got hacked last night at pretty much the same time. That definitively sounds logical and not something on Blizzard end.

At least I have my items, since, you know, I can keep my computer secure.

Since you have supernatural powers that let you instantly know that all these 100's/1000's of people can't keep their computer clean and it is 100% their fault perhaps you'd like to earn yourself $1,000,000.

Just go take the James Randi Million Dollar Challenge.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

Seriously go win it or at the very least go do something useful with your time rather than pretend you have any idea what is going on here.

Sadly you lack substantial cognitive functioning.
85 Goblin Shaman

Apparently not, since I know how to browse the internet without getting infected.

Feels good.

Apparently not, since I know how to browse the internet without getting infected.

Feels good.

Your craptastic logic would say otherwise sadly.

If you played Skyrim, you might have run across some bugs, for me I had the "Bottomless Bookshelf" bug where I could put as many books as I wanted in, but I could not take them back out. It took Bethesda weeks to fix that issue, granted there may have been more pressing issues for them to fix.

The difference being that you couldn't have your Skyrim account hacked. Why? Oh, that's right.

You could play it offline.
90 Gnome Warlock

Feels good.

ROFL! QFT!!!
yes you can be hacked. it require steam and account theft happens.
90 Gnome Warlock

The difference being that you couldn't have your Skyrim account hacked. Why? Oh, that's right.

You could play it offline.

Skyrim uses Steam for their DRM, and your Steam account can be hacked, and stolen. It has happened. When you say, "play game" for Skyrim it pings the Steam servers to see if you are allowed to play, how do you think it Skyrim gets its game patches?

And most importantly, get a Gold Star for failing to read. I was talking about bugs and issues, and how it takes TIME to find the bug/issue then to fix it.

Nice try, but do go outside and try not to look stupid.
Edited by Shantor#1926 on 5/20/2012 3:12 PM PDT
i love how everyone thinks their being hacked, blzzard already stated some people are having this weird server issue thats deleting their chars and such, so chances are, you DIDNT get hacked
Sairin, when blizzard shuts down bnet to fix this obvious problem they have, make sure you come back here and tell us how wrong we still are.

douche bag

btw I am a Network Administrator / Linux System admin for an ISP, and have been for 10+ years, I think I know how to keep my computers and passwords safe and secure.
Edited by jameth#1456 on 5/20/2012 3:12 PM PDT
05/20/2012 03:10 PMPosted by Lavos
i love how everyone thinks their being hacked, blzzard already stated some people are having this weird server issue thats deleting their chars and such, so chances are, you DIDNT get hacked

Is there a thread about this? I honestly would like to read it just to see if it is anything like what is presently happening.
90 Gnome Warlock
05/20/2012 03:12 PMPosted by Slayix

Is there a thread about this? I honestly would like to read it just to see if it is anything like what is presently happening.

You can try IMing the OP of this thread, http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4077728553
when people log back, have unknow friend on their list, join the game and then they see him get drop from other character that join, drop everything and disconnect it's not that absurd to state that they was somehow hacked and it isn't just a glitch..
Of course not, its people coming on here, assuming this is normal idiocy, when in fact this is a legitimate problem on blizzards end.

But since they already posted a public stance on the issue they cannot retract it without feeling foolish so they dig in deeper, commit to the belief, and that's that.

An unfortunate aspect of human psychology. There are numerous studies on it.

Just keep the support tickets coming. And when they respond and change your ticket to "answered" just do what I did and reopen it by saying there is still a problem.

"I am extremely unhappy and unsatisfied with the result of this customer support ticket. Your answer did not in any way address or help to resolve the issue I, and hundreds if not thousands of others are having.

If further attempts to resolve this meet with similar results I will be requesting a refund for the game.

Thank you."
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]