Diablo® III

Hacked with an authenticator

(Locked)

I'm going to forward all you neckbeards to this article

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/02/28/man-in-the-middle-attacks-circumventing-authenticators/

Authenticators HAVE been on the bad end of a MITM attack. It's happened before, and it WILL happen again.

Maybe you guys shouldnt browse MMO Champion and Diablofans every day. Seems like there is some distributed Malware on those sites on a DAILY. BASIS.

The article you state actually presents a valid reason why this is most likely on Blizzards side rather then a man in the middle attack:

A Man in the Middle attack needs to be done in real time with a large amount of timing and accuracy.

How did 100s/1000s get hacked at roughly the same time via this method?

P.S. I have never visited either site you have stated, ever. Nor do I visit any other fan-site. My typical sites include cracked.com, reddit, cnn, yahoo sports, engadget, etc... This comprises like 99% of my daily web browsing.
Edited by Slayix#1930 on 5/20/2012 3:43 PM PDT
I'm going to forward all you neckbeards to this article.

Neckbeards :P just cause I play diablo and warhammer doesn't make me a neckbear /looks in mirror/ oh... /jk
05/20/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Seraphi
Nope, you don't have an auth. Nice try.

10 bucks says he has "Don't authenticate everytime" enabled in his account settings.

10 bucks says he don't change his code everytime he logs in. Nerd decoder ring FAIL.
he already stated the he does.
i lost 2.7m gold from their account recovery system. 2.7m really? really. blizzard hadnt save my character since friday night. something really fkd happened here for hundreds of people to get hacked at once and all i got from blizz was "sorry cant help you recover your gold" thanks. I even had a screenshot from this morning before i logged out showing how much gold i had.

i defended blizz all the way with my dying breath but i have to say my interaction with their customer support regarding this matter has me freaking heartbroken.
05/20/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Hurrikane

10 bucks says he has "Don't authenticate everytime" enabled in his account settings.

10 bucks says he don't change his code everytime he logs in. Nerd decoder ring FAIL.

On mine the code automatically changes every 30 seconds or so.
besides a keylogger, how do hackers hacked account? i'm not interested in hacking, but i'd assumed, the hacker hacked this forum with a brute force password guessing program of some sort

On mine the code automatically changes every 30 seconds or so.

Ditto

05/20/2012 03:46 PMPosted by SOULLESS
besides a keylogger, how do hackers hacked account? i'm not interested in hacking, but i'd assumed, the hacker hacked this forum with a brute force password guessing program of some sort

You'd need one hell of a computer to brute-force hack 100's/1000's of passwords in 1 night in roughly the same time-frame.
Edited by Slayix#1930 on 5/20/2012 3:48 PM PDT
Anyone know how long it takes for a rollback? Been waiting over an hour now after replying to the "Are you sure?!?" message.
05/20/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Hyppy
Anyone know how long it takes for a rollback? Been waiting over an hour now after replying to the "Are you sure?!?" message.

Don't hold your breath bro. I have been waiting since 11am.

Edit: And yes I got that initial message after like 30mins of opening a ticket.
Edited by Slayix#1930 on 5/20/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Hmm. I have an android authenticator. Items seem intact, but I'm logged in like 24/7...
This guy is obviously full of it. In this whole 8 page thread HE IS THE ONLY ONE CLAIMING THIS.

lol there is a huge thread about being hacked in the CS forum and NONE of them used an authenticator. Here phishy phishy.
I read this thread and just want to LOL at all the people trying to talk about "man in the middle" attacks.
05/20/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Kodesh
S forum and NONE of them used an authenticator. Here phishy phishy.

This guy is obviously full of it. In this whole 8 page thread HE IS THE ONLY ONE CLAIMING THIS.

lol there is a huge thread about being hacked in the CS forum and NONE of them used an authenticator. Here phishy phishy.

A lot more people are claiming it in the Tech Support forum then just 1 guy.

The article presents a blue quote with a specific admission that yes, a MITM attack has occured. I remember that day like it was yesterday, with the entire WoW forums exploding in rage.

100s/1000s got snagged with the same Malware, that's how it happened.

Well at least this explanation actually seems probable.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]