Diablo® III

Change the color of Staff of Herding

So I spent a few hours farming the materials to make the staff of herding yesterday and enjoyed a quick run through whimsyshire. Right before I finished, my inventory was full so I dropped all the non-colored items in my inventory (as per usual), picked up a couple more items, then went and sold everything, logged out and back in expecting to run through whimsyshire again and then I realized I didn't have the staff anymore. Because it was tagged as a non magical item, I'd dropped it from my inventory so I could pick up more crap to sell. And now I have to spend a few more hours and another 150k gold to make a new one.

Moral of the story, blizz, can you *please* tag items like that with a different damn color so I can see on site what it is and that it's important when I'm emptying my bags? The only reason I can think of for making an item that difficult to get *white* is that you're a bunch of sadistic jerks and you *want* people to make that mistake. The crap you have to go through to *get* the staff in the first place tends to make that more likely, but you'll be doing your help line people a great service by saving them the annoying calls from people asking to have their staff of herding restored cause they threw it over a cliff by just marking it with a damned color!
Edited by BorisMKV#1170 on 5/21/2012 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Rather than recoding the entire game, taking down all the servers across the world for a reboot, and probably another 1 or 2 reboots to solve any bug problems.

Also add in time for testing.

Or you could pay attention to what you are doing so the rest of the world isn't disturbed in their gaming.

Make a new char pay more attention :). Doubt you will make that mistake again.
Reply Quote
Rather than recoding the entire game, taking down all the servers across the world for a reboot, and probably another 1 or 2 reboots to solve any bug problems.

Or you could pay attention to what you are doing so the rest of the world isn't disturbed in their gaming.

Wait you mean I have to pay attention while playing so I dont do something dumb? awww that is REALLY annoying... Blizzard please fix! :(
Reply Quote
Cause changing an item tag is so hard and destructive. Seriously, it doesn't require a lot of work to do. But being a douchebag in the forums sure is fun, isn't it?
Reply Quote

Don't be ridiculous. There is no way it would take 2 reboots, only 1.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
05/21/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Boris
Cause changing an item tag is so hard and destructive. Seriously, it doesn't require a lot of work to do. But being a douchebag in the forums sure is fun, isn't it?

Not being dumb and paying attention is so very hard isn't it. Oh wait for you it is. Being a douchbag on the forums is way better than just being a douchebag! Oh wait you're the douchebag here.
Edited by Illwit295#1724 on 5/21/2012 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]