Diablo® III

What exactly is the Wizard "exploit"??

Since everyone's talking about it so much, can anyone say what exactly it is? Oddly, everyone's referring to it, but I don't know where they read about what it is :P .
Reply Quote
Force armor rune. We can only take 35% of our hp max per hit. Don't equip any gear with vit, have under 5k max hp. Stack passive hp regen and crit, and pick up critical mass passive. Boom, you can only be hit for ~1.7k a swing, and your diamond armor is almost always up, absorbing 21k.
Reply Quote
Force armor rune on energy armor, that reduces all damage greater than 35% of total HP to 35%. With this, if you have no +vit, your base HP will be around ~4700, and stack lots of HP regen in gear so you recover the lost 35% very fast (which is absolute numbers is small because your HP is low)
Reply Quote
I don't think of it as an exploit, rather a clever use of existing game mechanics.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Youcoulddie
I don't think of it as an exploit, rather a clever use of existing game mechanics.

to top it off it's not really that great in practice (inferno). people have over-hyped it because it sounds so good on paper and it's effective at lower difficulties + boss fights. inferno act 2+ elite mobs are the toughest in the entire game and this build isn't really that good (maybe against certain types of mobs). lots of fast attacking soul lashers with motar that does DoT, not just some DoT, but enough DoT to kill in < 1 sec WITH diamond skin active (happened to me a couple times before giving up on that group)
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Youcoulddie

that's what i thought too but apparently since blizz is nerfing it, i guess they disagree. eh
Reply Quote
Would it be that difficult to read zillions of threads about it under this one?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:21 AMPosted by IWentToJared

that's what i thought too but apparently since blizz is nerfing it, i guess they disagree. eh

Where can I read about this?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:21 AMPosted by IWentToJared

link to your proof. no dev posts about this at all anywhere.
Reply Quote
I fail to understand why this is an "exploit'?
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:42 AMPosted by Ifrit

its not necessarily an "exploit" but I believe it should NOT be in the game in its current form. any ability that puts one class HOLYGEEZBALLS above the rest (especially in INFERNO) is ridiculous and doesnt belong in this game.

i mean come on, we have wizards tanking ELITE PACKS. the only people defending this build are people taking advantage of it because they know how overpowered (yes, OP because no other class comes close) it is.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
05/22/2012 12:46 AMPosted by Kurnis

its not necessarily an "exploit" but I believe it should NOT be in the game in its current form. any ability that puts one class HOLYGEEZBALLS above the rest (especially in INFERNO) is ridiculous and doesnt belong in this game.

i mean come on, we have wizards tanking ELITE PACKS. the only people defending this build are people taking advantage of it because they know how overpowered (yes, OP because no other class comes close) it is.
C'mon. Like 1% of elite packs, maybe. The other 99% throw out a DoT effect and kill the stupid force armor build reaaaaallly quickly.

It's not a good build, unless you want to kill bosses and collect vendor blues. It's great for that.
Reply Quote

So have you actually played a wizard in inferno? I like to see you try to "tank" elites...

So a class that can withstand Inferno and actually get past Act 1 is considered OP? Instead of buffing another classes to stand a chance in Inferno, you want to nerf one of the two classes that isn't broken?

Op = Overpowered. Please tell me what is the wizard overpowered against? PvP? PvMvE? Only thing I see is overpowered in this game is the mobs.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight

The build is gimmicky and cheap, but it doesn't even let you kill half the elite packs in Act 1. Act 2 and beyond it crumbles even more except on bosses which you have to death-flop to. I'm getting completely and utterly wrecked in Act 2 with this supposedly "overpowered" spec. In Act 1, I average maybe 20% of elite packs are killable. That's about the same percentage I get with a kiting build. And I'm using really good gear for this spec. 0 vitality, 70% attack speed, high crit rate.

My Witch Doctor buddy kills crap way easier than I do. I still struggle to get a 5-stack of Valor before The Butcher.
Reply Quote

This isn't really true. You can't really tank elite packs. Its not really all that effective. Sure, its great if you're going up against one thing. But most of the time you aren't. Pretty much any group will shred you.

The Force armor rune in a normal build is a nice life-saver. A gimmick build around it with odd gear, not so much.
Reply Quote
Demon Hunters have a much easier time as well since Smoke Screen gives them outright invulnerability, letting them stand in all the dot effects they want as long as they have the Discipline to fuel it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
i don't know what people are saying about this not being viable for anything but bosses, im nearly in act 4 inferno now and im willing to say its the only viable way of doing so
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I swear everyone that claims this build is good in Inferno is trying to sell gear for it on the auction house.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]