Diablo® III

Monks blow

85 Draenei Paladin
im gear capped, 70k hp 70% reduction 45% like 8k DPS, i can farm act 2 with my wizard br0s, but literally act 3 is the dumbest thing i've ever seen in my life. I have the BEST gear you can possible obtain and i get hit for 20-30k

If you are thinking about making a monk for end game, dont. The meta for consistant end game content consists of kiting and completely factoring out the enemy damage.

It's to the point where i put on 210% magic find gear to run with my two glass cannon mage friends that have 4700 HP and they are 10x better tanks than i'll ever be. They just blow stuff up and i just hit it once to get credit for the kill and they get sweet loot.

EVen if i obtain some sw33t epic gear or green, It will not put me over the edge to tank, or even do anything to effect the outcome of me tanking any mob past act 2

TL;DR: PLAY WIZARD / DEMON HUNTER IF U WANT TO GET PAST ACT 2 INFERNO
Reply Quote
Think about it this way.

At least you aren't a barb.
Reply Quote
saw a barbarian thread with this image.

http://i.imgur.com/sIKsB.jpg

if the barbarian can do it.
monks can too.
Reply Quote
im capping my monk because he seems like he would be the most fun for pvp.

im sure skills/gameplay is going to change. there hasnt even been a single patch since release.
Reply Quote
Barbarians scale better than monks. I know monks were designed to be more of a tank class, which would make it a terrible and painfully slow grind if you solo which makes you dependent on finding a good public game, which isn't too hard to find except for the fact that the servers have such terrible lag. Stacking evasion is a joke because you WILL get hit eventually, and you will die instantly.
Reply Quote
64 Human Priest
saw a barbarian thread with this image.

http://i.imgur.com/sIKsB.jpg

if the barbarian can do it.
monks can too.

Bosses are easy and monks have beaten most of them. No one is complaining about them, well most people. The issue are champion/elite packs whatever you want to call them. People can skip them to beat each Act, but why should we have to skip content to play the game? As getting better gear will not allow you to beat them, and the bosses are a joke compared to some of the champion/elite packs.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Stop crying.. Go back to World of Warcraft. I can only hope Blizzard does not ruin this based on you cry babies.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Priest
I refuse to chase after the fotm class. I'm sticking with monk. Blizzard rebalances things so often, you have to read blue posts at least weekly just to avoid wasting many many hours trying to do something they're quickly going to render useless.

Do you expect that to change in Diablo 3?

I enjoy machine gun speed punching therefore I'm sticking with the monk. I don't enjoy kiting and shooting crap. I'm always a ranged so I'm changing things up in this game.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Stick with nightmare... It is paced for World of Warcraft players. Leave Inferno to us :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
im gear capped, 70k hp 70% reduction 45% like 8k DPS, i can farm act 2 with my wizard br0s, but literally act 3 is the dumbest thing i've ever seen in my life. I have the BEST gear you can possible obtain and i get hit for 20-30k

If you are thinking about making a monk for end game, dont. The meta for consistant end game content consists of kiting and completely factoring out the enemy damage.

It's to the point where i put on 210% magic find gear to run with my two glass cannon mage friends that have 4700 HP and they are 10x better tanks than i'll ever be. They just blow stuff up and i just hit it once to get credit for the kill and they get sweet loot.

EVen if i obtain some sw33t epic gear or green, It will not put me over the edge to tank, or even do anything to effect the outcome of me tanking any mob past act 2

TL;DR: PLAY WIZARD / DEMON HUNTER IF U WANT TO GET PAST ACT 2 INFERNO

So, in a game that the Dev's thought it would take people MONTHS to be able to beat Inferno, that is DESIGNED to be a farm fest that they said it would take people months and even YEARS of farming to be able to own Acts 2-4, you're upset that you can't get past Act 3 a week after release?

OMFG. Seriously? I don't care that Wizzies and DH's can do it. They don't interest me NEARLY as much as Monks do. Quit coming on the boards and whining that it's hard.

It's SUPPOSED to be hard. Go roll a Wiz or a DH and faceroll... then go to THEIR forums to whine about how bad you are.
Edited by Zanathos#1462 on 5/22/2012 1:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
64 Human Priest
05/22/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Tumlain
Stick with nightmare... It is paced for World of Warcraft players. Leave Inferno to us :)

Nice Wow avatar there Tumlain. The irony.
Reply Quote
Think of it this way, If barbs suck now, they will be fixed. Don't make the mistake of not learning the history of MMO games, or blizzard for that matter. They will fix the broken.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Of course I played that game.. who hasn't?! :) Have to have something to pass the time.. I don't know how to change the icon, nor do i care :). I am Inferno act 2 and I find the game fun!
Reply Quote
Let's hope Blizzard make some balance changes. End game meta is indeed broken, to the point where i'm just going to re-roll until there is some vast changes made to this incredibly bad class.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Hmmm this is interesting because with 66% armor 67% resist just under 50k health and 11k unbuffed DPS I am finding myself having very little difficulty with the first part of Act 3 Inferno. Once I built up the resists Act 2 certainly became a joke after what was seemingly me getting 1-2 shotted over and over again the first time I tried.

Act 4 scares me though. I suspect nobody will have an easy time surviving there with all the magic flying around.
Edited by Lightmgl#1403 on 5/22/2012 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Monks are Hunks ;)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
I believe you should reroll Martyr. Do that instead of crying.
Reply Quote
Dude, You dont understand the concept of getting hit or not do you? wizards and Dh can only solo it because they dont stand in close range, And to be fair they prolly cant solo it, most ppl run in groups with some tanks kiting and some wizzies and dh's sitting on spot dealing out massive amounts of dmg. No one can say right now that they can face off act 3-4 elites on their own without spending more than an hour trying to defeat them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]