Diablo® III

Monks blow

Back in the days of Asheron's Call 2, before they patched it to hell. Melee classes were the only ones viable.. ranged couldn't solo unless they glitched mobs.
Reply Quote
im gear capped, 70k hp 70% reduction 45% like 8k DPS, i can farm act 2 with my wizard br0s, but literally act 3 is the dumbest thing i've ever seen in my life. I have the BEST gear you can possible obtain and i get hit for 20-30k

If you are thinking about making a monk for end game, dont. The meta for consistant end game content consists of kiting and completely factoring out the enemy damage.

It's to the point where i put on 210% magic find gear to run with my two glass cannon mage friends that have 4700 HP and they are 10x better tanks than i'll ever be. They just blow stuff up and i just hit it once to get credit for the kill and they get sweet loot.

EVen if i obtain some sw33t epic gear or green, It will not put me over the edge to tank, or even do anything to effect the outcome of me tanking any mob past act 2

TL;DR: PLAY WIZARD / DEMON HUNTER IF U WANT TO GET PAST ACT 2 INFERNO

I would love to see your stats that you can't deal with endgame along with what skills you are using. Maybe there is something you are missing that someone could help you with idea wise, which is better than just saying play wizard/demon hunter if we want to get past act 2 inferno. I don't know about you but I don't plan to fail now after coming this far.
Edited by Accelerant#1805 on 5/22/2012 3:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
saw a barbarian thread with this image.

http://i.imgur.com/sIKsB.jpg

if the barbarian can do it.
monks can too.

1) bosses are easy
2) he was carried by his team
Reply Quote
saw a barbarian thread with this image.http://i.imgur.com/sIKsB.jpgif the barbarian can do it.monks can too.

if a bar has a video of him soloing inferno i dare say he is god of gaming
Reply Quote
I love how ppl are so sure and defiant about there answers like they have inside info on stats...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Not true, I guess you have never played any other RPG games aside from Blizzard. Or in fact Skyrim and or Dark Souls or tactical RPG's were melee classes are a must and great balanced and Fun. Or even MMO's were melee classes had their own great role and are also great at soloing.

Melee classes are not always harder than ranged or melee. LOL the fact that you made yourself believe this is a joke.

Others? Oh you mean people who agree with you?

LMFAO SKYRIM

just enchant your gear with 100% reduced mana cost and then spam spells all day, spells which stunlock enemies permanently

or go sneak/archery and spam arrows while staying hidden in stealth permanently because the game is terrible

wow Skyrim ranged is so hard guys!

kill yourself

you can't name one game that isn't trash where melee is easier than ranged

dark souls, might and magic, skyrim -- TRASH GAMES for casuals like you, deal with it

While I'm all for being elitist and all that, the argument here is that ranged is basically always better than melee. It is not in Skyrim. And your lack of knowledge on the mechanics is pretty dumb considering how much !@#$ you're trying to talk about it.

Magic scales horribly and archery sneak attacks have such low modifiers that you're going to be sitting around shooting all day. Dual wielding/ dagger+sneaking are the way to go for highest damage. You're gimping yourself being ranged in Skyrim. And yes, I played it on highest difficulty with mods that also made it harder. But you have fun thinking ranged is anything good.

The only melee that really gets %%#@ed over would be two-handers.

Also, another game that melee is better in? I'd have to say Monster Hunter. Is it harder to be melee on %^-* that matters? Sure. But you're going to pump so much more damage than a bowgun it isn't funny.

Edit: Just in case you want to bring up abusing the blacksmithing/enchanting/alchmey route for making broken weapons, at that point neither archery nor melee is better as you're moving in a direction anyway, and you can easily stack over 300% sneak regardless and just one shot everything with a melee attack as you move by or a ranged attack, you're going the same direction, there's no actual difference (besides having to carry around arrows). Magic just plain loses here in this scenario.
Edited by Kentiah#1794 on 5/22/2012 5:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 01:33 AMPosted by Tumlain
Stop crying.. Go back to World of Warcraft. I can only hope Blizzard does not ruin this based on you cry babies.

That. Go away. And stop with cry. We will send you a tissue.
Reply Quote
First off, the game just came out and it WILL get a patch. Maybe it will buff monks and maybe it will nerf the ranged classes. Just try and keep in mind that inferno is supposed to be hard as f*ck. It's supposed to take a long time to gear up for it.

Just be patient and in the mean time stick with it. Rolling a class that has some strong abilities now might sound good, but by the time you reach 60, another patch could come out that nerfs the new class you roll and than what...you roll again?
Reply Quote
I think everyone misses the point of why people complain about monks. Its not because we cant steamroll inferno after a week of the game coming out. The fact of the matter is that other classes with with less gear and less effort can. You have to have insane amount of gear to be soloing elite/champion packs. They game is favored towards ranged classes and melee have to be stuck in everything that can kill you in 5 seconds. Maybe give a monk some ranged attacks or make some of the passives a bit more impressive. All I know is that we have to be up front and personal with the enemies and 90% of the time you cant even do that with the set ups you get with elites/champions. My thoughts are maybe they should make it harder in inferno for ranged also that way we can all suffer together. :)
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 01:44 AMPosted by Tumlain
I believe you should reroll Martyr. Do that instead of crying.

Troll
Reply Quote
im gear capped, 70k hp 70% reduction 45% like 8k DPS, i can farm act 2 with my wizard br0s, but literally act 3 is the dumbest thing i've ever seen in my life. I have the BEST gear you can possible obtain and i get hit for 20-30k

If you are thinking about making a monk for end game, dont. The meta for consistant end game content consists of kiting and completely factoring out the enemy damage.

It's to the point where i put on 210% magic find gear to run with my two glass cannon mage friends that have 4700 HP and they are 10x better tanks than i'll ever be. They just blow stuff up and i just hit it once to get credit for the kill and they get sweet loot.

EVen if i obtain some sw33t epic gear or green, It will not put me over the edge to tank, or even do anything to effect the outcome of me tanking any mob past act 2

TL;DR: PLAY WIZARD / DEMON HUNTER IF U WANT TO GET PAST ACT 2 INFERNO

capped? Obviously you are not capped... caps are limits.

Act2 is the dumbest thing they have ever seen in their life too.
Some can't go past Act4 Hell. THere is always room to improve.

You need 2 Monks and 2 DPS to solve it I guess. We're 2 Monks in Act2 + 2 Demon Hunter. And it goes pretty well, just the EQ is not the best^^

BLIZZARD stated already that Act 3 and 4 is realy different from Act1 and 2. So get over it. God.

ANd please guys STOP CRYING like the smallest babies ! It's disgusting I don't want to be in a kindergarden...
Edited by DoOmTrAin#2647 on 5/22/2012 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

im gear capped

yet

05/22/2012 01:15 AMPosted by Sergenti
EVen if i obtain some sw33t epic gear or green,

huh...
Edited by Peli#1747 on 5/22/2012 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
can you put some links of the pictures of the gear you have? curious how you have 70k hp and 71% damage reduction
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Strivers
can you put some links of the pictures of the gear you have? curious how you have 70k hp and 71% damage reduction

This
Reply Quote
Hmmm this is interesting because with 66% armor 67% resist just under 50k health and 11k unbuffed DPS I am finding myself having very little difficulty with the first part of Act 3 Inferno. Once I built up the resists Act 2 certainly became a joke after what was seemingly me getting 1-2 shotted over and over again the first time I tried.

Act 4 scares me though. I suspect nobody will have an easy time surviving there with all the magic flying around.

Would you mind posting your spec? It would be helpful to get insight from someone who is doing and not complaining.
Reply Quote

Oh also, a single game genre where you can't think Melee is better than Ranged?
ROFL
I guess you never played God of War or any game that requires Melee before.

It's funny he thinks that god of war is a real RPG. Sure swords are better than his guns...but because its made to be.
Edited by Turamarth#1386 on 5/22/2012 9:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 02:09 AMPosted by Hoodieninja

Melee classes are ALWAYS harder than ranged classes. There's not a single game in this genre I can think of in which that isn't true.

Ranged classes just need damage and a way to run away(which most games give them built in). Melee need defenses AND damage.

You can whine that DH'S and Wizzies are better for as long as you want. While I wouldn't mind there being some affixes adjusted to make life harder for them, I really hope that Blizz doesn't start the WoWesque nerf/buff/nerf cycle. That would make me sad.

At the end of the day, melee has it tougher than range. That's why we were given an innate 30% mitigation that DH's, Wizzies and WD's don't get. It's just how the game works... it's just how the GENRE works.

Play the game like it was intended, instead of exploiting an OP, FoTM combo that is probably being nerfed as I type this. Quit worrying what the other classes can do. Play the game to have fun.

Complain less - you'll like yourself more. At least, others will like you more.

Not true, I guess you have never played any other RPG games aside from Blizzard. Or in fact Skyrim and or Dark Souls or tactical RPG's were melee classes are a must and great balanced and Fun. Or even MMO's were melee classes had their own great role and are also great at soloing.

Melee classes are not always harder than ranged or melee. LOL the fact that you made yourself believe this is a joke.

Others? Oh you mean people who agree with you?

Skyrim, Dark souls, or even tactics games are not the same type of rpg's as Diablo. This is a dungeon crawler, a top down loot based game. Skyrim, dark souls, or even tactics rpgs don't fit this description even slightly. In games that mimic this gameplay style ranged characters frequently have an advantage. The fact you believe these games are remotely like Diablo is a joke.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]