Diablo® III

Monks blow

If you think you're gear capped you're doing it wrong. it's doubtfull the best itemized gear has even been generated yet let alone consolidated onto your character. You only have the best gear you could get in a week.
Reply Quote
This is seriously whacked, they are quick to nerf monk's quickening but don't do anything about dh and wizards so the richest people in diablo are gonna be players who chose either dh or wizard.
Edited by Awakened#2156 on 5/22/2012 9:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Bigjay
This is seriously whacked, they are quick to nerf monk's quickening but don't do anything about dh and wizards so the richest people in diablo are gonna be players who chose either dh or wizard.

The richest people in D3 are going to be the ones who actually spend the time to farm gear and don't qq on the forums about how underpowered their classes are.

The richest people in D3 will be those who recognized the ease at soloing as a ranged compared to farming to get the gear to then be able to solo as a barb or monk. Prices will fall with time and right now the market is at its highest due to the demand before player fall off.
Reply Quote
Honestly you're doing something wrong if you're only doing 10k dmg...
I do 10k and im only 55..

and the only semi decent peice of gear i have is my weapon
Edited by SpiritBear#1846 on 5/22/2012 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 01:15 AMPosted by Sergenti
im gear capped, 70k hp 70% reduction 45% like 8k DPS, i can farm act 2 with my wizard br0s, but literally act 3 is the dumbest thing i've ever seen in my life. I have the BEST gear you can possible obtain and i get hit for 20-30k
1) There is NO WAY you have the best gear possible after week 1 of the release. 2) Why is your hp so high? Why don't you have any resists? 3) You're a tank. Start letting your wizard friends be the dps and feel all special. Your job is, quite simply, to keep them alive.
Reply Quote
Monks aren't tanks bro, get with the times.
Reply Quote
Any monks that are solo'n any act in inferno, would you be willing to post statistics on dmg, dmg reduction, resist, hp, dodge, all the needed requirements to effectively play inferno.

Im not looking for the easy way out, just a good baseline to shoot for before i roll into act 2 of inferno. I know the game has just came out, and diablo is and always has been a farming game (not like being carried in easy WoW), but i would like some 'sound' stats to shoot for. A picture, a simple description of whats working, a link to you abilities, anything will do.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 11:47 AMPosted by SpiritBear
Monks aren't tanks bro, get with the times.
LOL! Gtfo!

@OP (and anyone else whining about monks in Act2):
Read this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271778796.
Reply Quote
1 week down..."OMFG why can't i solo inferno yet?" i lol'd

i play monk too I'm in inferno act 1, i get !@#$ on, guess what, ill get better gear (in time), i will get better at this game, i will solo act 4 inferno (in time), and let me say this again 1 %^-*ing week in the game!
Reply Quote
i agree with OP
Reply Quote
Stop complaining, I don't care what gear you have right now. I highly doubt you've found the best !@#$ yet. This is the whole point of Inferno, it's for the hardcore, it's going to take months of farming the gear, you need the legendary s, you need the full sets, so unless you got all that %^-* already stop complaining.

THANK YOU BLIZZARD FOR GIVING US A GAME THAT KICKS THE !@#$ OUT OF US, I love it
Reply Quote
Monks and barbs are horrendously underpowered and pointless in hell and inferno, i enjoy the herp derpers in here saying inferno should be hard, but wizard and dh have been farming it since DAY 2, how is that hard?

So that either means wizard and dh need HUGE nerfs, or monk and barb are need buffs

Id say both are in order, nerf wizards stupid 4k hp tank build that a glass cannon has NO BUISNESS having and buff up monks and barb so they can use MELEE which is what they were designed for, not kiting
Edited by Tien#1281 on 5/22/2012 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Stop complaining, I don't care what gear you have right now. I highly doubt you've found the best !@#$ yet. This is the whole point of Inferno, it's for the hardcore, it's going to take months of farming the gear, you need the legendary s, you need the full sets, so unless you got all that %^-* already stop complaining.

THANK YOU BLIZZARD FOR GIVING US A GAME THAT KICKS THE !@#$ OUT OF US, I love it

This ^^^^. As many have said, the game is not supposed to be easy and as I have read some responses to OP's post, your stats seem a little off. I currently have mediocre Inferno gear as monk and I am able to solo act 2 easily. My stats are 48k hp 18k dps and 65% reduction. My resistances are all at 220. I think OP is just doing something wrong but all these people whining about it being hard.... Seriously, it is supposed to be hard. nuff sed.
Reply Quote

This is absolutely false. At level 55 my dps was 3k. I had AH weapon and shield as well as a few other items.
Reply Quote

You're only lvl 55... you don't know !@#$.
Reply Quote
saw a barbarian thread with this image.

http://i.imgur.com/sIKsB.jpg

if the barbarian can do it.
monks can too.

Bosses are easy and monks have beaten most of them. No one is complaining about them, well most people. The issue are champion/elite packs whatever you want to call them. People can skip them to beat each Act, but why should we have to skip content to play the game? As getting better gear will not allow you to beat them, and the bosses are a joke compared to some of the champion/elite packs.

Agreed with this. I'm more worried about running into elite mobs with fire chains than running into Belial/Butcher/Whatever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]