Diablo® III

Solo inferno; What stats to stack?

86 Goblin Shaman
Without the 4721 build, what stats should I be stacking to solo inferno? I'm about half way through A2 right now. I have 30k damage, 33k health, and my resistances are all in the mid 200's, providing me around ~50% reduction on each. I use force armor, even though I don't use the low HP build.

I have some gold to blow, I'm just at a loss where to throw my gold without wasting it. Do I let my damage drop to a certain threshold and pick up more vit\resistance? Drop resistance for more vit? Is it viable to drop my source (which will loose about 6000 damage) to pick up a shield for more survivability (a random though). Just looking for some useful, friendly advice of where to go from here gear wise. Thanks :)
Edited by Simonzi#1682 on 5/22/2012 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Before I switched to low HP build, all my resists were over 400, and it seemed to make inferno possible, albeit I had to crawl through it. That was however with ~10k damage while I'm now at 20k. If I'm forced back to a high HP build, I expect better results with my higher DPS, but I'd raise your resists a bit more.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman
Were you using the resistance energy armor when you were over 400 resistance or the 35% one (or neither)? Do you remember roughly what the reduction % was at that level? Thanks for any advice.

I tried my idea of throwing on a shield with one I had lying around, and I think I'm taking less damage, although I'm only doing butcher runs right now, which I really didn't have much of a problem with anyway. I said it before, and I'll say it a million more times. I really wish this game had a combat log to parse :(
Edited by Simonzi#1682 on 5/22/2012 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Were you using the resistance energy armor when you were over 400 resistance or the 35% one (or neither)? Do you remember roughly what the reduction % was at that level? Thanks for any advice.

I tried my idea of throwing on a shield with one I had lying around, and I think I'm taking less damage, although I'm only doing butcher runs right now, which I really didn't have much of a problem with anyway. I said it before, and I'll say it a million more times. I really wish this game had a combat log to parse :(

I was using energy armor with the 40% resist buff, the values were all over 400 with the %'s closing in on 60% I think my top was arcane/holy which was 512 and was 57.something. It's been a couple days since I've had that gear on, sorry. :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I know a witch doctor who has 500+ all resists, 45k life, and spams life on hit/attack speed (and uses poison dart, ~2.4 attack speed, 600 life on hit) on all possible gear, yet still gets one shotted in a2+ inferno. Not worth your time, make yourself comfortable with 4721.
Edited by Malisar#1812 on 5/22/2012 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]