Diablo® III

Loot isn't broken, stop your b1tch1ng

First off I'm a witch-doctor using mele range spells in inferno.

Please stop making threads "loot is broken sign this." You little world of warcraft babies are going to break this game for the people that like it. If you don't like the loot system then don't play. I'm in act 1 inferno (got there by killing all of hell w/ mostly blues). And now I just farm up to the SK and get decent drops the whole way and it's gotten easier every game. Eventually I'll be farming all of act 1 until act 2 is easy for me. And this whole time I'll be saving up gold to buy even better items off the auction house.

This game isn't hard, the loot isn't broken. Most of you people need to learn to play your class, re-roll to a demon hunter (op for solo), or uninstall.
Edited by ProSaladToss#1486 on 5/22/2012 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
coming from someone who has sunk tons of time in almost every major action rpg (from an action rpg gamer's standpoint) and about a week in WoW. I completely disagree with you.

The itemization in this game compared to other action rpg's is seriously flawed.
It's just a slot roll hoping you get a lump of your main stat and vitality.
over and over again on the same blues and yellows.
There is virtually no choice whatsoever anymore.
No affix is really worth stacking except what I previously stated and +all resist.
Edited by Sobertoaster#1599 on 5/22/2012 11:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Cool story bro.

Also inb4 lock/delete.
Reply Quote
The loot system is bad because blues are so good. "got there by killing all of hell w/mostly blues". That shouldn't be happening - or at the very least be extremely hard.

"I'll be saving up gold to buy even better items off the auction house." Those items will probably be blue.....and are fairly easy - probably too easy - to find.

"The game isn't hard, the loot isn't broken."
If, at inferno level, the game isn't hard, then yes, the game is broken.
Reply Quote
First off I'm a witch-doctor using mele range spells in inferno.

Please stop making threads "loot is broken sign this." You little world of warcraft babies are going to break this game for the people that like it. If you don't like the loot system then don't play. I'm in act 1 inferno (got there by killing all of hell w/ mostly blues). And now I just farm up to the SK and get decent drops the whole way and it's gotten easier every game. Eventually I'll be farming all of act 1 until act 2 is easy for me. And this whole time I'll be saving up gold to buy even better items off the auction house.

This game isn't hard, the loot isn't broken. Most of you people need to learn to play your class, re-roll to a demon hunter (op for solo), or uninstall.

agreed for the most part although i would like to see a few useful legendaries like in d2 lod.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I can see where people are coming from when they say loot is broken. But for the most part I agree with you. The game is EXTREMELY new. People should be playing for at least 3 to 4 weeks. Let the auction house level out and see what sort of gear you've collected in that time. Personally, I have not done any farming but as a whole, i think diablo 3 is great. It's great fun and its super easy to play with friends and such. All the server downtime and achievement loss is a bit disappointing but, as a computer tech, I definitely understand that problems occur and extra time needs to be taken to work out the kinks.

I must say, though, if they are coming out with an expansion (obviously), it better be LEGENDARY!
Reply Quote
The loot system is bad because blues are so good. "got there by killing all of hell w/mostly blues". That shouldn't be happening - or at the very least be extremely hard

Why not? Who says a rare has to be better than a magical? All rare means is you can have MORE affix's doesn't always mean better

The itemization in this game compared to other action rpg's is seriously flawed.

You must never have played Diablo... thats the point. The point is you will find 100 items that are "ohh so close" but wrong stat combo. Think if everything that dropped was affix specific to your guy (although all stats help just most people look at the "main" one for dmg purpose) everyone would have godly items for there character in the first week.

And virtually no choice? what choice do you expect to have from RANDOM drops. Having a choice would make the system even more flawed

People really need to stop complaining they think its broken when the game hasn't even been out for 2 weeks. Just because you don't instantly find the weapon your gonna use your entire diablo career in the first week does not mean its flawed
Reply Quote
coming from someone who has sunk tons of time in almost every major action rpg (from an action rpg gamer's standpoint) and about a week in WoW. I completely disagree with you.

No affix is really worth stacking except what I previously stated and +all resist.

Did you play diablo 2?

k thx, bye.
Reply Quote
I also fail to see the issue.

People correlate rarity with effectiveness. Which is just ridiculous. Rarity does not denote it's value. Only it's potential value, which can be higher.

Just like it was in Diablo 2, nothing has changed. People simply get illusions about the value of items just because there is now the AH.

I guarantee that if you had AH in D2, the loot would seem just as crappy there and most people would also complain about rare's not being good enough.

It's 10x times easier to roll a good Blue than it is for a good Rare. Considering Rare's are about 100x times rarer, you got a nice little matchup where you'll most likely go through hundreds of Blues before you get a solid Rare that beats them hands down in every way. Even rarer are Legendaries where you probably have to go through thousands of Blues to find a legendary in the first place and those are also hard to roll good.

It's not Broken, it's how it's supposed to be. Simple as that.

In D2 many good rolled Blues beat Rares and Uniques hands down, unless you rolled those to be very good too.
Reply Quote
View profile
If you try playing the game 1-60 without ever using the AH, you will see why the loot system is broken.

I am not kidding when I say that 90% of the items are 10+ levels behind your character and utterly worthless. I don't care about what happens after 60 with the neph buff and I don't care what awesome stuff you bought on the AH that someone from Inferno A4 found.

I care about 1-59 and the stupidly ridiculous hard time there is to find gear of relevance. I don't want rares and legendaries falling from the skies, I just want halfway decent blues that are actually useful and of accurate level requirements to the content I'm playing. 53 Barb in Hell should not be finding level 44 gear. Come on now.
Reply Quote
If you try playing the game 1-60 without ever using the AH, you will see why the loot system is broken.

I am not kidding when I say that 90% of the items are 10+ levels behind your character and utterly worthless. I don't care about what happens after 60 with the neph buff and I don't care what awesome stuff you bought on the AH that someone from Inferno A4 found.

I care about 1-59 and the stupidly ridiculous hard time there is to find gear of relevance. I don't want rares and legendaries falling from the skies, I just want halfway decent blues that are actually useful and of accurate level requirements to the content I'm playing. 53 Barb in Hell should not be finding level 44 gear. Come on now.

I don't use the AH, I see nothing wrong with loot. Lvl 54, working my way through Hell. Heck, some of my items are bought from the ingame Vendors, lol.

Which wasn't that uncommon in D2 either, though you most likely gambled stuff there.

You do understand that you are NOT SUPPOSED to find great loot everywhere. Diablo is all about farming for better items. You are not just supposed to find good stuff by simply playing along. You are not.

When you are behind gear wise - you go back a few levels and farm till you get better stuff. It's as simple as that.

The way the random generator works would completely break any point of this game when item strength and drop rare would be increased. Everyone who played the game through once would be sitting on the best stuff. That would suck.
Edited by ArchangelEST#2533 on 5/22/2012 12:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Rares aren't rare. Sets and legendaries are trash. All items are the same. DPS, Vit, and main attribute is all the matters. Farming for items is pointless. All skills are based on item DPS. None of the items are exciting. Skill affixes are gone. Item abilities are gone. Runes words are gone. Item crafting is worthless. Item uniqueness is gone.

How exactly isn't this broken?
Edited by PRAFTD#1467 on 5/22/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You make fun of WOW when the main complaint is that most if not all the gear in this feels like it's straight out of WOW.
Reply Quote
I think there are several notable issues with the loot system as well, most notably being that legendaries are horrible compared to magics and rares. However, I believe that the claim that only vitality,resist all, and w/e you class stat is are the only valuable mods on items is dumb. It's only the first week and there is no pvp, people haven't really tested how valuable certain stats really are. for example, life steal, health globe +life, etc etc...
Reply Quote
View profile

I don't use the AH, I see nothing wrong with loot. Lvl 54, working my way through Hell. Heck, some of my items are bought from the ingame Vendors, lol.

Which wasn't that uncommon in D2 either, though you most likely gambled stuff there.

You do understand that you are NOT SUPPOSED to find great loot everywhere. Diablo is all about farming for better items. You are not just supposed to find good stuff by simply playing along. You are not.

When you are behind gear wise - you go back a few levels and farm till you get better stuff. It's as simple as that.

The way the random generator works would completely break any point of this game when item strength and drop rare would be increased. Everyone who played the game through once would be sitting on the best stuff. That would suck.

What part of my post did I say that I want to find great loot everywhere? In fact I specifically stated I didn't want rares and legendaries, I just wanted halfway decent blues now and then that were AROUND my characters actual LEVEL. There is nothing wrong with that, I'm not even finding gear around my level that has the wrong stats, I'm just finding outdated gear period. It's not working right.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 12:40 PMPosted by LtFaceman
Rares aren't rare. Sets and legendaries are trash. All items are the same. DPS, Vit, and main attribute is all the matters. Farming for items is pointless. All skills are based on item DPS. None of the items are exciting. Skill affixes are gone. Item abilities are gone. Runes words are gone. Item crafting is worthless. Item uniqueness is gone

Since it doesn't sound like your enjoying the game very much you can still get a refund (please do so we don't have to read moronic claims with no reasoning) and If you got it free with a WoW pass... well blizzard please don't give this game for free to WoW users they are trying to ruin it (Not ALL WoW users... some claim to be actual Diablo fans)

Granted the game has its flaws but people are trying to change why Diablo was Diablo.
If I wanted to play WoW or some other game where every item mattered and it wasn't a lottery roll I'd play it, I advise all you complainers to do the same
Reply Quote
D2 when it came out had combination of uniqe + rare / blue being the best but neither did D2 have the way main stat works since you cant put em were you want em to be like max block sorc or any other class that wanted high block or whatever.

The gamble in this game is crazy to say the least with all the main stats on all items its one big slotmachine and finding items feels dull and boring.

D2 had an awesome feeling when you found some uniqe item, or people using full sigons at low lvl.

Im just wondering if its possible to fix this when they already made all the classes so dependant on items with their main stat.

If the game is designed around painfully boring lvling through normal - nightmare - hell with slotmachine drops untill inferno when some more real drops come then well "da fck".

Killed boss on hell with full magic find buffs going and yay 2 blues :<.
Edited by wiazabi#2189 on 5/22/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]