Diablo® III

Wizard inferno build?

I have hit level 60 and currently I am trying to do inferno act 1 with my wizard. I am just wondering if someone can post their complete comps for me so I can get an idea of what to do, perhaps as they say, I'm doing it wrong! My group mate are a barb,monk,demon-hunter.

Can someone post their complete build please if they are having success in inferno?
Reply Quote
I haven't done it yet. But I can tell that you will definitely need hydra with venom, energy armor with force armor and that damage absorb skill (oh damn i forget the name, crystal shell?) with that larger absorb amount rune.
Reply Quote
05/22/2012 07:20 PMPosted by melo
I haven't done it yet. But I can tell that you will definitely need hydra with venom, energy armor with force armor and that damage absorb skill (oh damn i forget the name, crystal shell?) with that larger absorb amount rune.

That's exactly right, throw in teleport with wormhole for dicey situations, and then arcane orb with the reduced arcane power cost. I also prefer force weapon. Passives are illusionist, astral presence and galvanizing wand (or glass cannon)
Edited by Nemoch#1385 on 5/22/2012 7:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I appreciate this but it really doesn't help me without knowing passives and the complete build list :(
Reply Quote
I almost always play in a group with some tanks by the way so I'm not sure if that changes or what but I need a team build not a solo build.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Warlock
when soloing i go with something like this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acXQRO!YTU!YaaZaY

when grouping (i have a barb and a monk friend), i use this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aZXlSO!YTW!YbaYZY

the builds can be changed a little to fit your playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
My build is
diamond skin (crystal shell)
energy armor (force armor)
teleport (fracture)
mirror image (duplicate)
Shock pulse (piercing)
blizzard (stark winter)

passives: Illusionist, Galvanizing ward, Arcane Dynamo

the pros: survive very very long
the cons: kill very very slow

strategy, cast blizzard for snare, spam shock pulse while moving around to get 5 stacks of insights, then cast blizzard with extra damage.

unless the boss has Frozen status, you may want to cast MI in advance to create distraction. Otherwise use teleport for 2 images.

if the boss has Waller status, save your Teleport to get away from corners

use MI to break snares, stuns, freeze. Illusionist helps to reset the cooldown of MI so if you are caught off guard while MI is on cd, the mob hits you and you spam MI so you survive when the cd resets.

if the boss has both Waller and Frozen, skip them.

you can also replace MI or Teleport with Familiar (Ancient Guardian) to prevent death every 6 seconds. With enough life regen you should be damn hard to kill. But replacing any of these would create problems against certain mobs, especially the ones having gap closer that they can spam. And since this build already kill things slowly, I don't recommend dropping any of the offense spells.

kite mobs, use blizzard where necessary, don't spam it, you don't have the AP to spam it. The idea of this build is to utilize the blizzard "not stacking" effect, so you cast blizzard only when you have too. The rune increases this to 8 seconds, allowing more time to regen AP while you kite around.
Reply Quote
I've been using this for a while...

Hydra - Arcane
Arcane Orb - Tap the Source
Diamond Skin - Crystal Shell
Mirror Image - Duplicates
Teleport - Wormhole
Energy Armor - Force Armor

Temporal Flux
Galvanizing Ward
Astral Presence

Seems to be working fine against most of the elites in act 1 (exception being the really fast frog creatures).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]