Diablo® III

Resolve vs. Seize the Initiative

Which one is better to use in Inferno?

Some questions?
1) Does Resolve reduce damage from Plagued/Desecrator/other AOE stuff?
2) Does Armor reduce damage from the same stuff?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Which one is better to use in Inferno?

Some questions?
1) Does Resolve reduce damage from Plagued/Desecrator/other AOE stuff?
2) Does Armor reduce damage from the same stuff?

1.)Honestly, I'm not sure. I've tried experimenting to find out with it in Hell, and it honestly doesn't seem to make a noticeable difference. Of course, between the base 30% melee mitigation, 60% armor mit and 50% resist mit, this only lowers the damage by like 4 more percent... honestly w/o input from the Devs, it's gonna be hard to figure out.

2.)YES, it definitely does. Armor reduces ALL damage types.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Very interested in this question as well, Using One with everything and transcendence, but looking to find the best 3rd passive
Reply Quote
73 Troll Druid
05/24/2012 09:49 PMPosted by Killre
Very interested in this question as well, Using One with everything and transcendence, but looking to find the best 3rd passive
if you're looking to use the best passives possible why do you have one with everything
Reply Quote
both or you wont survive and beat act 2 inferno onwards. Unless you have the gear to have a minimum 450+ all resis across the board without one with everything you will struggle. The build i use is this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WigYXh!ZXY!ZZaYZZ
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
05/24/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Hokoha
if you're looking to use the best passives possible why do you have one with everything

I steamrolled Hell without using the stupid quickening spec, and am now just farming act 1 for gear, try act 2 inferno without massive resists, i don't think you'll do so well Hokaha. I have about 500 all resist with One w/ everything and since mantra of healing sucks now i feel i need to use transcendence as well, so again the question is which of the other two passives would be better to use.

My current stats are:
1200 Dex
900 Vit (Seems a bit low, had to sac some for high resist)
3800 armor unbuffed w/o enchantress or Seize
close to 500 resit all(with OWE)
14.5k dps
Reply Quote
so ,which is better?
no one answers the topic yet.
Reply Quote
i'm in act 3 inferno and i've never used one with everything. i always use resolve, transcendence, and seize the initiative.
Reply Quote
Owe
Seize (because this is more than 1k armor, thats more than a second shield would give you)
Transcendence
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]