Diablo® III

Barbarian solo Act 2 Inferno video

I know this isn't the first Act 2 Inferno video, but I just wanted to shed some light on other ways this can be accomplished.

To note:

1) Honestly a lot of the credit for this skill build goes to this forum. Though at times a depressing place I obtain a large amount of inspiration from you guys.

2) This is just one way of doing this out of many. My attributes and skills are posted in the details of the video, and are by no means 100% efficient.

3) I have almost no resist gear, my stat value is roughly Str>=Vit>Resist. I have less than 100 resist in most spell trees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjO2GhuRjuw
Edited by Temper#1301 on 5/23/2012 5:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
looks pretty nice
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 05:03 AMPosted by DerJens
looks pretty nice

thanks
Reply Quote
First off...awesome there is hope!

I am in nightmare with a similiar build Frenzy/Threating shout/Leap/Wrath of the ancients. I have Ignore Pain and I switch with a fury dump (currently siesmic).

Could you get away with the reduce cooldown talent for the ults? Also, could you get away the reduced cooldown for the Wrath of the ancients, or would that not help enough. I am just wondering if you got The earthquake down to every 35 if that would be helpful. You would lose one defenseive passive though.

Did you farm your gear or did you AH were given from higher level. I am wondering if its true that I need to farm A4(via AH) before I can go to A2.

Any comments would be awesome.
Reply Quote
Just a note to anyone interested in listening, I use EQ and Wrath of the Berserker w/ the Insanity Rune to get 100% damage increase and pop EQ (2000% weapon damage) and even in Inferno (w/ 805 damage 2h mace w/ 260 str) the champs and elite packs melt.
Reply Quote
You don't need any life steal?
Reply Quote
What's the dps of your main weapon?
Reply Quote
I looked at your stats and I still don't understand how a mortar is only hitting for 500-1.2k damage even with the leap. Either way props to you sir for beasting it up.
Reply Quote
First off...awesome there is hope!

I am in nightmare with a similiar build Frenzy/Threating shout/Leap/Wrath of the ancients. I have Ignore Pain and I switch with a fury dump (currently siesmic).

Could you get away with the reduce cooldown talent for the ults? Also, could you get away the reduced cooldown for the Wrath of the ancients, or would that not help enough. I am just wondering if you got The earthquake down to every 35 if that would be helpful. You would lose one defenseive passive though.

Did you farm your gear or did you AH were given from higher level. I am wondering if its true that I need to farm A4(via AH) before I can go to A2.

Any comments would be awesome.

1. It's possible to get away with removing armor passives or superstition, but it's probably not a wise choice. Though your uptime for your 2 min cooldowns would be less, the likelihood of surviving at certain times during engagements would be more difficult. Earthquake every 35 seconds would be nice, if you could adequately survive for those 35 seconds. Then after those 35 seconds would you be in a position to utilize the damage from earthquake is also something you have to worry about.

2. My gear I mostly farmed for myself. My friends who are progressed at around the same level as me have helped me out with a couple pieces, but I have only bought 1 piece of gear off the AH. (it was a str stam ring) To be honest, my gear is not so great. I feel like I could improve it in many places, but I hold out on the dreams that drops will improve it.

Since I find that looking at my individual pieces of gear will not give you an adequate picture of my stature, here is my character sheet.

http://i.imgur.com/jN5JJ.jpg
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 06:35 AMPosted by JJBagoos
You don't need any life steal?

I use Revenge only when the armor bonus from my leap is up and only if I can hit several targets. Otherwise I try to rely on pots, health globes, and my health pool.

A note on revenge, several times I find that I am able to hit mobs without them reaching me with revenge. It seems to have a slightly longer range than melee attacks (mine and enemy).
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Relinwar
What's the dps of your main weapon?

700, however I think you will get a better understanding of overall power from my character spreadsheet.

http://i.imgur.com/jN5JJ.jpg
Reply Quote
Excellent work, showing us what you can do instead of typing I do 30k dps and have 60k hp and rofl stomp inferno.

None of your gear seems exceptional and your stats are what I think we can expect from just playing the game.

A++ post, excellent shipping, would use again.
Reply Quote
Awesome stuff, I just got to act 1 inferno and am working on SK. I only have 1 skill that's on a long CD which is my Earthquake - 120 seconds. Everything else I have is roughly "how much fury do I have?" stuff. Good stuff though, make sure to post more for Act 3/4 if you can. ^_^

Also, can I haz your gold? <_<
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:00 AMPosted by Unicron1337
I looked at your stats and I still don't understand how a mortar is only hitting for 500-1.2k damage even with the leap. Either way props to you sir for beasting it up.

Thank you, I try and avoid the mortar fire as much as possible. Breaking line of sight causes them to approach you and it also bottle necks them so that you can minimize the surface area in which they can attack you.

If I am standing at a corner for example, I force the enemy mob to come within melee range of me where he cannot hit me with mortar fire. I increase my armor with leap and now he must fight me where I am at my strongest. Further, his allies won't be able to hit me with mortar fire either until they funnel through the choke, and even then they will only be able to attack me with melee attacks. The damage from which is dramatically reduced through the armor buff of my leap and which also procs revenge. Good for me, bad for them.

Last thing about those mortar mobs, the AI for the mortar mobs that I fought is not very good. Towards the end of that section of video you can see me abusing the AI a bit. I stand too close to him to be hit by mortar fire, but out of range for his melee. So the mob stands there staring at me, then eventually decides to cast his AoE lightning. Which by the way, I feel is the weakest ability out of rare mobs in the entire game. It doesn't do much damage and he stands there letting you attack him. If you wanted easy farming, I feel like those would be the mobs to target.
Reply Quote
Excellent work, showing us what you can do instead of typing I do 30k dps and have 60k hp and rofl stomp inferno.

None of your gear seems exceptional and your stats are what I think we can expect from just playing the game.

A++ post, excellent shipping, would use again.

I am not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but I think I get the general gist. Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Temper
It seems to have a slightly longer range than melee attacks (mine and enemy).

You can attack enemies from further away than normal by using shift attacks. Its pretty useful in inferno.

Nice video by the way.
Reply Quote
Have you tried Ignore Pain with the ignorance is bliss rune? Its pretty effective in Act 1, im wondering if ill be forced to change it or not.
Reply Quote
Awesome stuff, I just got to act 1 inferno and am working on SK. I only have 1 skill that's on a long CD which is my Earthquake - 120 seconds. Everything else I have is roughly "how much fury do I have?" stuff. Good stuff though, make sure to post more for Act 3/4 if you can. ^_^

Also, can I haz your gold? <_<

Embarrassing that you caught that.

Honestly, progressing through Act 2 makes me a bit anxious, it isn't easy and death seems to linger in some form or another around every corner. I can't imagine how I will deal with mobs that are stronger than the ones I am fighting now. Only time will tell I suppose.

One last thing, I wouldn't necessarily worry about expending your rage. I find it is more about having the correct tools for the situation when you need them. If you are frequently lacking a resource to help you out of a situation then something needs to change, but if you have an overabundance of rage, but are handling situations to your liking then nothing needs to change. =)
Reply Quote
Nice post. And funny enough, I just last night switched to a 1 handed spear/shield build.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:25 AMPosted by Temper
I am not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but I think I get the general gist. Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

He's saying that you're giving great specifics instead of plopping down general numbers and saying "see, i can do it."

And I agree, these are good tactical tips that we haven't seen enough of around here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]