Diablo® III

Barbarian solo Act 2 Inferno video

05/23/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Murderin
It seems to have a slightly longer range than melee attacks (mine and enemy).

You can attack enemies from further away than normal by using shift attacks. Its pretty useful in inferno.

Nice video by the way.

Thank you, and yes, I can confirm this statement as fact. If you see me awkwardly pausing and swinging my weapon into thin air it's because my shift button is held down. I have to stop on a dime for one reason or another.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, what I meant to say was that the ability Revenge has a longer range of attack than Frenzy. Let me be clear, you can hit an enemy with Revenge often when he cannot melee you and you cannot hit him with Frenzy. Your margin of error however is very small.
Reply Quote
Excellent work, showing us what you can do instead of typing I do 30k dps and have 60k hp and rofl stomp inferno.

None of your gear seems exceptional and your stats are what I think we can expect from just playing the game.

A++ post, excellent shipping, would use again.

I am not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but I think I get the general gist. Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

He's saying you made a good post and explained how you're doing what you're doing, rather than 99% of the forum posters that just boast about how great they are without actually showing anything.
Reply Quote
Thank you, and yes, I can confirm this statement as fact. If you see me awkwardly pausing and swinging my weapon into thin air it's because my shift button is held down. I have to stop on a dime for one reason or another.

I apologize for the misunderstanding, what I meant to say was that the ability Revenge has a longer range of attack than Frenzy. Let me be clear, you can hit an enemy with Revenge often when he cannot melee you and you cannot hit him with Frenzy. Your margin of error however is very small.

I know what you meant, i was just saying it in general to everyone.

But to my second question, have you tried ignore pain with ignorance is bliss in place of threatening shout?
Edited by Murderin#1918 on 5/23/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am inspired thanks for giving my barb hope whe the time comes
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Murderin
Have you tried Ignore Pain with the ignorance is bliss rune? Its pretty effective in Act 1, im wondering if ill be forced to change it or not.

So if the question is "Why don't you have Ignore Pain?" I think I would respond simply with, "What would I replace?" I think your curiosity stems from a deeper misunderstanding of my choices for skills and I believe that is my failure.

I try and instigate encounters where I have the upper hand, and in Inferno I need a step ladder to get that upper hand. I fight where/when I am strong and where/when they are weak. I am strong for 4 seconds after a leap and they are weak for 5 seconds after a threatening shout. those two timings are basically the crux of where the action takes place. If it were up to me I would never engage outside those two windows of time. Everything else I have tries to capitalize on those timing windows.

Except Frenzy, I just like Frenzy.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:42 AMPosted by Bartley
I am inspired thanks for giving my barb hope whe the time comes

With hope there is a chance, glory will be ours!
Reply Quote

I am not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, but I think I get the general gist. Thank you sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

He's saying you made a good post and explained how you're doing what you're doing, rather than 99% of the forum posters that just boast about how great they are without actually showing anything.

Thank you for clearing that up.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:43 AMPosted by Temper
I try and instigate encounters where I have the upper hand, and in Inferno I need a step ladder to get that upper hand. I fight where/when I am strong and where/when they are weak. I am strong for 4 seconds after a leap and they are weak for 5 seconds after a threatening shout. those two timings are basically the crux of where the action takes place. If it were up to me I would never engage outside those two windows of time. Everything else I have tries to capitalize on those timing windows.

Ah i see what you are doing. I just burn down packs in 10 seconds with ignore pain and op damage buffs in Act 1. I guess that wont work anymore once i hit act 2.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:46 AMPosted by Murderin

Ah i see what you are doing. I just burn down packs in 10 seconds with ignore pain and op damage buffs in Act 1. I guess that wont work anymore once i hit act 2.

I never want to tell anyone on this forum what to do and what not to do. I believe that everyone should come to conclusions by themselves. Perhaps you will discover something people overlooked!
Reply Quote
You are far too calm and composed for these forums. I demand you make a rage post filled with profanity and misdirected rage.
Reply Quote
It's amazing you're doing so well with, what seem to be, pretty low resistances. Every other post on the forums is saying how you need 700+ to be even remotely successful in A2.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:30 AMPosted by SgtScooter

He's saying that you're giving great specifics instead of plopping down general numbers and saying "see, i can do it."

And I agree, these are good tactical tips that we haven't seen enough of around here.

I can't really put into words how much I appreciate the positive feedback, I will continue doing this because I love it.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Porsha
Nice post. And funny enough, I just last night switched to a 1 handed spear/shield build.

Makes you feel like you're a Spartan doesn't it? I want one of those hats.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 08:11 AMPosted by obie191970
It's amazing you're doing so well with, what seem to be, pretty low resistances. Every other post on the forums is saying how you need 700+ to be even remotely successful in A2.

Honestly, I felt very depressed when I was looking at the auction house thinking about whether or not I wanted to drop what I was estimating around 1.5 million gold on a full set of gear for resist. I think things would have played out very differently if I had. All I know is that I knew I wanted to try my best before I succumbed to what seemed like collective logic. I implore the rest of you to do the same.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 08:00 AMPosted by IceFist
You are far too calm and composed for these forums. I demand you make a rage post filled with profanity and misdirected rage.

I was young once too. I don't blame anyone for acting the way that they do. I often find that it is better to separate the ideas from the words, I think everyone would get along much better that way. =)

On that note I am going to crash out, see you guys in 6-8 hours.
Reply Quote
Extremely impressive for me. I have been being stuck in act I for 40 hours for non-stop farming res gear and no significant improvement so far. But just curious, can you actually farm with this build? Because I think it is also very important.
Reply Quote
The whiners finally get slapped in the face. KUDOS to you sir for showing them you don't need OP items. You move so well and your timing is amazing. Pro! :)
Reply Quote
This proves something
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 08:21 AMPosted by TruongTx
Extremely impressive for me. I have been being stuck in act I for 40 hours for non-stop farming res gear and no significant improvement so far. But just curious, can you actually farm with this build? Because I think it is also very important.

I've been getting questions about how I kill normal mobs. I think I will post a video showing how I do it, but it's pretty boring and it is very much like how I kill elites, but the normal mobs just die faster.

Sometimes when I get in a bind or I know a large amount of damage is incoming I will blow a 2min cooldown, but very rarely will I need both at once. I know other builds would probably be more efficient for regular mobs, but my thinking is- I just need to get through them and onto the rare packs.
Reply Quote
I would suggest switching your Frenzy rune to Maniac. The damage bonus affects all of your damage output, not just Frenzy swings.

I might try replacing my Ignore Pain with Threatening Shout and see how that goes, but you should also try the opposite. Ignore Pain is a very good skill and you can chain together Leap + Ignore Pain + Leap for a 15-second god mode every 26 seconds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]