Diablo® III

Barbarian solo Act 2 Inferno video

85 Night Elf Warrior
First of all, nice vid. Tho my issue with this video is that these are defintly the weakest creatures of act 2. Mayb try showing some the harder most elites like huntress's etc.

Cheers.
Reply Quote
05/23/2012 09:10 AMPosted by LOLmachine
The whiners finally get slapped in the face. KUDOS to you sir for showing them you don't need OP items. You move so well and your timing is amazing. Pro! :)

1) My intention was never to prove anyone right or wrong when I did this, I simply wanted to play the game my way and share it with this forum in hopes of progressing everyone's knowledge of the class.

2) Thank you for your positive feedback, it really means a lot to me.

3) A couple of things regarding movement and timing,

• Watching for the debuffs down at the corner of your screen for things like Desecrator is pretty important. If you aren't careful, half your life will be gone before you know it. It's also important to note that the pool of Desecrator fire can be cast around corners annoyingly, and it can stack up to 3 times (I think it depends on the number of enemies that are capable of casting Desecrator, 3 is just the highest I've seen). So if you are jailed in 3 stacks of fire, the damage will be extreme.
  • It is important to note there is also an internal cooldown for Desecrator/Frozen/Plagued mobs casting their special abilities. I believe for each individual rare mob it is somewhere in the neighborhood (do not quote me on this timing it is simply a shot in the dark) of 10 seconds.
  • What's important about all this is being able to find/creating that window of opportunity to do damage and knowing something terrible is coming. Though having leap up would be nice at points where you have to avoid getting frozen/getting out of poison/fire, if the melee damage the mobs do is just too great (as it almost always is in Act 2 Inferno), then you have to use leap for the armor in order to get some damage through (or even maybe some healing and with leap+revenge).
    Edited by Temper#1301 on 5/23/2012 3:58 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    First of all, nice vid. Tho my issue with this video is that these are defintly the weakest creatures of act 2. Mayb try showing some the harder most elites like huntress's etc.

Cheers.

Thank you for the feedback.

I just randomly chose creatures, I'll upload more fights tonight.
    Reply Quote
    I would suggest switching your Frenzy rune to Maniac. The damage bonus affects all of your damage output, not just Frenzy swings.

I might try replacing my Ignore Pain with Threatening Shout and see how that goes, but you should also try the opposite. Ignore Pain is a very good skill and you can chain together Leap + Ignore Pain + Leap for a 15-second god mode every 26 seconds.

1) I enjoy your stream sir, and thank you for your input.

2) In my short experimentation with the Maniac rune I find that though the 20% damage increase is nice, it's ramp up time and it's duration is not synergistic with the rest of the build.

3) Initially I was using Ignore Pain, and though it is the superior defensive ability, I found that the cooldown was just too long. The instance you gave for example, though you are extremely hardy for those 15 seconds, after that I find myself with a lackluster amount of defensive capability. There were long periods of time where I found myself waiting to reduce my damage taken by 65% and often by the time it was up, even avoiding all the damage that I feasibly could, I would be at too low of health to capitalize on the defensive cooldown.

4) All that being said, what works for you could just not work for me. I respect your play style and after seeing it first hand, I am happy for you for accomplishing what you have done.
    Edited by Temper#1301 on 5/23/2012 4:17 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

2) In my short experimentation with the Maniac rune I find that though the 20% damage increase is nice, it's ramp up time and it's duration is not synergistic with the rest of the build.

3) Initially I was using Ignore Pain, and though it is the superior defensive ability, I found that the cooldown was just too long. The instance you gave for example, though you are extremely hardy for those 15 seconds, after that I find myself with a lackluster amount of defensive capability. There were long periods of time where I found myself waiting reduce my damage taken by 65% and often by the time it was up, even avoiding all the damage that I feasibly could, I would be at too low of health to capitalize on the defensive cooldown.

If ramping up isn't synergetic, why use Frenzy at all? Wouldn't cleave or bash serve you better?

And yeah, you do have to juggle when you're taking damage or not with Ignore Pain. I do want to try Threatening Shout and see how well that does, considering the DR is constant.

I'm interested in trying out a new build. Adding Ground Stomp would increase those 16 seconds to 20 assuming the majority of your incoming damage is melee. Adding Furious Charge would let you slip away for the remaining 4 seconds of the cycle. I'm not sure about the damage output that would result, but aside from shielding mobs it seems like it could handle anything.
    Edited by rrowland#1177 on 5/23/2012 4:22 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

3) Initially I was using Ignore Pain, and though it is the superior defensive ability, I found that the cooldown was just too long. The instance you gave for example, though you are extremely hardy for those 15 seconds, after that I find myself with a lackluster amount of defensive capability. There were long periods of time where I found myself waiting reduce my damage taken by 65% and often by the time it was up, even avoiding all the damage that I feasibly could, I would be at too low of health to capitalize on the defensive cooldown.

If ramping up isn't synergetic, why use Frenzy at all? Wouldn't cleave or bash serve you better?

And yeah, you do have to juggle when you're taking damage or not with Ignore Pain. I do want to try Threatening Shout and see how well that does, considering the DR is constant.

I'm interested in trying out a new build. Adding Ground Stomp would increase those 16 seconds to 20 assuming the majority of your incoming damage is melee. Adding Furious Charge would let you slip away for the remaining 4 seconds of the cycle. I'm not sure about the damage output that would result, but aside from shielding mobs it seems like it could handle anything.

1) The stun, I love the stun.

2) Good luck on future endeavors, let us know how it turns out!
    Reply Quote

Bash does 150% damage and can be runed to have a 35% chance to stun.
    Frenzy does 110% damage and can be runed to have a 20% chance to stun.

If ramping up isn't synergetic, I think the better choice is obvious.
    Reply Quote

Bash does 150% damage and can be runed to have a 35% chance to stun.
    Frenzy does 110% damage and can be runed to have a 20% chance to stun.

If ramping up isn't synergetic, I think the better choice is obvious.

Sorry, I'm currently in game right now if I'm not explaining myself very well right now. I guess I shouldn't have said that ramping isn't always Synergistic, it sometimes is. I think I will play around with the bash stun some more, but I think it has to do with the attack speed increase. Allowing me almost a complete stunlock on my target sometimes even without Wrath of the Berserker.
    Reply Quote

Sorry, I'm currently in game right now if I'm not explaining myself very well right now. I guess I shouldn't have said that ramping isn't always Synergistic, it sometimes is. I think I will play around with the bash stun some more, but I think it has to do with the attack speed increase. Allowing me almost a complete stunlock on my target sometimes even without Wrath of the Berserker.

Alright, that makes sense. Frenzy is better on single targets for sure.
    Reply Quote

Alright, that makes sense. Frenzy is better on single targets for sure.

Thanks again for the feedback sir, I wish you luck on your stream!
    Reply Quote
    86 Tauren Shaman
    Thats awesome man. However all of the packs that you came across were in the medium dificulty to kill. How do you cope with the elite packs that have

1 of the following:
    molten/reflects dmg/waller/vortex + an AoE/Fire Chains/Extra Health

Maybe its just my luck but every mob i came across in Act 1 so far had molten and a sheild on it. Makes me just want to throw myself off my balcony.

also did you buy gear of the AH an dif so what was your buyout limit, if not where did you farm.

Props to you !
    Reply Quote
    Thats awesome man. However all of the packs that you came across were in the medium dificulty to kill. How do you cope with the elite packs that have

1 of the following:
    molten/reflects dmg/waller/vortex + an AoE/Fire Chains/Extra Health

Maybe its just my luck but every mob i came across in Act 1 so far had molten and a sheild on it. Makes me just want to throw myself off my balcony.

also did you buy gear of the AH an dif so what was your buyout limit, if not where did you farm.

Props to you !

Thank you for your support. Did you take a look at my Act 1 video? It's in the description of the Act 2 video. I hope it will answer some of your questions.

I'll try to upload more video by tonight.
    Reply Quote
    I Aplaud you sir for showing us the potential of the barbarian class instead of "omg reroll blizz so unfair QQ", i got a question, would you think a full dps build with your build would work?

once again exellent work.
    Reply Quote
    Still waiting for those that are saying that Act 2 Inferno can't be done by Barbs >_>

Oh wait.. video shows it could with subpar items but OPTIMAL mind and skills with proper positioning and not just bashing everything you see.

Oh well ^_^

Anyways, nice work :D
    Reply Quote
    I Aplaud you sir for showing us the potential of the barbarian class instead of "omg reroll blizz so unfair QQ", i got a question, would you think a full dps build with your build would work?

once again exellent work.

First, more than anything I want to thank you and everyone else on these forums for your guys' support. I can't express how much it means to me.

Second, I was wondering which direction I should take in my future videos. Act 1 has some real potential to mix up builds and create some really fun ones. I think I may go in that direction in the future. My hope is to provide inspiration to others to find ones that work in Act 2. That being said I always like to push myself to do harder things so don't expect me to stop posting progression videos.

I personally don't know of a way to have a pure dps build in Act 2 Inferno, but that absolutely does not mean that there is not one.

To answer your question more specifically, though I may seem invincible in a few of those clips, that is only the result of the armor buff after the leap which is enhanced through my passives (and threatening shout). Would the situations have gone differently had my passives been different, that answer to that is a definitely yes, however, how I only have a vague idea. I think it would involve me either killing the enemies much quicker or dying much quicker.

I hope I answered your question somewhere in there.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    I have similar dps so i would make a suggestion. Try and get more resistances and armor so you can alter the game style a bit. It seems that if wrath/eq don't kill your mobs, you are basically kiting until your leap is off cd again. Only difference i have is that i don't have eq and get furious charge instead. When you are surrounded by a few mobs, it is a great escape mechanism as well as great healing. It means you can use leap exclusively for the armor buff and you don't have to worry about getting away if things get hairy.

The reason i think you should drop eq is that you are relying on 2 longish cds which when they are on cd, you are kiting around waiting for leap to come off cd. With charge instead of eq, you can be more aggressive and do much more damage (compared to if you had eq and it was on cd) so it increases kill speed on white mobs, gives you more healing/escape routes and more mobility. With such low resists, armor i guess this might not be possible so you need to dome something in your 2 minute CD and kite until leap is up all the time. I would still recommend trying it though because relying on those CD's seems like there would be a lot of downtime waiting for them to come up.

Nice video btw, skilled maneuvering on the elite/champions
    Edited by Barabbus#1968 on 5/23/2012 6:34 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Still waiting for those that are saying that Act 2 Inferno can't be done by Barbs >_>

Oh wait.. video shows it could with subpar items but OPTIMAL mind and skills with proper positioning and not just bashing everything you see.

Oh well ^_^

Anyways, nice work :D

Thank you for your compliments sir.
    Reply Quote
    I have similar dps so i would make a suggestion. Try and get more resistances and armor so you can alter the game style a bit. It seems that if wrath/eq don't kill your mobs, you are basically kiting until your leap is off cd again. Only difference i have is that i don't have eq and get furious charge instead. When you are surrounded by a few mobs, it is a great escape mechanism as well as great healing. It means you can use leap exclusively for the armor buff and you don't have to worry about getting away if things get hairy.

The reason i think you should drop eq is that you are relying on 2 longish cds which when they are on cd, you are kiting around waiting for leap to come off cd. With charge instead of eq, you can be more aggressive and do much more damage (compared to if you had eq and it was on cd) so it increases kill speed on white mobs, gives you more healing/escape routes and more mobility. With such low resists, armor i guess this might not be possible so you need to dome something in your 2 minute CD and kite until leap is up all the time. I would still recommend trying it though because relying on those CD's seems like there would be a lot of downtime waiting for them to come up.

Nice video btw, skilled maneuvering on the elite/champions

1. Thank you very much for your input. What you have to say has made me rethink my build and that's exactly what I want. Resist would make a few fights easier that's for sure, but I worry about my damage loss. I think the end goal for me would be to eventually pick up resist and armor gear. Though that is by no definite means how my play style will evolve.

2. Though charge is so much fun to use, I find that fights often drag on much too long without Earthquake (longer fights means more things can go wrong <- my opinion). Also, without threatening shout I find myself feeling very vulnerable when leap is on cooldown.

3. Those things being said, I absolutely do not mean to dismiss what you are saying. Your build with the appropriate gear seems absolutely plausible and probably safer. But I like this play style and it has yet to fail me.
    Edited by Temper#1301 on 5/23/2012 6:53 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warrior
    Yep that's fair enough, good job so far
    Reply Quote
    I just wanted to pop in and say that I have been using your skill build some this afternoon with great success. Thanks for the ideas!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]