Diablo® III

Monk. The ultimate kiting class!

Many people choose Monk for the purpose of playing a melee character.
Due to the insufficient ability to generate enough spirit, now we have a problem.
In inferno, it is now nearly impossible to stand toe to toe.. this "melee" class has to kite.
Monk was supposed to be in the fray as a melee, and yes we did tank quite well.
Now the Quickening Rune is suddenly an exploit? Because it allowed us to tank?
Because it required all monks to wear shields and gear up to take some heavy damage
and survive with their SPIRIT. Not running and kiting.
"because it takes no skill" say a lot of Demon Hunters, and Wizards. Yes because
when you stand behind a melee class, and press a button to shoot projectiles from
a safe distance, it takes skill. Running and shooting.. takes skill. That's what hoodrats
do for FUN in the slums. That is not skill. In all fairness, you are frailer
than us melee, but do more damage - in turn, monks should get more survivability.
I think every melee class, who are supposed to be the brunt of the lineup of classes
should have some sort of viable way to survive within a pack of mobs. Barbarians do
and Monks should also.

At this point, there is not enough spirit generation going on for a plausible way to play as a
true melee character in Inferno. If there is a way, I stand corrected, but as of yet, I am playing Inferno Act 2 and have not found a way to play like a normal melee character.

I am sitting at 8k armor, 12k damage, 250 Res All with 34k hp.
Mantra of healing is also broken, but that is not the core of the Monk problem at the moment.
Reply Quote
You call this thread monk ultimate kiting class but do not explain at all how you are kiting in inferno and what skills u use....
Reply Quote
I guess I feel a little frustration seeping out of Greedies post^^
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Krazyinda407
You call this thread monk ultimate kiting class but do not explain at all how you are kiting in inferno and what skills u use....

Sarcasm...

He's poking fun at the fact that we are supposed to be a melee class, but because of how our skills actually function we are forced into poke and run situations rather than being able to stand our ground.
Reply Quote

I am sitting at 8k armor, 12k damage, 250 Res All with 34k hp.
Mantra of healing is also broken, but that is not the core of the Monk problem at the moment.

You need more health and resist.
Reply Quote
im sitting at 43khp, 60% dodge, 411 res, 16k dps (25 full buffs) im still getting rolled in a2, bugs 1 shot me, most elites i get to 1/10th health then BAM..dead.....yes i do know not to stand in the green.red.pools and purple light-sabers
Edited by Grave#1742 on 5/26/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Now the Quickening Rune is suddenly an exploit?

For the last time, Quickening still works with FoT. What was fixed was Quickening procing off of ANY crit, like from Winds.
Reply Quote
Yes, I understand it is a mesmerizing revelation, but even if you are a melee class, in diablo 3 you have to kite.

Personally, I wouldn't want it in any other way.
Reply Quote
Here is a kite build I use to kill Azmodan in inferno mostly kite the lazer, avoid the black thing and run to res people. Almost everything will 1 shot you it u get hit though ><

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#dcgjRQ!acb!aZbcZZ

you will also need something like.
- Shoe +movement speed
- 2x weapon that regen spirit.

Edit: usually I tank with
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bcgXRQ!YXU!ZZbZYc
With 30k HP 7k armor(included 50% from deadly) and 1000 resist (20% from mantra).
Edited by SoulDefender#1228 on 5/26/2012 8:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]