Diablo® III

Action Bar lock PLZ!!!

A number of times I lost my Neph buff due to moving of skills, even if u put the skill back in the same spot you lose the buff.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 01:25 PMPosted by FinalTidus
are you.... clicking your spells?

^ This ^

Even though the game revolves around clicking, there's actually a use for a few buttons on the keyboard. I think you'll find 1-4 and Q to be most pleasing.
Edited by Giraffasaur#1856 on 5/24/2012 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Please dont tell me you click on skills with your mouse.
Reply Quote
No. When kiting packs, I sometimes click my spell bar. Regardless if I click spells or not. It should be in the game.
Reply Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Duckofdeath

This.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 01:25 PMPosted by FinalTidus
are you.... clicking your spells?

Wait....... I didn't realize this was even possible. o_0
Reply Quote
View profile
If you left-click on a spell icon and drag it, it'll remove it from the bar, or if you right-click, it'll cover the screen with the skill interface. This can be surprisingly easy to do in the heat of battle if you're not careful where you place your cursor. Having a lock on the spell bar to prevent this sort of thing is actually a really good idea.
Edited by MountainMan#1630 on 5/24/2012 1:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So many trolls.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 01:27 PMPosted by MonsterHand
No. When kiting packs, I sometimes click my spell bar. Regardless if I click spells or not. It should be in the game.

I can see how maybe someone is running and clicks near the bottom of the screen and...oops! Activated a skill or moved it.

I see your point. I'm inclined to not only agree with you, but also make another addition:

I'd like to see it to where spells that are clicked on are not activated; only activated by number button pushing. That way, no accidents can happen at all.

It would be similar to the way control groups work in Starcraft II. You can make it to where they are only accessed by pushing a button instead of clicking on its respective tab.
Edited by Giraffasaur#1856 on 5/24/2012 1:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Turn off elective mode and drag-and-drop stops working. Don't worry, your skills will stay in place.
Reply Quote
Thanks Cogwheel, but still its a EZ fix for blizzard to add a Lock action bar in options.
Edited by MonsterHand#1112 on 5/24/2012 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 01:30 PMPosted by MonsterHand
Thanks Cogwheel, but still its a EZ fix for blizzard to add a Lock action bar in options.

Don't stop at options. A tiny little lock icon to toggle it next to the end of the skill bar would be good too. Just make it small enough that it's very unlikely it'll ever be clicked accidentally.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
It is functionally the same thing Monsterhand. The elective mode button 'doubles' as that function. All you are asking for is a rename of the button and to split it into two different toggles.
Reply Quote
Of course he doesn't click skills with his mouse... Sometimes when your cursor is flying around the screen really fast to move your character around, you can accidentally click a skill and pull it off the bar. It's happened to me a few times.

I also wish there was a way to lock the skill bar.

Cursors can't fly.
Reply Quote
05/24/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Xiarielle

This.

^^^
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
It happened to me a few time too. My crappy Radioshack mouse is at fault! But yes, what Cogwheel said.
Edited by Pitted#1426 on 5/24/2012 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]