Diablo® III

XP Nerf in Multiplayer? Not a SP game huh?

16 Goblin Rogue
So for a game that is "Not a single player game", Blizz sure made it extremely difficult to play with your friends. So before anyone starts in on the flame war / trolling on me, I did a check when playing with a friend that was more than 10 levels higher than my character (yes it happens...some of us have real lives). I played with him, and every 3rd or 4th enemy that I killed I would get between 5 XP and 20 XP. Also even if I I did the mass killing, I got no bonus for me doing the mass killing. As soon as he left the game? 100XP or more per enemy and bonuses were back on.

So not a SP game huh? Friends of mine can't play with me, because it nerfs any leveling or progression of my own character. So...that means I'm playing solo 90% of the time. This isn't a hard fix either. You already do Personal loot. So why not do personal XP and bonuses? They'll get 0XP for killing things WAY under level, and I get my normal XP when I kill something my own level? (including my own bonuses). Until then, anyone who says "This is not a single player game" is seriously kidding themselves.
Reply Quote
16 Goblin Rogue
Blue's can you speak to this? Is this something that is even on the radar to fix in future hotfixes?
Reply Quote
16 Goblin Rogue
BUMP.....because once again I'm trying to play with my friends and I can't....every time they join I get stuck on XP again.....thanks a ton Bliz for making your multiplayer game a SP game.
Reply Quote
i level way faster with friends, because things die faster.
Reply Quote
They did this to stop high level characters running low level characters through things.

If you are the same level or close then the exp penalty doesn't apply. Sorry to say but your friend is too high for you.
Reply Quote
16 Goblin Rogue
That's the point though. I don't WANT to be power leveled. But I DO want to play with my friends. Again, they fixed this with the loot, so why is it so difficult to understand how to fix it with the XP? No shared XP....very simple. That means I level as normal when I kill things on my own (yes if they wipe the floor with everything, that's my problem)....but don't NERF me just cause they are in my game.

Keep in mind guys, not everyone plays 24x7....so why am I restricted to playing with my friends, and sentenced to a "solo" game for a game that is not a single player game?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]