Diablo® III

Duel wielding Critical damage Question

so i slot both my 1hand xbow with cridmg rune 50% each. on the menu it add a total of 100% to cri damage.

however when i attack, i notice it doesnt add 100% critical dmg but only 50%.
so i tried to remove 1 of the gem from the bow and use rapid shot again. the cri damage was same as having 2 gem, and 50% of the cri hit deal lesser damage.

does it means the critical damage is dealt per hand and does not add up both of the weapon critical damage. if that the case, using a 2h bow or xbow would be better and i save a gem too.
Reply Quote
You probably just had bad luck with where your crits were on your damage range. How many different crits did you study? Chances are if you hit a crit on the low end when you had 100% crit damage bonus and one on the high end when you only had 50% damage bonus, they would be roughly the same amount of damage.
Reply Quote
ok u maybe right.
but i just want to confirm that it is not the case where 2 bow shoot alternatively without stacking of the option like critical damage/leech life/additional damage.
Reply Quote
It certainly could be true, but if your character sheet says that you have more crit damage when you put both the gems in than you do when you only have 1 in, it's probably a bug or something. Generally any stat bonuses like crit or dexterity are added to both weapons. Only straight damage on the weapon and effects like lifesteal are supposed to be weapon specific.
Edited by LtShaft#1108 on 5/27/2012 2:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hi Zack. I tried what you described. Actually played through a good chunk of hell with dual 1handbows with 100% crit each + 50 base and + 50 more from rings... total 300% crit.

What I observed is the large min-to-max range of 1handcrossbows results in many smaller criticals, when compared to a 2handcrossbow.
Reply Quote
Hi Zack. I tried what you described. Actually played through a good chunk of hell with dual 1handbows with 100% crit each + 50 base and + 50 more from rings... total 300% crit.

What I observed is the large min-to-max range of 1handcrossbows results in many smaller criticals, when compared to a 2handcrossbow.

good to hear that.. if not DW will totally be pointless.
so for critical hit player, DW is still the way to go
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]