Diablo® III

Act 2 Inferno Monk Solo

Currently in Act 2 inferno with my monk solo and I'm here to tell you that it is doable. I don't have the best gear. My current dps is 12.5k, 9k armor with the keen rune buff and my resistance currently 291 (OWE) and I am a quest or two away from Belial. My spec is constant spirit regen to generate offense and to only kite when you have to which is about 2-5 seconds for me while I am in battle for 30-60 seconds. From what I realized most monks tend to burn their cds a few seconds into the fight which is where you go wrong in the first place. You always must have one crowd control or healing cooldown at your disposal when the other ones are off. Also consider potions a part of your cds because it can and will save your life. My specs are http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bZYXgQ!cXU!ZZcbaZ

Monks are worthless without spirit and who really wants to use serenity as a way to generate spirit. The skill itself isn't meant for a monk to regen spirit when fighting a group of mobs then having to run away until it is ready again. With my current build I generate 5 spirit per second so I can have an offensive skill ready which is Lashing tail kick to knock back enemies that surround me and go after one and focus it. The rest that you knock back will come back and just rinse and repeat. This works for elites too but you have to be very observant on what they do and what skills they have. Remember don't burn your cool downs in the very first seconds of the fight and always have one ready at all times when the others are at rest. Your survivability will increase =D
Reply Quote
have you tried this with FoT-Thunderclap? The added armor is great with reach but FoT gets you to the enemy much faster. I havent tried either, just curious
Reply Quote
I've tried many builds and it just depends on your play style. My play style is micro management and just not hack and slash which is what most monks do disregarding the enemy's offense and your surrounding. My build works very well for me and I am currently about to fight Zoltun Kulle all by my self =D
Reply Quote
with how many stacks of the buff though?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
haha my gear even worse than yours im on belial atm. Taking breaks but got him down to 20% solo

i have 4k armor 42% dodge and 390 resist(finally got above 250 today XD). I use a simliar build but using Conviction and fot:thunderclap instead of Keen eye deadly reach. Works wonders. I run at 14k dps buffed so not much but you really do have to pay attention when u aren't going full out tank

I also dual weild
Reply Quote
with how many stacks of the buff though?
Reply Quote
NV buff? I currently have 5 =D
Reply Quote
what weapons do you use? sword/shield? 2h? or DW?
Reply Quote
I'm using a 750 1h weapon with a 1200 shield i found while farming.
@Jiblethead my advice to you is don't give up. You're going to die a lot but that's part of the process of getting better and knowing what you have to do in each moment
Reply Quote
Im currently working on the same boss, though recently been facing money issues due to farming runs yielding no real loot, and the many wipes to get there.

Almost killed the dang constructs but got killed, gonna attempt later.
Reply Quote
ur passives suck! If you are not using resolve, seize the initiative and transcendence the majority of the time you are doing something wrong. One with everything should not be used if you are using it you are under geared.

Blizzard has said dont use MOH until it is fixed due to boon restructure. So this means u r using MOH for max 2-3k heal and 3 spirit production which is minimal anyways. Another waste.

I actually come close to calling b%llSh&t on this one. I wont say it though ill have good faith he has done what he said he has.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WigYXh!ZXY!ZZaYZa

Beat Belial 2 man with a sub par barb.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149184017#7
Edited by Taross#1144 on 5/27/2012 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Uhhh... why do I have to use those certain passives in order to progress further into act2? Since when did it say I have to have those skills? If anything you're just hating which is fine because I'm doing something right
Reply Quote
I wonder how have you been able to progress in act 2 with this build. I'm trying it, but nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this game can make me beat any decent elite pack in act two, though act 1 was peace of cake.

Here are my stats:

Hp 33k
Armor 6,3k
Resists Physical 570, poison 400, rest 370
DPS: 13k
Dodge: 34 Percent.

This is what I have regardless of any skillset I choose.

The OP build I found barely useful. How do you kill any decent elite pack with that? The damage output is low and you are reduced to hitting while your immunity/blindness last, then kick enemies to give time for cooldowns to end, and do it all over again. You take far too long to kill anything, since most of the time you'll be waiting for cooldowns and running away, and when you go to face your enemies you have only the spirit generator for damage. It is workable, but extremely slow and it pains me just to look at it.

As for Taoss build, I found it extremely good in some aspects. The damage reduction debuffs you apply to your enemies make your death very unlikely and allows you to do constant damage with deadly reach and Sweeping Wind with damage rune. I found a problem with it, however, and if anyone could help me out I'd be extremely grateful.

Thing is, I can't kill any elite pack with desecration, plague or spirit chains. This means I can only kill elites whose non-conventionial damage I'm able to avoid, like frozen, arcane, lightning, jailor, vortex, waller... if there is desecrator, plagued, molten or fire chains I'm as good as dead. Any attempt will fail. This happens because I can't stay 2 seconds on top of molten, plague of fire chains, reagardless of my resistances, armor or dodge ratings. How do I counter something like that?

Of course I can finish the act by skipping these packs, but then If I have to skip 1/2 to 2/3 of the elite packs in the game it means I'm useless at it.
Reply Quote
@Gio I'll be beating a2 tonight I will post a link up for you. How is your micro management? Your dps? From my experience resistance doesn't mean anything because they can still 2-3 shot you. It's all about play style
Reply Quote
Oh and are you using Lashing Tail kick properly? You are trading dps for resistance which matters not. Focus on getting close to enemies and not burning all your cooldowns in a matter of seconds but using them in succesions.
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 04:20 PMPosted by Phloozy
have you tried this with FoT-Thunderclap? The added armor is great with reach but FoT gets you to the enemy much faster. I havent tried either, just curious

The problem with Thunderclap is 3 fold IMHO:
1) You don't have the option to hit and move with it
2) Molten mobs wreck you since you teleport into them
3) losing the +50% armor buff
Reply Quote
05/27/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Taross
ur passives suck! If you are not using resolve, seize the initiative and transcendence the majority of the time you are doing something wrong. One with everything should not be used if you are using it you are under geared.

I beg to differ on OWE -- it's awesome if you're finding gear with both +all resist +your chosen. Yes, ideally, you'd just have all +all resist with the same total, but that is much, MUCH more difficult to do.
Reply Quote
I figured out this build just a few hours ago (mine differing from yours in that I'm not using chant of resonance or circular breathing, but I may experiment with that). I'm not in Act 2, but it has certainly made farming the Butcher quite easy (haven't died once). I'm glad to see that this is effective in Act 2, it's certainly the best that I've experimented with
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]