Diablo® III

Computer tech masters one question plz help!

I have a laptop with a radeon 6620g. I'm running at 1366x768 and NO MATTER WHAT I get non stop jerky weird lag. If I ult tab out and then back in everything speeds up smooth as glass and 1 second later its non stop DIPPING fps.

I've lowered the detail down, tried EVERYTHING with catalyst control ect...I can play games like SKYRIM on med/high. Starcraft 2 Med...everything is 30+ fps BUT THIS GAME!!!

So my one question is...

IS MY LAPTOP JUST NOT GOING TO RUN THIS OR IS THE GAME SCREWED UP!!! I want to play but this is driving me crazy...How can my laptop run other games such as skyrim BUT THIS GAME JUST STUMBLES ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!

Anyone plz tell me your opinion.
Reply Quote
Check the d3prefs.ini settings listed on this site.
And while i have this info on my clipboard u can run through this to make sure your machine is up to par

http://segmentnext.com/2012/05/20/diablo-3-tweaks-guide-tweak-your-config-for-graphics-and-performance/

Heres how I would diagnose.

Check for bad caps or burns on MB
Hardware tool test power supply
Run memtest
Run HDScan
Update MB bios
Format reinstall windows with a retail image- no torrent garbage
Redownload latest drivers for MB/Video/Sound from MANUFACTURER websites
reinstall d3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]