Diablo® III

How to quickly get legendary items everytime

(Locked)

Add the legacy (orange) drop marker to the mini and full map via options. You'll be surprised how many legacy items you have missed on the ground in the past. This happens because

1) fast pace moving through area (especially in groups) the orange drop can easily fall off the visible screen
2) the dim orange text on ground can be missed
3) the always on item label in ground sometimes turns off on its own (I think this is a bug)
3) its a easy and quick way to view the cleared full and mini map for missed orange loot on the ground and go back and grab the ones you missed after dungeon is cleared
4) for barbs, this is super helpful, since the barb fights on skates, he is in the next room before you know it, just with whirlwind :P

ok, so this option to turn on a marker on the map for legacy loot doesn't exist, but wouldn't it be cool if it did???
In case anyone missed this ;p
anyone there?
I've not had a problem missing items.
That is awesome, I've always worried I was missing drops. You're awesome, +1 internet to you
i get at least 1 legendary a day...lmao
Good tip!
Hit Alt and look carefully (Space bar for people who don't want carpal tunnel)

I actually missed the one Legendary item I do have. I found it when I came back through the area. It was on an orangish hell level in Act 4 and the lighting made it appear like a white.
Edited by taurran#1302 on 5/29/2012 11:17 AM PDT
I never miss anything. I always run back to check to see if anything dropped from a vase or whatever that someone in my party just broke.

I even run back to pick up 50 gold.
Will turn the marker on but..

I dont think ive seen 1 barb use WW in inferno
Wait you can add those little ping markets to the ground for drops? Like the little yellow circles for quest objectives?

Possible with blue/rares?
no , we are all dead .
I think my brain twitched reading this.

So to quickly get legendary items, I need to slow down...

This isn't exactly a tip.
Lols...
05/29/2012 11:17 AMPosted by Angrytoilet
I got myself a special keyboard with a loot key on it. You can get them at any computer store. Look for ones with the key "Alt" on it. Thats the special Blizzard loot finder key.

There's actually an option to save you from even having to ever hit Alt even - I'm just that lazy that I use that.
Add the legacy (orange) drop marker to the mini and full map via options. You'll be surprised how many legacy items you have missed on the ground in the past. This happens because

1) fast pace moving through area (especially in groups) the orange drop can easily fall off the visible screen
2) the dim orange text on ground can be missed
3) the always on item label in ground sometimes turns off on its own (I think this is a bug)
3) its a easy and quick way to view the cleared full and mini map for missed orange loot on the ground and go back and grab the ones you missed after dungeon is cleared
4) for barbs, this is super helpful, since the barb fights on skates, he is in the next room before you know it, just with whirlwind :P

ok, so this option to turn on a marker on the map for legacy loot doesn't exist, but wouldn't it be cool if it did???

Might want to count again.. Also when you hit ALT ont he keyboard it enables / disables loot to show up on the ground. so everytime you ALT TAB to look at something els it turns it off / on just a heads up to replace that bind.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]