Diablo® III

diablo 3 starter edition bug

(Locked)

I have the same problem. I bought the game, the money was removed from my account. Today, when I return home from work I am back on starter edition and my bank account had the 59.99 refunded. No e-mail, no reason, nothing. So, check your bank accounts. I really don't understand this.
ha, my ticket was answered and it has something to do with credit cards addresses and names, etc. So, I guess is an anti fraud sistem, still, I've send all the information, Id card, etc. so they see its my card, I'm really annyed by blizzard now.
I am having the same problem, i says that i have the starter edition but i purchased it a couple of days ago online, and now i can no longer access my monk i have the receipt and what not but it still will not work and i cannot play some one help me!!
Yup. Same problem. It sucks. Blizz plz fix
So judging by any other online transactions you would actually have to buy the product to use it to its full potential obviously. With the starter edition you have a level 13 cap put on any character you're using. I bought the game played until level 27 and now they're telling me that the I didn't buy the game even though I was playing the game to its full potential. Does his make sense?
Quick question...is this problem happening to people that are not in the states or people in the US as well.
My theory is if you purchase it through PayPal or with a credit card AND you are currently playing it outside of the states. Their system will reject the transaction due to some sort of fraud prevention.

Just a theory...
Yep, just got this on my account as well. I got a refund of my digital edition, and, despite the fact that I have the collector's edition, my account got reverted to "starter edition" and I can no longer play on my higher level characters now. It also tells me in-game that I have to upgrade.

W
T
F
@Nathogic Considering my prepaid credit card is issued in US currency, I really have no choice but to list it in US dollars or the purchase will be rejected outright.
05/23/2012 12:15 AMPosted by Warhog
@Nathogic Considering my prepaid credit card is issued in US currency, I really have no choice but to list it in US dollars or the purchase will be rejected outright.

As for my case... i use PayPal account and im currently travelling outside of the US and obviously not being able to play with a US ip address, and i think thats y Blizzard screw me over.

Im just wondering if everyone else with this issue are also NOT in US as well.
I've got my game back now... after 4days of waiting and writing to 3different Supporters in my ticket. I've got the CE and my Acc-Status got changed to Starter after i got a refund for the Digital Edition i had. There was never a problem with the payment as some of the other users reported.
It looks like they're trying to find out what the Problem is and fix all the accounts at once, but that they don't want to (or some of the Supporters simply aren't able to) change the status on every single account one by one. So in my last message i pointed out, that there has to be a way to change the status even if they don't know what caused the problem.

This is ofc just a suspicion that i have, i can't be really sure how they're working, especially if they don't tell us more details. I hope this can help some of you and good luck to all with this problem.

@Nathogic: I'm from EU and playing on the EU-Servers.
I've got my game back now... after 4days of waiting and writing to 3different Supporters in my ticket. I've got the CE and my Acc-Status got changed to Starter after i got a refund for the Digital Edition i had. There was never a problem with the payment as some of the other users reported.
It looks like they're trying to find out what the Problem is and fix all the accounts at once, but that they don't want to (or some of the Supporters simply aren't able to) change the status on every single account one by one. So in my last message i pointed out, that there has to be a way to change the status even if they don't know what caused the problem.

This is ofc just a suspicion that i have, i can't be really sure how they're working, especially if they don't tell us more details. I hope this can help some of you and good luck to all with this problem.

@Nathogic: I'm from EU and playing on the EU-Servers.

I'm glad someone on here got the situation resolve. I just hope they get this fix for all of us.
@milovmil: Thanks for the reply :)
I'm having the same issue (letter below from Blizzard). I live in Asia and signed up to play on the US server. I purchased the game online yesterday, downloaded it and played it for a couple of hours. Today, 24 hours later, I can't log in and I get this email:

Greetings,

This notice is being sent to inform you that we were unable to successfully complete your recent purchase on the Blizzard Store. The charge for that item on your order was not finalized.

Since we could not fully authorize this item’s purchase, it has now been deactivated. If it was applied to a play account, it will no longer appear, and the account will be left in the state it was in previously.

For any questions about Blizzard orders or your Blizzard Account, please find the contact information for our Blizzard Billing and Account Services department at http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contact

We thank you for your patronage and your patience in this matter.

Regards,

Customer Service
Blizzard Entertainment
http://us.battle.net/en/
any new so far
Purchased with paypal (again) reverted to starter edition (again) ANY response? Please?
like seriously we need an answer if the money have been return or something sso that we could purchase again somehow cause it so retarded blizzard staff pls answer
After four days(2 tickets) it seems I was finally refunded for my intitial purchase, the customer service people seemed helpfull and it seems as if I should be able to buy the game without problems now(there was a flaw in my billing profile that is hopefully fixed >.< so i suggest you all double check yours before making another order). I hope this was helpfull and could save some of you a day or two.
After four days(2 tickets) it seems I was finally refunded for my intitial purchase, the customer service people seemed helpfull and it seems as if I should be able to buy the game without problems now(there was a flaw in my billing profile that is hopefully fixed >.< so i suggest you all double check yours before making another order). I hope this was helpfull and could save some of you a day or two.

ok im testing this now making sure information on profile is the EXACTLY the same as card profile. Lets see if this can survive.
I tried it. It still revert to starter edition after a couple of hours
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]