Diablo® III

Conversation Achievements Help!!!

I was wondering if anybody has found an in-depth guide to the conversations from key characters (i.e. Cain, Leah) for completion of the conversation achievements.

For example:
I've gotten 6 out of 7 key conversations from Leah in Act 1. However, it looks like I missed one called "Tristam" from early on in Act 1. I read somewhere that you can just restart/redo the quest where the conversation becomes available in order to check it off as complete. When looking at the places where I can restart the quests I've already completed, which one is the right quest where "Tristam" becomes available? Is it Fallen Star (begin quest) or Fallen Star (Rumford at the Gate)? Or is it Legacy of Cain (begin quest) or Legacy of Cain (explore cellar)?

Is there a guide to all the "timings" of the key conversations?
I hope I explained my question clearly enough.
Reply Quote
I'm missing this one as well as well as the first blacksmith conversation "Th Weary Blacksmith" if anyone knows how to get these it'd be much appreciated.
Reply Quote
I lost most of my achievements from day 1. I started again on my main character who was half way through act one when this happened. I cannot get The weary blacksmith conversation on new or existing characters. This may be because of having blacksmithing advanced to level 2 when I lost my achievements. Can this started conversation be restarted by any means?
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Jarcon
I lost most of my achievements from day 1. I started again on my main character who was half way through act one when this happened. I cannot get The weary blacksmith conversation on new or existing characters. This may be because of having blacksmithing advanced to level 2 when I lost my achievements. Can this started conversation be restarted by any means?

I'm in exact same situation. Only suggestion I can make is to start a new HC character (provided you've only played SC so far). The HC Blacksmith is developed independently from the SC one and thus shouldn't have progressed to lvl 2, providing you with the opportunity to go through that spot of conversation once more.

However, I'm reluctant to this as who knows how many more times Blizzard is going to lose some of our achievements, until the gameplay becomes stable and whether they are going to reinstate them or not...
Reply Quote
I've tried, doing a HC character for the blacksmith achievement, doesn't seem to work...
Reply Quote
I FOUND IT... Dam this was bothering me big time...

Its immediatly after you rescue cain, wait until the Mayor's cart is moved out of the way then go see him but it MUST BE BEFORE Cain gives you the quest to go and talk to him.
Edited by cleaner667#1331 on 5/17/2012 12:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I FOUND IT... Dam this was bothering me big time...

Its immediatly after you rescue cain, wait until the Mayor's cart is moved out of the way then go see him but it MUST BE BEFORE Cain gives you the quest to go and talk to him.

Are you talking about "The Weary Blacksmith"? I just tried this, saved Cain in the Cathedral? Not sure what "Mayor's cart" you are talking about?

Then I helped the Blacksmith in the cellar, but still can't find this conversation.

Thanks for any further help.
Reply Quote
After every Quest, go back to Town, and talk with all the Main Characters. I already got Cain's Achievement before leaving Tristram
Reply Quote
Are you talking about "The Weary Blacksmith"? I just tried this, saved Cain in the Cathedral? Not sure what "Mayor's cart" you are talking about?

Then I helped the Blacksmith in the cellar, but still can't find this conversation.

Yes, the weary blacksmith.

1. Save Cain
2. Got to town.
(If you try to walk to the left where you first meet the blacksmit your way is blocked by the cowardly mayor and his travelling carraige)

3. Talk to cain, he thanks you for saving him

4. Now the mayor has moved, go talk to the blacksmith.

(DO NOT talk to cain again for a 2nd time otherwise he gives you the quest to go and see the blacksmith, if you do this you blow it)
Edited by cleaner667#1331 on 5/17/2012 1:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 01:00 AMPosted by TwoStepMagic
After every Quest, go back to Town, and talk with all the Main Characters. I already got Cain's Achievement before leaving Tristram

Pretty much this, some conversation options like this one we're discussing are very elusive
Reply Quote
So, anyone know about "Leah's Childhood" and "The Archives"? They're the only two I have left and while I've checked quite all the quest select screen points loosely, I haven't exactly been checking every time something happens.
Reply Quote
adding to that, anyone know when leah's journal part 5 (could be 6?) spawns, i know its somewhere around the time you go across the ferry.
Reply Quote

1. Save Cain
2. Got to town.
(If you try to walk to the left where you first meet the blacksmit your way is blocked by the cowardly mayor and his travelling carraige)

(DO NOT talk to cain again for a 2nd time otherwise he gives you the quest to go and see the blacksmith, if you do this you blow it)

the blacksmith is not at his station after trying this. hes waiting at the top of town. when i talk to him he just runs for the cellar that his wife is in.

edit: nevermind, you talk to the blacksmith when hes by the lamp post but before talking to cain to start the quest.
Edited by Drakken#1781 on 5/17/2012 8:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

1. Save Cain
2. Got to town.

Ok, I got it.

3. This is actually Talk to Leah, she is the one that completes the quest. Cain thanks you during this conversation. Cart moves, and Cain has a new quest.

What I missed when I tried earlier, was as soon as you start the quest, you need to talk to the Blacksmith (before he moves) and complete "Cain's Appearance", if you miss that one, you can't get the next one which is "The Weary Blacksmith".

Thanks again!
Reply Quote
Leah's part 5 spawned in her room for me (upstairs in Tirstram's inn)
Reply Quote
I just completed all the conversation achievements (boy, it took a lot of time). I can't recall about the child hood one but "the archives" becomes available once you enter The Archives instance of that spectral mage in Act II.
Reply Quote
I just found Leah's childhood conversation. It appears on the quest The Broken Blade; during the time you are looking for the two beacons.
Leah will be following you around, and after obtaining the first beacon (I took the crypt of ancients first, if that matters) the dialogue will be available if you right click on Leah in the upper left hand corner of the screen and select 'Talk'.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I am looking for "About The Temple" conversation with Leah Act I
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 12:19 PMPosted by Aldorain
I am looking for "About The Temple" conversation with Leah Act I

After placing the two orbs on their pedestals in the quest The Broken Blade and gain access to the temple that Alaric (I believe that was him anyway) was standing outside of, Leah will comment about the age of the architecture when you are inside. When she is done speaking, right click her portrait in the upper left hand corner of the screen, and select 'Talk'.
Reply Quote
for the weary blacksmith.. for the people who didnt understand yet.

when ur at ur character list, u can "change quest" choose chapter 3 of act 1 "a shattered crown" begin quest. then walk to the blacksmith. and u will finish it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]