Diablo® III

We want compensation

100 Troll Hunter
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. BLIZZARD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE GAME CLIENT OR THE SERVICE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.

That bit right there is a bit worrying.

But yes, I have been set for GW2 for a long time now, I bought this in the hopes of passing the time a bit more easy.
Lol, dat hindsight.
Very excited for gw2 launch, as I know THAT will be nowhere near as problematic as this was.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
its a legal safe way of saying. Yea we're pushing this product out asap buggy as hell and deal with it you'll give us your money anyway
Reply Quote
so many bugs, error, server down..................... i want my money back!
Reply Quote
to hell with eventually i spent the money for this game and now i cant even play thats complete crap there should be compensation on all active accounts for this its the opening day after 10 years.....nuff said
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Sniffynose
They win this time friend, see with WoW if they pissed people off they could cancel subscriptions, in Diablo 3, we all got to pay up front for the mess, so we get to eat whatever they serve to us now.
ok this confuses me, How does my D3 account stay active? Will it plonk out in a month? a year? a week? or can i just keep playing forever without having to pay anything extra unless they do an expansion or something?
Reply Quote
05/15/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Deathtasm
wah wah give me moar give me moar i cry because the game wont work right away......live with it

I don't understand this kind of reaction. While the OP is being silly demanding compensation, the underlying point is valid. Diablo and Diablo 2 were both primarily single player experiences, and it's reasonable to expect that Diablo 3 would have an offline mode for single player experience as well. There's valid reason for Battle.Net logins for multiplayer - combating hacks and cheats and whatnot - but there's no valid reason at all for not allowing offline single player access. Hell, StarCraft 2 has offline mode - why should it be any different for D3?
Reply Quote

Fun eh, the corporate world only cares about shareholders and profits. Sad that the good companies get absorbed by the bad ones....

Yeah, 'cause companies sure can work well without profits! It's worked out pretty well for GM and Chrysler hasn't it? Be realistic with what you're expecting for $60 considering the amount of man-hours that went into developing this game and the operational costs of the hundreds or thousands of servers needed to support this. To be perfectly honest it's gone better than I expected. I actually got to play for about half a day on my day-off from work.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
so many wow players complaining

it's so funny

can't you guys realize that everything will be resolved eventually? some people are so irrational

even though i pplay WoW ikr its like theres been several games SP and MMO that have never had a problem that made it unplayable at launch oh wait........
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Well, seeing the stuff from the MoP Beta and the release of this game here. Seems clear that Blizzard is going downhill on some aspects.
HOWEVER, from the bit of time I DID get to play D3 (about 1-2 hours) it does seem to be very well put together and worth waiting a little while longer for. I mean seriously? It's been over 10 years, why is everyone !@#$%ing about another day or two? The level of maturity of most of these posts is just hilarious.
Reply Quote
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. BLIZZARD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE GAME CLIENT OR THE SERVICE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.

Not that I'm agreeing with all the rage, but I love it when people post things like this. Do you actually think, that given a large enough issue, this would hold up in court? I'm not saying that because we couldn't play on launch day or the day after that a case could be made, but I mean in general. If they actually decided to never start the servers up because they didn't want to, that the Terms of Use would cover them because it says it right there that they don't guarantee us access?

Lets look past the access or use of the game portion and look at the very end of your quote: OR THAT THE GAME CLIENT OR THE SERVICE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Do you also believe that if D3 client ended up infecting everyone's computer with a virus that completely wiped a system, and bypassed antivirus measures, that they couldn't be held liable because they said so in their Terms of Use?

As with most everything in the US, the law will only support these types of agreements to a certain extent. Not that I think anyone would have a case right now because it is just asinine to think so, but given a large enough scale, the court would toss that Term of Use right out the window.
Reply Quote

Fun eh, the corporate world only cares about shareholders and profits. Sad that the good companies get absorbed by the bad ones....

Yeah, 'cause companies sure can work well without profits! It's worked out pretty well for GM and Chrysler hasn't it? Be realistic with what you're expecting for $60 considering the amount of man-hours that went into developing this game and the operational costs of the hundreds or thousands of servers needed to support this. To be perfectly honest it's gone better than I expected. I actually got to play for about half a day on my day-off from work.

As of April, they have Net Total Assets of US$ 13Bn (that's net, not "before expenses" or "not counting debt" (they have none) but Net). The game was in development for 10 years. How can anyone give them a pass for a) requiring online connection to play single player and b) failing to provide the infrastructure to support (a)?
Reply Quote
I have an idea lets all get free stuff and show how much of idiots we are. They should improve on their problems by a lot. But it's no reason at all to get compensation.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
05/15/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Messnomore
Since you decided we cannot play single player offline like a normal game and you cannot manage to have a server to support us playing we should all get a compensation for the down time

Your !@#$%ing about getting money back for a free to play game (yes I know you have to but it but after that your not paying to play it) coz you can't get into it. For all the dumb people out there I can tell you YOUR NOT GOING TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK WHEN YOUR NOT PAYING TO PLAY THE GAME ONLINE.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Compensation for what? Your product isn't half written. It isn't a game that wasn't advertised. For all intents and purposes, you got what you paid for. The files on the CD with a working product. You really expect to get compensated for something you didn't pay for? Chill the !@#$ out, %^-*, wait while some people fix the game so you nerds can go back to playing. If you guys think you can do better than blizzard, make your own game, otherwise I don't see you having any ground to stand on.
Edited by Drdra3#1309 on 5/15/2012 10:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
I would like pie.
Reply Quote
Two Step Fix:

1. Release a single-player only patch module to allow offline play.
2. Get the idea that you are going to be able to milk every game release for recurring revenue like an MMO and forcing everyone to be 'online' in the off chance they will let you micro-transaction them to death.

~Tal
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]