Diablo® III

We want compensation

Compensation? LOL. This game is gonna be fine... Stronghold 3 from Firefly Studios was way worse than this on launch day, You couldnt get through 10 minutes of game time with out the game crashing, or causing your computer to BSOD. People seem to forget about the Beta too. Blizzard does a really good job, and people need to stop complaining so much.
Reply Quote
It sucks that there have been so many issues today with the servers. I've gotten to play quite a bit today and I'm thankful I didn't have the installation and account issues it seems some people have had. Considering how many people are trying to play today I think they've been doing a great job ironing out bugs and letting us know what's going on.

As for compensation for the down time I'd say it's not realistic. It was clearly stated you need an internet connection to play. Anything online is subject to outages and connection issues, that's a fact of life.

The problem with offering offline single player and LAN is eventually people will want to play those characters online and when they find out they can't we'd have a massive influx of complaints about that too. I'm not alone in preferring hackers and dupers be excluded from the game experience.

In any case thanks Blizzard for making an awesome game, hopefully you get the server stuff in order so we can play the game and quit coming to the forum for awesome troll entertainment.
Reply Quote
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/termsofuse.html
13. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS FOR YOUR USE, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. BLIZZARD DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE AT THE TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING; THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; OR THAT THE GAME CLIENT OR THE SERVICE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.

Yeah... Check and mate there, OP.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Cleavesaurus spend hour trying login again. Cleavesaurus VERY ANGRY. Remember same problem with Panada beta. Killed many gnome with frustration. Good time for all. Now problem with Diablo? Error 37 defeated but now face Error 3003. What funny name. Cleavesaurus go smash many gnome to practice for smashing barrel.
Reply Quote
i'd like a nice mousepad ooo or a nice d3 poster
Reply Quote
Is this not unacceptable day after launch for a company as large as Blizzard? Does every player have to promise $15/mo. to get proper technical support for a game from this company? Starting to wonder if it's even worth it.... Why not use your beta time more efficiently in assessing issues like this, or even making an effort to release sufficient beta invitations to test issues like these. If I recall during OPEN BETA weekend, the server was also unstable more often than not for the entirety of the weekend; shouldn't this have been a hint it was unprepared for the hit of launch? Things to think about for future releases I guess....
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Hunter
05/15/2012 10:45 PMPosted by Faxanadu
Compensation? LOL. This game is gonna be fine... Stronghold 3 from Firefly Studios was way worse than this on launch day, You couldnt get through 10 minutes of game time with out the game crashing, or causing your computer to BSOD. People seem to forget about the Beta too. Blizzard does a really good job, and people need to stop complaining so much.

Nah it's not just the terrible Launch Day, it's also just how the Dev's handled the Midnight Launch Event in Irvine and everything. I was severely disappointed with how the whole signing was handled :-/. Everything leading up to it ran without a hitch and was silky smooth. Soon as the clock struck midnight everything started collapsing... Starting at the counter for who could start getting in line to pick up their Game and get it signed by Dev's... Lawl.... 0001 - 0220..... *sigh*

There's no compensation they can give anyone to make up for this, we just need to consider the release day May 16th....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
05/15/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Oxymoron
Do you actually think, that given a large enough issue, this would hold up in court?

Yes. That's the point of you agreeing to the ToU and EULA. Do you think it's in there just because every game developer loves legal jargon?
Edited by Sildas#1733 on 5/15/2012 10:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
For all those complaining about the game and compensation do what I did with sc 2, buy the game at walmart, carefully remove all the stickers with steam so that glue on stickers realease with out it damaging the box. Install game, repackage game and return to walmart who doesnt ask questions on returns. AWWWWW crap, people like me are the reason this is all online instead of me being able to do the same thing with sc 2. I guess I will get my check book out to compensate all you complainers.

Mayor Mc Cheese will be my first check. I need spray cheese to write it first. HMMMM Looks like im off to walmart anyways.
Reply Quote
Since you decided we cannot play single player offline like a normal game and you cannot manage to have a server to support us playing we should all get a compensation for the down time

Your !@#$%ing about getting money back for a free to play game (yes I know you have to but it but after that your not paying to play it) coz you can't get into it. For all the dumb people out there I can tell you YOUR NOT GOING TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK WHEN YOUR NOT PAYING TO PLAY THE GAME ONLINE.

Well of course not. That's obvious. But what is the solution? For an MMO, there's a lever that the subscriber base can use to make their dissatisfaction heard (unsubscribing), and there's an easy way for Bliz to apologize (credited playtime). However, this is a single player game with no offline mode - we've paid for the game, and we can't play it because of Blizzard's failure. How do we communicate our dissatisfaction? How do they "make it up" to us? I don't claim to know the answer (though I do know that demanding "compensation" is pointless rage) - but I do think that it needs to be said often and loudly that D3 needs to have an offline mode just like SC2 has an offline mode.

Edit: Ceterum censeo Diablo esse amet hic domum
Edited by kisharrr#1752 on 5/15/2012 10:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
They should credit us with money. This is how they should do it.

Find out the total amount of time (in hours) the servers are offline from the time the game is released to the time the expansion comes out. Let's call this value X. Then, they should divide that by the total amount of time (in hours) from the release of D3 to the expansion. Let's call that Y.

We should all receive: X/Y * Cost of Diablo 3 toward the expansion. I expect we'll get 1 or 2 pennies.

Or maybe the community should stop crying about not being able to play a game for a few hours on the first day when it will be online for years to come.
Reply Quote
OP will surely deliver!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Too bad Blizzard got bought up by the french gaming company and now EA games has their hands on them. BTW for us WOW players who got this game as part of our agreement to continue paying for our subscriptions for 1 year, Blizzard could be considered in breach of contract for failing to provide the service (access to the game) as promised and all of us who got the game that way could cancel our wow accounts and with over 4 million accounts who signed up for that, could be quite a loss for Blizzard. I am only trying this game because my 3 children all grew up with Diablo and Diablo 2 and liked it so much and so we decided to give Diablo III a chance. Not doing a good job of convincing me to stay with any of the games. I think this is worse than the Burning Crusade, LichKing and Cataclysm launch fiascos combined.
Reply Quote
Do you actually think, that given a large enough issue, this would hold up in court?

Yes. That's the point of you agreeing to the ToU and EULA. Do you think it's in there just because every game developer loves legal jargon?

Actually, I doubt it would hold up in court. Most of these kinds of things wouldn't. Companies love legal jargon because it scares away would-be plaintiffs, not because it's enforceable. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_of_adhesion#Contracts_of_adhesion

Basically, if the contract term is not what a reasonable consumer would expect, it's not enforceable. The term about downtime is exceptionally one-sided; a reasonable consumer would not expect that the game they bought is not guaranteed to be playable.
Edited by Dantastic#1957 on 5/15/2012 11:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just want to play my god-forsaken game.
I don't care about compensation or anything.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]