Diablo® III

Collectors Ed. D2 soulstone install issue..

Well, since I can't play the game I paid $100 for, I thought I would check out the included bonus on the soulstone USB... I go to install D2 and the installed only has an option for "uninstall." This is curious as I don't have D2 installed on my computer... both the D2 and LOD installers say this, and when I click the uninstall button the music restarts but nothing happens...

Geeze they can't even get the 12 year old game working on this release? Anyone have a fix other than downloading the digital version?
Reply Quote
bump

Still can't install diablo II or LOD from the soulstone USB...
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
MikeLiberty,

Has the computer you're using ever had Diablo II installed on it? It sounds like there's a registry entry present still pointing to an installation folder for it.

I don't recall, but if it did it was a long time ago. Whats the fix?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
MikeLiberty,

Find the registry entry and delete it.

If you ever had it installed, it ought to be in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Diablo II

Delete that key if it exists and retry the flash drive installer.

Search the registry for "Diablo II" if it does the same thing as there may be more entries but I think that one should be enough.
I guess I did have it installed at some point. Thanks for the help, I'm up and running!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]