Diablo® III

Social, Gameplay and Key Bindings not saving

As the title suggests, every time I log out or quit the game, the settings I've configured in these three areas in the Options section do not save when I restart the game.

I've tried a combination of things here:

-Configure all settings and click ACCEPT
-Configure all settings and click APPLY then ACCEPT
-Configure a just one of the areas and click ACCEPT, APPLY/ACCEPT
-Reset all the games OPTIONS to DEFAULTS and attempt to reconfigure

I'd appreciate any feedback for a workaround. For the time being, I will continue to become more intimate with the check boxes and key binds. Thank you!
Reply Quote
Same problem here.

The very first few settings changes I made, when I first installed the game.. are like the default settings now. Any changes I make beyond that, are not remembered, after I quit and relaunch the game.

I tried running the launcher(Diablo III Launcher.exe) as Admin, no change. Also tried running the main exe(Diablo III.exe) as Admin, but that gives me an error.

So, as of now, I need to reassign almost all my settings every time I launch the game.

Windows 7, 64bit.
Reply Quote
Also.. if I could figure out what file those savings are supposed to get saved to, I could try deleting it.. and let D3 remake it.. to see if changing it, from an absolute default, might stick.

Just can't find the right file.
Reply Quote
I just went through the options and noticed something peculiar.

If I set any of my options at the same time as my key binds, the options reset after I restart the game (exit and relaunch).

Furthermore, if I set my options then configure my key binds through "Master Volume Up," the configurations save. But if I configure any key binds including "Master Volume Up" and below, the key binds reset after I relaunch the game.

At this time, at least I don't have to reset all my options... just the key bindings under and including "Master Volume Up." Thank you!
Reply Quote
Good catch Brute!

I can confirm that this is the case with my setup as well. I can tweak everything, up to "Master Volume Up".. and have the settings 'stick', after I quit and relaunch the game.

It's nice to have at least 1/2 of my bindings setup when I start the game. :D

I hope knowing this will help Blizzard to pinpoint the bug.
Reply Quote
Run As Administrator.

That is all.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I'm running as admin and still have this problem. Futhermore I sent a ticket to blizzard and the guy thought I wasn't pressing APPLY or ACCEPT... I guess D3 players are dumb.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Did you guys installed in a diferent directory from the default?
Reply Quote
I did install to the default directory.

However, per LilDipper's suggestion I did run the executable (Diablo III.exe) as Administrator and attempted to bind the keys that wouldn't stick. Well... only "Master Volume Up" and "Master Volume Down" stuck, and the others reset.

Mind you, I am performing the following procedure with each test:

-Run .exe as admin and login
-Configure key bindings at Hero selection screen (same thing happens when in-game, too)
-Apply and Accept changes
-Exit game
-Run as admin and login once again
-Check key bindings

At least I got two more keys to work. It is frustrating to have to keep rebinding the keys from "Toggle Music" - "Take Objective," but as Progtronic stated:

It's nice to have at least 1/2 of my bindings setup when I start the game. :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I still have this problem... I guess the blues are too busy replying those who beg for attention...
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
No one knows a solution? =)
Reply Quote
I'm having this exact problem too, and am also waiting for a solution.
Reply Quote
Same here - german client, won't save settings.
It's really annoying ...

Many users with this problem run Win7 64bit, maybe this is the problem?
Edited by Skaeldrig#2450 on 5/18/2012 5:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've not made any further progress in resolving this issue. Perhaps it is Win7 x64, as that is what I have currently installed. At the moment, I'm at a loss. I do have a Naga Epic and Nostromo connected. Once I take a break, I'll see if the software for these are affecting the key bindings options.
Reply Quote
Not for me...key bindings are working correctly... =/
Reply Quote
*push* blue answer would be awesome...
Reply Quote
So, i guess i've got an solution for this problem.
Try to change serversettings, in your case from US to EU, create a new char, play a little bit, change the settings and logout. PERHAPS this will work. For me it does.

Ive changed from EU servers to US, played a little bit and than it works.
Reply Quote
Same problem here and perhaps some input that might help.
For me the folder c:\User\<user>\documents does not even exist, since I mapped a folder on a different partition for documents.

It seems Diablo 3 is not able to work with that, it won't create any setting folders, even when I create the documetns folder now afterwards.

Perhaps you (Blizzard devs) should think about using the folder actually designed for saving settings:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData, then you would not run into errors on valid configured systems ....
Edited by Hayate#2760 on 5/21/2012 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Same problem here. What an annoying thing to have to put up with every single time I turn on the game. Blues, where are you?
Reply Quote
Deleted by User
Edited by Revoked#1867 on 5/22/2012 6:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]