Diablo® III

Diablo crashing during gameplay

90 Goblin Mage
I am having issues with the game freezing during gameplay. The issue typically occurs after about 10-15 minutes of playing and it freezes the screen and doesn't allow me to do anything. I cannot access task manager or force close at all. I have to hard reboot my computer every time. It's not a driver issue as mine are all up to date and Diablo is the only game that is having this issue. Any advice?
Reply Quote
im having the exact same problem. Game crashes every 10 min or so and computer reboots. very painful
Reply Quote
same
\
do u guys have nvidia cards?
Edited by heyr8kb#1349 on 5/16/2012 1:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
MVP
i got the same problem, and on my end, i got a gts250 nvidia card
I've had the problem before, the game was freezing every 20mins or so, then alt-tab, when it was done freezing i was able to see the drivers were crashing.
I tryed to upgrade my drivers (wich were already updated) to the beta ones. Created more problems. so i uninstalled the beta ones. Reinstalled the most updated ones, since then, my screen becomes black every 20 mins or so and after 2-3 mins, the computer reboots itself.
Edited by Maglore#1862 on 5/16/2012 2:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same problem, but i start freezing at the login screen, and most of the time it'll reboot before i even login, goes to a bsod and then just restarts.

all i could read from the blue screen was ataport.sys

I also have a gts250.

any one found a solution?
Reply Quote
I have run several tests and have confirmed it to be a GPU overheat issue. The fact that we can't do anything after the crash further confirms this. I was able to run the beta just fine and never had any problems. Blizzard must have changed something with the optimization settings or something before launch that causes our GPUs to overheat, because it sure as hell wasn't doing it before.
Reply Quote
If any of you want to run your own tests google nVidia performence tools and use the system monitor tool while playing the game to check your temperature levels. Anything over 100 is dangerous, if the the temperature remains consistently over 105 degrees expect a crash as that is the general heat limit the GPU can take before going offline (causing the black screen).
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Same issue. At first I had some stuttering with the communicate from windows about the opengl driver loosing connection with the display. Then it started to just freeze completely after 2mins of playing requiring hard reset.
Config:
Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1
System Model: EP45-UD3P
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
nvidia drivers: 296.10
I have tried to play on the same hardware but under winxp 32bit - it freezes too.
Reply Quote
Yeah i have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 250 and have the updated drivers 296.10 and it still freezes....... looks like its the same issue for everyone with the NVIDIA cards
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
yeah mine also. im using NVIDIA Gforece gtx460m suppose to be diablo 3 supported, my driver is up to date and still crashing. Any solutions?
Reply Quote
I was having the same issue. All drivers updated but game would crash 5-10 min into it and would require hard reboot everytime. I dropped the fps to 70 and lowered the resolution. Since doing that i played for 3 hrs straight without a crash.
Reply Quote
Same problem. except my computer is AMD Radeon 6xxxM model. IMAC 27inch. This game is making me upset right now...
Reply Quote
I also have the same problem. Since I update the loader its freeze on my pc about 5-10 min later I start the game.

my Specs:

Q6600 - 4GB ram - HD 4970 - Zalman 600w

And Iam playing alone =/
Edited by Martinelli#1419 on 5/25/2012 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
do you guys use windows 7 64 (prof) by any chance?
Reply Quote
Same here, this is getting ridiculous.
Q6700, Geforce GTX 560 Ti.
Windows 7 Ultimate.

Only in my case, the computer itself crashes (shuts down) and powers back on again.

What gives? the game is totally unplayable for me at this point.

I ruled out:
Overheating (52C)
Virus (scan + format)
Reinstall
Windowed mode
Lowering graphics
Latest drivers
Older drivers
Edited by Genesis#2120 on 5/26/2012 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Same here, this is getting ridiculous.
Q6700, Geforce GTX 560 Ti.
Windows 7 Ultimate.

Only in my case, the computer itself crashes (shuts down) and powers back on again.

What gives? the game is totally unplayable for me at this point.

I ruled out:
Overheating (52C)
Virus (scan + format)
Reinstall
Windowed mode
Lowering graphics
Latest drivers
Older drivers

did the problems start on last tuesday the 22nd?
Reply Quote
I got NVIDA 8500 GT...fully updated. My game crashes in about 20 seconds. It is driving me nuts....
Reply Quote
For me they did
Reply Quote
So after my desktop pc being @*%*d by this piece of rubbish a friend of mine gave me his laptop so I'll be able to play at all.
AND GUESS WHAT? IT'S ALSO REBOOTING. Blizzard, what are you actually doing besides counting money and importing items?

It's been 10 days since the first problems were reported, yet no help from Blizzard so far. What kind of clown company is this, this was the last BLizzard I ever bought.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]