Diablo® III

Barbarian 10th skill Health globe generations

Anyone know if they're only have a chance generate from a kill or could it have chance to generate from each hit.

Playing a barbarian. at lvl 10th you get a choice of passive skill to increase health globe or increase crit and damage.

It seems like it would be an obvious choice, but my concern would be a tough one on one fight like with boss.

If health globe can generate during the fight and not just from a kill, then definitely have to get that skill. But if not, then you're sol and going to have to go with damage output.

What you guys think?
Reply Quote
Some bosses have adds, where health globes are dropped by killing them. You do not get any gloves for bosses with no adds.
Anyhow, if I were you id pick this one over the crit damage, simply because you are playing on hardcore.
Reply Quote
Actually, some globes will drop off bosses without any helper mobs. An example would be the last boss in Act 1 - I believe they are dropped after he moves below a certain % of health.

Correct me here if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember seeing them.

EDIT:

And in addition - you can always swap out the passive prior to a boss fight (if you know they are coming).
Edited by Ion#1629 on 5/16/2012 6:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Actually, some globes will drop off bosses without any helper mobs. An example would be the last boss in Act 1 - I believe they are dropped after he moves below a certain % of health.

Correct me here if I'm wrong, but I seem to remember seeing them.

EDIT:

And in addition - you can always swap out the passive prior to a boss fight (if you know they are coming).

Nope, act 1 boss has health shrines. They come back automatically though.
Reply Quote
Nope, act 1 boss has health shrines. They come back automatically though.

I'll run over and test that later. I could have sworn I saw them drop globes, and I remember official documents from the development team indicating globes would drop at certain %'s of a bosses life to be used as strategic heals for a team.
Reply Quote
SPOILERS IN THIS REPLY !!! SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Some bosses have adds, where health globes are dropped by killing them. You do not get any gloves for bosses with no adds.

[spoiler]
<Belial drops health globes during phase 2, at intervals of about 20% of his health. Butcher drops health globes too, at similar intervals. Butcher also has two health shrines in his room, but that's attributable to him being the act 1 boss.>
[/spoiler]

Long fights with no adds seem to still be dropping health globes. They're the small ones, but at least it's something. It's just important for you to be near the globe when it gets picked up (read: important for people to pay attention and pick them up at appropriate times not just.... oooh shiny!)

There are some pretty amazing mechanics for barb crit though, it will depend whether or not you're shielded/1h, dual wield or 2h.
Edited by Zakaluka#1451 on 5/16/2012 12:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]