Diablo® III

Circle of Life

70 Dwarf Rogue
I figured I'd give CoL a shot last night while playing and I had honestly forgotten about it when my first random Zombie Dog appeared. I was able to max out to 3 dogs (never reached a fourth) and then realized if I summoned 3 more, yay 7 pets/companions achieve..... Swapped to Zombie Dog ability and all three of my CoL dogs disappeared.

Left the Zombie Dog ability up, summoned my three dogs, and never saw a fourth spawn. When one of the dogs died, CoL would trigger and give me a third.. but I never went over 3. The tooltip says nothing about a 3 dog limit, and I honestly think that's shady dealing to limit the dogs. Makes the ability useless IMO, unless you just want to have three dogs without wasting an ability.

On the positive side, the CoL dogs carried the same buffs the summoned Zombie Dogs did, at least they had infectious bite when spawned.

Anyone have any input, or saw 4+ dogs out at a time? I think it would give people the balance/power for having dogs out, and if 3 is the max, imo the talent is a waste.
Reply Quote
84 Tauren Druid
I figured I'd give CoL a shot last night while playing and I had honestly forgotten about it when my first random Zombie Dog appeared. I was able to max out to 3 dogs (never reached a fourth) and then realized if I summoned 3 more, yay 7 pets/companions achieve..... Swapped to Zombie Dog ability and all three of my CoL dogs disappeared.

Left the Zombie Dog ability up, summoned my three dogs, and never saw a fourth spawn. When one of the dogs died, CoL would trigger and give me a third.. but I never went over 3. The tooltip says nothing about a 3 dog limit, and I honestly think that's shady dealing to limit the dogs. Makes the ability useless IMO, unless you just want to have three dogs without wasting an ability.

On the positive side, the CoL dogs carried the same buffs the summoned Zombie Dogs did, at least they had infectious bite when spawned.

Anyone have any input, or saw 4+ dogs out at a time? I think it would give people the balance/power for having dogs out, and if 3 is the max, imo the talent is a waste.

4 Dogs only with Zombie Handler passive.

It makes sense to limit the dogs, otherwise one could simply farm an earlier area for dogs until you have 100, then rofl-stomp the rest of the game.
Reply Quote
It would be nice if Zombie Dogs and Circle of Life weren't mutually exclusive skills, though. Right now it makes very little sense to use both unless you're going Sacrifice, which seems fairly weak at the moment.

In my opinion, Circle of Life should read:

Whenever an enemy dies within 12 yards, there is a 5% chance that a Zombie Dog will automatically emerge. The range of this effect is increased by items that increase your gold pickup radius. In addition, if Summon Zombie Dogs is equipped, the maximum number of summoned dogs is increased by 1.

This would allow the Summon Zombie Dogs skill to interact positively with Circle of Life, while not buffing the Circle of Life build without Summon Zombie Dogs.

Another option is to remove the cap for dogs summoned with CoL, but make it trigger only on enemies within 5 levels.
Reply Quote
70 Dwarf Rogue
In all honesty, CoL seems a waste if you can't go past 3/4. Sure it helps when you blow the dogs up to now have to wait a minute, but Sacrifice has a long CD itself, so you can more than likely safely respawn dogs and have time to reduce the next CD before you can Sacrifice a second time.

I'll be swapping out of CoL when I log on tonight... assuming the game works. Very disappointed.

On a positive note, I love my Toads. Those things are powerful as hell and coupled with Direbats, I melt face without batting an eye. Don't even need Soul Harvest and have had 0 mana issues.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Ale
I like CoL, it allows me to use something else, like horrify and still keep a few dogs up. that being said i only had about 3.5 hours of play time last night so we'll see how it goes tonight
Reply Quote
In all honesty, CoL seems a waste if you can't go past 3/4. Sure it helps when you blow the dogs up to now have to wait a minute, but Sacrifice has a long CD itself, so you can more than likely safely respawn dogs and have time to reduce the next CD before you can Sacrifice a second time.

I'll be swapping out of CoL when I log on tonight... assuming the game works. Very disappointed.

On a positive note, I love my Toads. Those things are powerful as hell and coupled with Direbats, I melt face without batting an eye. Don't even need Soul Harvest and have had 0 mana issues.

Sacrifice has no CD at all. It's spammable. With the rune (for sacrifice) that gives 35% chance to create another zombie dog on a sacrifice, I've done it 4 times a row.
Reply Quote
How are you guys getting success making CoL tick? It very rarely gives me a dog. Are you using more short range builds intentionally to get in close within the CoL range?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]