Diablo® III

So Caltrops

Didnt think i would use, but the Rune that roots enemies in place for 2 seconds has just been so GREAT, that snare is just nessasary if not using any other stuns/slows. Ill see if i change as i progress, but even giving my brother's barb a "fallback" point where he knows he will have a 2 second window is great!
Reply Quote
I honestly dont see how u can solo without it, maybe in groups obviously not as a "necessity" but man, in solo i like need it, esp for those mobs that go invisible that you cant target till they get close, i snare them, vault then fire away!
Reply Quote
Yeah caltrops is awesome! I love my DH and I don't think I will be playing another character for a while :D
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
Haha yeah caltrops are great

Another thing I've found was the snaring shot and invis gotta love that too
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
05/16/2012 08:58 AMPosted by DarkLink
Didnt think i would use, but the Rune that roots enemies in place for 2 seconds has just been so GREAT, that snare is just nessasary if not using any other stuns/slows. Ill see if i change as i progress, but even giving my brother's barb a "fallback" point where he knows he will have a 2 second window is great!

It's probably going to remain in my build forever. It is just that good.
Reply Quote
I also like Impale with the stun + knockback, it seems to work 90% of the time rather than 65% and is incredably useful vs bosses/elites that are not immune to it.
Reply Quote
On higher difficulties, you'll need smokescreen instead of caltrops, or risk dying from vortex mobs. But on normal it's great.
Reply Quote
Caltrops has saved my hide quite a few times so far. My initial planning did not include it in any of my builds but I've since changed my tune.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Xaramoth
On higher difficulties, you'll need smokescreen instead of caltrops, or risk dying from vortex mobs. But on normal it's great.

Why worry? Use both!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]