Diablo® III

STARTER EDITION WON'T UPGRADE TO STANDARD

Downloaded the client on the night of the 14th and used a guest pass to register.
Apparently there is only 1 client to install the game (no distinction between starter/standard)

On the 15th, logged in to battle.net and entered the standard account. I can clearly see the the copy of Diablo 3 as "Standard Edition".

Launched the game, logged in and can still see the "Upgrade banner" on the top right. Went all the way to the black king, and as soon as I did the last blow, I got a big dialog prompting me to upgrade.

Did download the client again, installed second time, no dice.
Completely removed the game, installed from the hard copy DVD that I bought, still getting the same "upgrade now" banner.

Haven't been able to find a similar post, which makes me wonder if I'm missing something. Did send an email via the "Customer Services" option within the game and awaiting for a reply.
Reply Quote
i have the same problem
Reply Quote
ya same problem here...

Cant active my upgraded standard edition of diablo3 in game

I purchase a copy of digital diablo 3 to upgrade my starter edition.
The starter edition is from the guest pass obtained from my brother retailed edition bought thru malaysia game shop.
1)My Battle net account show that my starter edition already upgrade to standard edition in GAME ACCOUNT, and listed as ACTIVE
2) Order status listed as: Queued
3) Order number did not work in Active a game key.
4) Full game client downloaded DiabloIII-setup-enUS, but my game did not show upgraded from starter to standard edition when i enter the game itself, but
Kindly please assist to solve this issues.

Further, i residence in malaysia, when i check the
Order status - my order status listed as REGION: America, i cant find the order in REGION South East Asia, although i was paying thru SEA region, hence the order is in 90.00SGD
Also when i type in my order number: in active a game key section (for both US.battle.net and sea.battle.net)
the following message appear:-
An error has occurred.
The game key you entered cannot be claimed. Please check the key and try again. Alternatively, you can enter this key for a different region by changing the leading part of the www.battle.net URL (ex. "eu.battle.net") in your web browser, or for a different Battle.net account.

Also, i had tried reinstall the game itself, and using the full game patch- DiabloIII-setup-enUS, but it still show as starter edition.

Further i had tried to use CALL SUPPORT listed for malaysia 1-800-220-076/1-800-816-184 , if you call during singpore hour, it say office is closed and open Pacific time 7am to 8pm.
but if you call during pacific time, its say the office is close, and open during singapore time 9am to 7pm.
Reply Quote
having the same issue, got the starter edition played for a while and finally bought it to my surprise i cant quick join my mates, and ive still got ***UPGRADE*** button top right !

please fix
Reply Quote
Contact the Billing Department and submit a ticket.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/contactbilling
Reply Quote
same here help fix it
Reply Quote
have you try resetting your password ? it clears caches, sometimes it helps...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]