Diablo® III

How do you get the jeweler?

82 Night Elf Priest
My friend and I are around the same level, but he can see the jeweler and I cannot. Is there something that I'm missing? We're already on Act II, so I hope that he's not only available in Act I. If anyone has any information, please let me know here? Thanks!
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I think you have to be level 25, it unlocks
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Then you can have it in any of your characters
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Priest
No, I don't think so, he's level 22 and I'm 23, but he has it.
Reply Quote
82 Night Elf Priest
Strange, for some reason we just got the quest, but he said that he didn't have to do it. Maybe it was a weird glitch?
Reply Quote
you get him after you rescue the guy from the sewers like 2/3 of the way through act 2 - you have to finish the quest before you can see him
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 06:40 PMPosted by TheFish
you get him after you rescue the guy from the sewers like 2/3 of the way through act 2 - you have to finish the quest before you can see him

^ this is valid.
Reply Quote
I believe this is a bug. I had the same thing happen on my barbarian when I quick joined a friend of mines game. He was in act 2 and I was just starting fresh. I got immediately brought to act 2 and lvl 3, along with blacksmithing. Some sort of weird bug indeed.
Reply Quote
On a side note, does anyone know how much it costs to remove gems.. or how it scales? Any website make a listed run down of this?
Reply Quote
It is not related to any quest.

I arrived in act 2 with the jeweler completely visible and my friend still cannot see him half way through the act.
Reply Quote
Then it's a bug for you, because he's unlocked via a quest. :P
Reply Quote
I am a barbarian level 22 and I cannot see him at all. Where is the quest? I did all quests, I think. I just returned to town with the guys head and now off to get his body. Also, what do I do with Adria's black mushroom? Any ideas?
Reply Quote
I think you can unlock things early if you join a group game where the host already has it unlocked.
Reply Quote
Specifically he is located in the waterlogged passageway after you turn the two gears and open it. You can't miss him.
Reply Quote
This is all fine and dandy, but on the achievements page the jeweler has conversation options in Act 1, so how does one get this achievement?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I to am wondering why there is act I conversations for the achievement when you don't get him til act II I've been searching everywhere with no luck.
Reply Quote
It varies... from about 100 gold upwards; I assume the greater the gem the more it costs to remove it.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 12:52 PMPosted by PaperFox
This is all fine and dandy, but on the achievements page the jeweler has conversation options in Act 1, so how does one get this achievement?

this

and

05/17/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Sparrowsong
I to am wondering why there is act I conversations for the achievement when you don't get him til act II I've been searching everywhere with no luck.

this

???

wanna know too
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
05/17/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Sparrowsong

My guess would be once he's unlocked via your first character, he's available to all, even your new ones that start out in Act I, just like our stash and gold.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
I found it, After you get the jewler load up an old game and go back to New Tristram he has a cart set up at the top of town. Whew! i was thinking this was going to drive me nuts
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]