Diablo® III

How to use weapons? (Not poison darts)

Hey guys. As I recall, around level 1 I used to be able to smack things with my Axe, Club, etc. items, but now that I have skills on both mouse buttons, I can't seem to make Left Mouse or Right Mouse swing/shoot my weapon.

Can anybody help me out?
Reply Quote
Why would you ever want to?
Reply Quote
91 Tauren Paladin
Your skills are modified by your weapon damage. There is no need to ever actually use your weapon.. they are just stat sticks.
Reply Quote
Why can't I have the option to use some awesome weapons like other classes? I understand I probably shouldn't, but it just seems kind of lame not to be able to.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Rahlekk
Why can't I have the option to use some awesome weapons like other classes? I understand I probably shouldn't, but it just seems kind of lame not to be able to.

If you really want to use just a basic weapon, there's an option under gameplay I believe that allows you to position your skills however you choose.. Or remove them.. Just turn that on and you can whack things with a club till the cows come home..

However like the others say, why would you want to? Even Barbarians don't use the weapons directly, the use proxy skills that look like their using their weapon. All of the stats of your weapon, including lifesteal, life per hit etc transfer to your skills be they toads spiders what ever... If you really want to see yourself swinging a weapon, I'm not sure the witch doctor is the optimum class.
Reply Quote
I didn't like this about Witch Doctor either. I hate how he kinda just has weapons out but you never use them. My Barbarian at least looks like he's clubbing the crap out of demons.
Reply Quote
You can. Just don't put a skill on one of your mouse buttons. It'll default to a regular attack.
Reply Quote
anybody know how to ban WD's who melee with their equipped weapons instead of using their spells so they can't enter my online games?
Edited by Fiestaware#1896 on 5/16/2012 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You guys need to chill out, I was just wondering if it was possible past level 1.

Otherwise, thanks.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Oglop
Your skills are modified by your weapon damage. There is no need to ever actually use your weapon.. they are just stat sticks.

This...I did not know. So my spiders do lightning damage too?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]