Diablo® III

Diablo 3 toying with ancient knowledge?

What is this?

Playing the game I see things about "Nephalem". These are described the same as the nephilim in real life.

Then theres the "Horadrim"? You mean, Haridim? The ultra orthodox Jews? Whos symbol just happens to be a triangle in the game? As in, the eye in the triangle? Something about a secret cabal controlling the world, their symbol being the all seeing eye?

Why are real life things being misspelled in the game, while also being the same things as in real life?

This is just the beginning, too.

I wonder if B Lizzard (bad lizzard, i.e. evil serpent) is toying with so called forbidden knowledge of the ages?

Anyone else catch any interesting misspellings of real life things in this game? Creeping me out to be honest. Creeping me out because I know that those corporations who have the money in todays wold also have knowledge of the old times.

INB4 people who know nothing of ancient civilization 'mythology' start talking crap
Reply Quote
Blizzard has ties to the illuminati?!
Reply Quote
I like turtles.
Reply Quote
Anyone else find similarities to real life stuff like this?

Because theres no way that this was not intentional. Read up on nephilim and then the Diablo 3 wiki on nephalem.

I recall hearing an NPC saying that Haredrim or whatever banished the prime evils long time ago? Haridim (ultra orthodox Jews) i.e. gods chosen people banished the prime evils?

Do no other Diablo players know of ancient civilization mythology/religious stuff? Is the current fan(atic) base consist of mindless western sheep that lead the new world into hell?

I see these references in the game and they look like a mockery of religion.

Its like whoever wrote the game is teasing those who are trying to find the truth. Showing parts of the real truth while hiding it at the same time. A mockery.

p.s. it is no secret that the mainstream is evil in a way. Blizzard is very much mainstream so it is no exception.
Reply Quote
It's all over the place, man.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asmodeus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_(demon)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazarus_of_Bethany

A mockery might be too harsh, because that's not true. Perhaps a reimagining?
Edited by Chris#1235 on 5/17/2012 3:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Paladin
If you haven't noticed the Diablo series tends to get a lot of it's inspiration from religion especially since its based around the whole good vs evil heaven vs hell conflict.
Reply Quote
Reimagining sounds about right. Its just that I recently read "From the ashes of angels: the Forbidden legacy of a fallen race" By Andrew Collins, and the references in Diablo 3 are making my mind explode.

I never paid any attention to the stories of Diablo 1 & 2, but this time the mentioning of real life stuff is very persistent and actually relevant to modern life.

Add all the recent conspiracy theories about global cabals and the supposed coming of a new evil age or whatever (which is somewhat evident by looking at what modern media preaches and how it distances from religious/conservative values), and you have yourself one giant clusterf*&%.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Alright I'll take this bait for the hell of it.

05/16/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Sparks
real life things

so called forbidden knowledge of the ages

As in, the eye in the triangle? Something about a secret cabal controlling the world, their symbol being the all seeing eye?

Tinfoil hat's up huh?

Anyway, as a historian I can affirm this "forbidden ancient knowledge" doesn't corrupt or turns us into evil demonic snakes, Blizzard just based their game on old stories as did LOTS of other modern fiction works.

Your knowledge of the storyline is lacking though, those elements have been in the story since the first Diablo back in 96. It was mostly in the manual though. The Prime evils engineered their exile and the Horadrim locked them up in the soulstones with the help of Tyrael by the way.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Now the cheet got serious!
Run to the hillls!
Reply Quote
84 Gnome Mage
I see these references in the game and they look like a mockery of religion.

Its like whoever wrote the game is teasing those who are trying to find the truth. Showing parts of the real truth while hiding it at the same time. A mockery.

IMHO no one has to TRY to make a mockery of Religion. It tends to make a mockery of itself!
Edited by ABKrenos#1612 on 5/26/2012 8:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
... wth are u guys drinking. Its obvious that horadrim as well as much other the lore behind diablo has been inspired by old ancient historic civilizations, religion, etc.

how in the hell you link horadrim--haridim---conspiracy is beyond me

Blizzard-Bad Lizzard? wtf are you smoking bro

thats like saying Sparks---Sin parks--parks--garden Garden of Sin--garden of eden??
Reply Quote
What is this?

Playing the game I see things about "Nephalem". These are described the same as the nephilim in real life.

Then theres the "Horadrim"? You mean, Haridim? The ultra orthodox Jews? Whos symbol just happens to be a triangle in the game? As in, the eye in the triangle? Something about a secret cabal controlling the world, their symbol being the all seeing eye?

Why are real life things being misspelled in the game, while also being the same things as in real life?

I wonder if B Lizzard (bad lizzard, i.e. evil serpent) is toying with so called forbidden knowledge of the ages?

Anyone else catch any interesting misspellings of real life things in this game? Creeping me out to be honest. Creeping me out because I know that those corporations who have the money in todays wold also have knowledge of the old times.

INB4 people who know nothing of ancient civilization 'mythology' start talking crap

OP: Watch Neon Genesis Evangelion.

That is all.
Reply Quote
What is this?

Yes, blizz did gather a lot of information from ancient mythios and put them into their game as allusions,references,homages etc.

It however isn't some weird conspiracy theory like you make it out to be.

Blizz does this in just about all their games, these allusions have been around since D1, in WoW there's also allusions to Greek, Norse, and Egyptian mythology along with homages to Lovcraftian mythios. IIRC Starcraft 2 and the 2 expansions which aren't out yet had code names based on Greek Mythology (Heart of the Swarm being Project: Medusa iirc) in order to not give away the name of what they were doing before blizzcon/whenever they wanted to officially announce it.

Creeping me out to be honest. Creeping me out because I know that those corporations who have the money in todays wold also have knowledge of the old times.

You know who else has access to knowledge of these "old times?" anyone with an internet connection who knows how to use Wikipedia or anyone who has a nearby library in their town

I wonder if B Lizzard (bad lizzard, i.e. evil serpent)

You clearly don't know how Blizz got their name.
They were originally called silicon and synapse, as in computer chips and a reference to silicon valley, but people kept mistaking it for a reference to breast implants so they opened a dictionary and came to the word Ogre but they had to pay royalties to some other company who already had they name so they randomly opened the dictionary again and stumbled upon the word Blizzard, everyone liked the sound of it and thus Silicon and Synapse came to be known as Blizzard.

The dictionary definition of blizzard is: a storm with dry, driving snow, strong winds, and intense cold.

The name blizzard isn't some reference to satan in the form of a serpent, especially considering how blizzard's first games had nothing to do with the religion or diablo (rock n roll racing, the lost vikings, etc.)
Edited by Vgk#1374 on 5/26/2012 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The references to Nephalim in Diablo III is a subliminal way of conditioning people for the return of the ones who created us. The bible and angels are a cover for the alien race which created us. I believe there were alien races that wanted us to succeed and ones that tried to wipe us out totally in the early ages. But like one of the references the character makes. One "angel" wanted mankind to live. Do some research on ancient astronaut theory on the internet. Archaelogists are looking at the drawings and historical evidence in a new perspective. Mankind was created as a slave race and yes our race interbred or was genetically re-engineered. Our race has many genetic defects and that is due to genetic engineering. Much like how many dogs have various genetic defects due to the manipulated genes of various species of dogs to make them, shorter, longer, bigger, smaller...etc.
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Warstr1ke
The references to Nephalim in Diablo III is a subliminal way of conditioning people for the return of the ones who created us. The bible and angels are a cover for the alien race which created us. I believe there were alien races that wanted us to succeed and ones that tried to wipe us out totally in the early ages. But like one of the references the character makes. One "angel" wanted mankind to live. Do some research on ancient astronaut theory on the internet. Archaelogists are looking at the drawings and historical evidence in a new perspective. Mankind was created as a slave race and yes our race interbred or was genetically re-engineered. Our race has many genetic defects and that is due to genetic engineering. Much like how many dogs have various genetic defects due to the manipulated genes of various species of dogs to make them, shorter, longer, bigger, smaller...etc.

No they aren't. There's a lot of made up claims on the internet and most historians, archaeologists, and scientists don't think anything of the sort. Also you're reported for necroing this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/25/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Warstr1ke

I'm not saying it was aliens.

But it was aliens.
Reply Quote
I can see what OP is trying to say. I will admit that I have also thought of diablo as a game highly influenced with symbolism and hidden meaning.

Don't get me wrong, D3 (although not as much as D2) is still my favorite game, but the fact is that its not just diablo that will have hidden messages and meaning. The whole entertainment industry can be blamed.

I want to also say that its highly possible for the b lizzard; yes it might just b a coincidence like some of you say ( I mean camaaaaaan, blizzard is an awesome name) but things like this are used everywhere without people noticing.

The truth is there is something going on where some people are trying to keep us in a 'net', so we cannot reach our true potential. ex; the net you find on the world map, a world net, just like the internet: International net: granted its a source of information, but its the best distraction ever created. Foot ball, putting a ball in a NET, containing the ball/earth, or basketball as well. and the fact that millions of people cheer when the ball gets in the NET just gives it power. Entertainment; enter the containment, enter the net... camaaan, its not just a coincidence.

I'm not trying to impose anything on anyone, just sharing my point of view.

<3
Reply Quote
95 Orc Shaman
Dude it's not that special almost every important name in Diablo is derived from an Abrahamic religion of some sort.

EDIT: Spelling
Edited by KillIsle#1579 on 1/6/2014 12:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
it's funny. just yesterday i was watching on h2 a show called "angels: good or evil" or something to that affect.. and i happened to notice quite a few similarities in names, and backstories of different angels in hebrew texts, and noticed how they coincided with diablo. it wasn't until they referrenced lilith that i really was like "ok.. that's too much to be coicidence" lol. i actually think its really cool how there are legitimate real world ties. makes the game more interesting
Reply Quote
Diablo has a lot of real life mythology as inspiration in it, thats no surprise
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]