Diablo® III

How to identify items?

(Locked)

Soo I have noticed there are no scrolls of identity, was wondering how you identify items now?
Right click :)
53 Night Elf Druid
You just need to right click on the item that needs identified. Wait a few seconds and viola, it's now identified :)
ah thanks.. haha f$#king idiot move on my behalf:)
53 Night Elf Druid
Nah, no worries...I would imagine that there was a helper pop-up that came up the first time that it needs to be done saying what to do, but speaking from personal experience here, those pop-ups get ignored for the most part :)
why would theymake stuff that needs to be identified if you just need to right click it? what is the point?
05/17/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Quarntine
why would theymake stuff that needs to be identified if you just need to right click it? what is the point?

To make us stop and smell the roses while monsters kill us every now and then.
05/17/2012 02:38 PMPosted by Quarntine

Just like Scratch-Off Lotto tickets, the numbers change all the time under those big question marks. Identify at juuuuust the right time and you'll win big.
ahh, i see. i thought once the item generated that the stats were set, didnt know the stats were random up intill u identify. thanks for the response :)
Edited by Quarantine#1121 on 5/17/2012 2:43 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Warrior
Actually it was answered somewhere else i forgot where. But they kept that in for the anticipation of Identifying an item, not knowing what it is when you pick it up or... something like that

I dunno i always found Identification scrolls a waste of space. You had such a tiny inventory space to begin with in Diablo 2, and you lose 4 of it automatically to the two tomes of scrolls. then even more to the Charms...
90 Worgen Druid
05/17/2012 02:43 PMPosted by Drake

Good question. They probably were originally going to have ID scrolls.. but eventually nixed them as part of the whole "dumbing down" process.

Hey.. don't complain to me for calling it what it is. There is no denying that certain aspects of this game series have been dumbed down.

They did have Scolls in the Alpha build from Blizzcon in 2010. They got rid of it some time later and they were gone the next year. I like it without it, I always hated to carry around so man scolls since Tomes only hold so many.
85 Worgen Hunter
Last I heard, the reasoning behind it was to add a "present opening" type feel to it. You get your first 'yay' moment when the yellow drops, and then there's a second anticipation as you open it up (to use the present analogy) and see what you got.
Sounds like the dev team just got lazy to me, like a lot of things in Diablo 3.
The scrolls of identify were a waste of inventory space and a pathetic minor gold sink. From a gameplay perspective they were pointless, was it a 'challenge' in Diablo or Diablo 2 to identify an item? Pfft it was just an annoying procedure to go through.

The changes made were the correct ones and I still like the idea of 'unwrapping a present' so to speak. Good move on Blizzards part.
Quarntine

THANK YOU!
Quarntine

THANK YOU!

Sigh...
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]