Diablo® III

Single Target dps god

90 Human Warlock
This is my first build for Witch Doctor, it allows you to spam your most damaging spell (Firebats). By keeping 4 spells on cd you gain 300% increased mana regen from the passive, and with your Big Bad Voodoo down at the same time, you are free to spam away. The Idea of the build is to maintain high mana regen to spam firebats while still having the suvivability to not die every 3 seconds. I would recommend giving the build a try on boss fights and tell me what you think. With this build I've managed to out dps my friends who are 5-10 lvls ahead of me.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acUdTQ!bUW!YaZZZZ
Edited by Geegeemode#1760 on 5/17/2012 6:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Delete this post! We don't want people knowing how you're supposed to be playing WD.

Srs though. I do almost exactly this. I'm lvl 57.
Reply Quote
Delete this post! We don't want people knowing how you're supposed to be playing WD.

Srs though. I do almost exactly this. I'm lvl 57.

looks good, an actual original helpfull build
Reply Quote
what do you do when you run into fire immune/physical immune? or fire immune by itself?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
If the target is Fire immune I can simply switch out to Spirit Barrage or Locust Swarm depending on which immunities the mob has. Both are a good substitute.
Reply Quote
can you clarify what seplls you are using, when i pull your chart up it says you are using two voodoo spells....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm using Gargantuan (Restless Giant) and Big Bad Voodoo (Rain Dance).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Us witchdoctors gotta help each other out, there are so few of us in this world.
Reply Quote
i feel like an idiot but how do you get two voodoo skills? i cant see how to get rid of a decay skill from button 2!
Reply Quote
gameplay options > elective mode
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acUdTQ!bUW!YaZZZZ

How can you combine Big Bad Voodoo with Gargantuan, their in the same skill tree????

Or am i missing some kinda awsome way you can combine those two?

Greeting,

Broken
Reply Quote
haha thanks, thats embarrassing
Reply Quote
are there any other switches in the options menus i should prolly try out while i have the experts on hand!?
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Ashuin
With this build I've managed to out dps my friends who are 5-10 lvls ahead of me.

Please show me how you can prove this.
Reply Quote
I think you could do better with soul harvest and 3 other longer cooldowns, so you dont have to spend all your time activiating the cooldowns constantly. like gargantuan zombie dogs and zfetish army.

That and poison dart seems like a waste if u are going to be running with the 300% mana regen, would be better to swap it for locusts and the firebats i really don't think they match up to the damage output of acid cloud. sure its 220% up front, but the cloud is 100% and keeps ticking for 75% constantly to everything in the area still. you can spam the hell out of it.

it's better aoe, and stronger single target.

idk the acid cloud just seems better overall.

haunt would be a great single target option as well, especially if u set it to the 288% over 2 seconds rune.
Edited by Keldrath#1718 on 5/17/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/42155-highest-dps-build-for-farming-anything/

Kind of late. Already known. It is OP. Might get slight nerfed.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Broken
[quote]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#acUdTQ!bUW!YaZZZZ

How can you combine Big Bad Voodoo with Gargantuan, their in the same skill tree????

Or am i missing some kinda awsome way you can combine those two?

Yea you are missing something - in gameplay options, you can change it to Elective Mode which lets you put any skills you have on any of the hotbuttons
Reply Quote
Yeah I agree. What I'm doing on my Doc is a mana regen build (similar to this one explained here) with Spirit Barrage as my MAIN SPELL. No darts. With the passive that returns me mana for every spirit barrage used and rune that returns even more mana, I can use Spirit Barrage as my main spell which gives INSANE single target DPS.

And then there's Acid Cloud spam that I like to combo with big bad voodoo mana regeneration. It beats the crap out of monsters. Insane spell spam
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]