Diablo® III

gave up on wizard, cant kill anything

i literally spent over 2 hours trying to kill belial to the point where i was broken and had no money. after struggling to make it through act 2 as a whole, i just gave up. wizards are just far too squishy. My guy was lv 24 with over 200 int but only 140dps or so so i cant do any dmg and i get killed in 2 hits. not sure where i messed up but i'ma just roll something else until blizzard beefs up the survivability of wizards.
Reply Quote
71 Human Death Knight
Not trying to be rude or ask you a dumb question but.... have you tried using the followers? Templar? I've found them really helpful and haven't found any issues at all.
Reply Quote
Before someone comes in and laughs or says something mean, I just want to say that maybe you're not spec-ing your skills right or choosing the right items. Most people haven't really had a hard time in normal mode. With Belial, the only thing that would usually kill you is the crazy explosions. With that, just run around them and use diamond skin at the last moment (when you have nowhere else to run).

But if you're frustrated now, just wait until you get to Hell, which is LOL for wizards in terms of survivability. Hopefully your next character roll will be something more to your liking!
Reply Quote
I can say that I did NOT have the same issue, I breezed through Belial without much effort. I had the templar with me and I was around level 24 as well. I believe my int was somewhere around 150 as well so not sure if it's how you spec'd for the battle but personally I did not have an issue.
Reply Quote
As for Belial, just stick to the far right side and run around the big green explosions.
Reply Quote
Before someone comes in and laughs or says something mean, I just want to say that maybe you're not spec-ing your skills right or choosing the right items. Most people haven't really had a hard time in normal mode. With Belial, the only thing that would usually kill you is the crazy explosions. With that, just run around them and use diamond skin at the last moment (when you have nowhere else to run).

But if you're frustrated now, just wait until you get to Hell, which is LOL for wizards in terms of survivability. Hopefully your next character roll will be something more to your liking!

I had the enchantress but Diamond skin with the evocation passive and hydra is how I beat him.
Reply Quote
lol XD i had to basically solo belial on a wiz in a game of 4 people. 1 person never made it through, another died and towned. the other wiz was a 2shot that i ressed about 10 times throughout the battle. it was a loooong fight basically done with magic missile and a few arcane orbs>.>

survivability of a wiz at that lvl just means u got to shop around for a little better gear with vit or more defense. as for dmg check the auction house for a better weapon if u need 2. the fault isnt with the wizard class its with ur own gear/skill selection/ actual ability
Edited by SuiRyuJin#1452 on 5/18/2012 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Well the 3rd phase of belial's fight , he is just standing there and cant be kited. Just finished him on NM. I used meteor (multiple meteors rune), frost nova for early phases. archon with TP rune, frost ray with reduce cost and electrocute with the lightning streaks. I also use diamond skin.
I wiped on him 6-8 times before getting it, all were down to less then 50% hp. I admit, diablo 3 has been very challenging.

But for wizard non boss i Use Diamond skin. teleport , nova, meteor, then disengrate with chaos. And i blow !@#$ up!
Reply Quote
It took me 5 Arcane orbs to get him to change, and it took me 5 more to kill him.

Diablo took me about 2-3 mintues

Im now im now level 34 on nightmare and getting 4-5k crits with arcane orb....

I can however say that Metor and Blizzard are complete CRAP.

Metor costs more and does only 25% more(or less if you use obliterate on arcane orb) and has a impact delay.
I can cast 3 arcane orbs in the same time it takes 1 metor to hit.. and those 3 orbs are 675% damage. and only cost 30% more mana.

I Blow up everything including bosses very quickly

My mage
Electrocute+chain lightning
Arcane Orb+Obliterate
Diamond skin+Crystal Shell
Wave of Force+Force affinity

Magic Weapon+Electrifiy(IT procs on arcane orb attacks and is LOL when you have 4-5 monsters all procing and doing streaks of lightning that are jumping to 3 other monsters... you can easily do another 100-200% damage.)
Familar+Sparkflint(for the +12% total damage increase not for the actual dps from the familar but it does help)

Passives
Glass Cannon +15% damage
Evocation 15% faster cooldown
Astral Presence +20 arcane+2 mana regeneration

I may swap Evocation for Paralysis at level 37 if the Lightning effect from Magic Weapon+Electrifiy that procs on Arcane Orb is effected by it. Group stuns will be lol.

Electrocute works well for me because of its chance to knock back not as a damaging ability all thou it procs with Electrifiy aswell and can do quite large damage to groups.
Reply Quote
i was using the enchantress follower, i cant use diamond skin and teleport since they are under the same key. i don't have meteor yet, and my gear is completly broken with no money to fix it or buy better gear. i'm kind of screwed. ive had such a hard time even before i killed the skelton king in act 1. ive probably died 1000 times, mostly in act 2. took me about 30 tries to beat butcher and probably up to 50 tries on belial.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WigVTh!Xc!Z.aZaa
this is my build, helps kill the adds in P1 of the fight and for P2 just trying to run away and spam disintegrate and when i do get into P3 i try to find a corner to hide in but i cant find a dead spot to stand and spam disintegrate and he 1 shots me with his arms.

then again i've had no clue what im doing since i rolled the wizard except stacking intellegence gear.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
05/18/2012 02:08 AMPosted by Ashwalker
i was using the enchantress follower, i cant use diamond skin and teleport since they are under the same key.

Elective mode is your friend for that. Options, Gameplay, Elective mode! Something that honestly should of been made way more obvious to people when you start for the first time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
05/18/2012 02:08 AMPosted by Ashwalker
i was using the enchantress follower, i cant use diamond skin and teleport since they are under the same key.

Teleport is crap imo, but like the guy above me said, use elective mode. You can use multiple skills from the same category (Primary, secondary, etc) with elective mode turned on. I have no idea why they made it so hard to figure this out for people, because I thought the same thing.

As far as you dying so much, I have no idea how. I didn't die until Act 3 Nightmare. I used Frost Nova and Wave of Force very liberally to control groups, and if you augment the Wave of Force to stun, the stun works on bosses. So you can freeze and stun bosses with those two skills, which is good. If you're using a follower, go with the Templar and grab his healing talents. Although again, how you're dying so much is beyond me.
Reply Quote
wow you are using crappy skills..

try http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acXdSj!YX!aaaZ

Diamond skin is your bubble.. you pop it when you are going t odie and it gives you around double your health in extra protection for 6 seconds.

Wave of force is your AOE for dealing with melee mobs who get to close.

Arcane orb is what you use the blow the crap out of the boss.. and normal arcane attack is what you use when you are letting mana restore.
Reply Quote
Hi,

Your skill setup is really bad (not being rude). Blades are >>> but you NEED to use Diamond skin. You need survivability if you melee wizard. Spec vit + int.

Try this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WZXRfY!Xc!ZZaaaa

for belial just drop hydra and shoot ice beam/disi at him. Dodge explosions, pop diamond skin when you are close to dead/to dodge explosion damage
Reply Quote
wow you are using crappy skills..

try http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#acXdSj!YX!aaaZ

Diamond skin is your bubble.. you pop it when you are going t odie and it gives you around double your health in extra protection for 6 seconds.

Wave of force is your AOE for dealing with melee mobs who get to close.

Arcane orb is what you use the blow the crap out of the boss.. and normal arcane attack is what you use when you are letting mana restore.

Have fun using that arcane orb on the many teleporting/fast moving mobs in Act 3 and 4. At Nightmare if I had Arcane Orb I wouldn't be able to hit a thing.
Reply Quote
Belial is the first retard check boss of the game. Don't stand in meteors, diamond skin when you can't manage to get out. I farmed him for a bit and noticed people just stand in one place the entire time and get crushed and I'm assuming they come to the forums after that and wine about how he's too hard. If Belial is that much a problem for you I'd recommend uninstalling or trying a Barb and stacking vitality.
Reply Quote
I actually almost died on Belial cause he kept body blocking my movement at times, but if you have access to it Hydra is pretty OP against him since you can freely move around while it rails him.
Reply Quote
Try:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WZXYSd!aY!aZaa

You will melt face in normal mode.

Get the best shield and 1 hand weapon you can.

Make sure your weapon has Life steal on it and that it has 1 socket for + damage gem.

Use templar, he's the OH SNAP IMA DIE HELP ME PLOX! follower.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/follower#1100
Reply Quote
ItsTwicks
Sorry completed normal and doing nightmare now.. not having any problems.. teleporting monsters teleport next to you.. and get Arcane orbs in the face.. kinda hard to miss at that range.. and diamond skin is what you use then they are elites.

Or you can just cast arcane orb from 2 screens away... it travels about 2 and a half screens... and lets you wipe alot of group mobs in passageways without them even going aggro.

So far.. no problems.
Reply Quote
At first, when i'm in lv1-20 i felt i'm the useless char in coop game... but i found out how to get survivability and good in DPS... i tried meteor, blizzard, hydra, teleport, twister and slow time is totally fail + useless...
the only i can do is frost nova, wave of force, spectra blade and diamond skin.. with ice shield to support tanker.
i keep waiting until lv 28, i straight changed my ray of frost cold blood to my left click, + venom hydra right click(arcane and lightning hydra = fail)
i keep on find my eq with int and damage... boost up my DPS
now i'm lv 42 with 1400 damage with 1000% int bonus :)
behind barbarian i just summon venom hydra infront of me and ray of frost all the way... all die in 2-4 secs... those mobs who near me i can nova and shoot again... until the freeze gone i WOF and ray again... if the elite havent die chasing you, diamond skin yourself until DS time gone, nova again. keep this chain loop and you are hardly die :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]