Diablo® III

What Primary Skill Do You Use and Why?

Just wanted to get a feel for what primary skill everyone is using. I'm only level 26, but so far I love the bola shot. It just eats through mobs. I see most people taking hungering arrow on the forums, but I the stun on the bolas is just so good.

So what's everyone using?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#abXdQZ!Ybe!baabaZ

is the build i use. i was using hungering arrow until i got multishot... it was just soo good.

oh... act 1 nm
Edited by Shade#1154 on 5/18/2012 8:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Entangling Shot. The slow effect saves me from having to spam vault.
Reply Quote
For trash mobs I use bola with the volitale explosions rune... the AOE damage is really awesome.

For bosses I switch to hungering with the cinder arrow rune as it seems to be our highest single target dps regular attack (at least at 34!)
Reply Quote
Entangling Shot w/ Chain Gang rune. (Snare 4 enemies at once!!)
Just use it a couple of times on different sides of the mob and then spam your hatred spender.
Reply Quote
So far bola is the one that tends to be more usefull becaus of AOE from the 4 primary abilities.

But entangling saves you some caltrops and vaults.

Hungering in theory is the one that can em more dame but I find it hard to clean big mobs it it, to much clicking.

grenaes, well i havent find a way to use the effectevly
Reply Quote
I use hungering arrow in hell because I don't have to aim / can focus more on my character positioning.
Reply Quote
I use Hungering Arrow with the Cinder Rune, Rapid Fire with snare rune, Caltrops, Vault, and the two passives that increase damage when at distance and adds damage when enemy is snared (can't remember at the moment if that's a passive or a rune on Caltrops.)

Anyway, it works super well for mobs by hungering to build your hatred, wait until they get close, drop Caltrops and vault away at the same time, drop a Spike Trap right in front of the Caltrops, then Rapid Fire into the mob. You get dmg bonus from the snare of caltrops, the snare rune and the distance of Steady Shot passive. Plus when they leave the caltrops they get hit with the Spike Trap.

Also keep Marked For Death on there for bosses and champions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I used Entangling shot with chain gang for the vast majority of the game, I swapped out to bola shot whenever I wasn't using entangling shot and generally used the electric one (forgot the name of the rune).
Reply Quote
Vault, it is really needed to get a way from mobs.
Reply Quote
I use Hungering Arrow with the Cinder Rune, Rapid Fire with snare rune, Caltrops, Vault, and the two passives that increase damage when at distance and adds damage when enemy is snared (can't remember at the moment if that's a passive or a rune on Caltrops.)

Anyway, it works super well for mobs by hungering to build your hatred, wait until they get close, drop Caltrops and vault away at the same time, drop a Spike Trap right in front of the Caltrops, then Rapid Fire into the mob. You get dmg bonus from the snare of caltrops, the snare rune and the distance of Steady Shot passive. Plus when they leave the caltrops they get hit with the Spike Trap.

Also keep Marked For Death on there for bosses and champions.

same here... rinse and repeat. I drop rapid fire for disc chakram on boss fights to manage adds and help dump hate when I kite/dodge too much =D
Reply Quote
Knife throw right now.

My primary form of attack is default sword swing.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm just got the passive Grenader and I've been playing around the Fire Bomb grenade rune and the Cluster Arrow that stuns(dazzling show?)...it's really effective on the elites and championsin act3+ on nightmare...the fire bomb crits for about 3k on each mob it hits in the aoe and cluster arrow's initial aoe crits for about 6500. And bombs do a lot of damage too. I can fire off 3 cluster arrows before I have start grenading then I fire cluster arrows as soon as I have the rage for it.

A tip for cluster arrow: don't aim for the first mob in the pack, aim for the second or if it's a large group aim for the middle of it because it detonates where your mouse cursor is and the damage radiates out from there

:D
Reply Quote
Hungering Arrow with Devouring Arrow. I used Chain Gang throughout normal, but I've found slows are not very useful against elites in Hell. Maximum single target DPS allows me to focus them quicker.
Reply Quote
Hungering Arrow with devouring, sometimes teeth if i feel like it.

Impale with overpenetration as the spender.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]