Diablo® III

Act II - "Collapsing Vault" timed event bug.

Hello, sometime after the Khasim Outpost I found an optional quest where a treasure hunter told me that this portal only opens once every thousand years while "the stars are aligned"

This turned out to be a timed event in an area called "The Collapsing Vault", where I had two minutes to get to the end of the area and find whatever treasure lay within. I would like to mention that I am currently on nightmare and playing Solo. Despite my best efforts I could not finish the vault before it "collapsed"

With 10 seconds left on the timer before the vault "collapsed" I used a town portal to escape. Seconds later the quest showed in my log as "failed" and I went on about my buisness. I came back to town about 15-30 minutes later and noticed I had a town portal up, curious as to where it went I jumped in and was taken back to the "Collapsing Vault" that turned out to be very much still in-tact. I was able to explore the rest of the vault, although I found no special treasure that perhaps a quest would have placed there. However there were still rare mobs floating around.

Anyway, I just thought I should point this out. Im not sure if this is considered a bug because it was just a town portal, but I think the vault very much should have "collapsed" and my town portal should have been closed. I would note that after I failed the quest I was no longer able to take the original spawned quest portal in, as it was closed.
Edited by Sammich#1797 on 5/18/2012 4:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The area doesn't collapse, but the treasure you find is actually in a room inside of that vault area you enter, if you don't reach the treasure within 2 minutes, the room disappears and you can't enter it, but the place you entered in the first place is still very much intact.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]