Diablo® III

DH damage lowers when I attack a mob?

Anyone know why my damage in the character panel goes down and slowly rises back up only to drop down again when I attack a mob? When I am not doing anything my dps sits at around 4500 and drops to 3300 when I hit something.
Reply Quote
sharpshooter
Reply Quote
Oh, so what does sharpshooter really do? I thought it was just 3% bonus crit, but crit affects damage?
Reply Quote
every offensive stat will effect your dps, when you haven't attacked at all your crit goes to 100% hence majorly fluffing your dps on your character sheet.
Reply Quote
It also heavily skews your paper doll damage when comparing items. It devalues +crit chance while absurdly overvaluing +crit damage.
Reply Quote
when your crit gets to 100% you've effectively doubled your base damage, factor in the +crit damage and you've got me, who is about base 3.7k, up to 11k when sharpshooter is left alone to bring me to 100% crit chance. multi shot crits for 19-21k first shot
Edited by Gerhalt#1345 on 5/19/2012 6:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/18/2012 11:06 PMPosted by PLasMiD
Oh, so what does sharpshooter really do? I thought it was just 3% bonus crit, but crit affects damage?

It increases your chance to crit by 3% every second until you get a crit. So if you're sitting it town, it'll be at 100% to crit.

Another reason could Steady Aim which only works if nothing is close (10 yards) to you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]