Diablo® III

60 DH Act 2 Inferno

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZXjlV!YeT!YcZYaY

Currently what im running for my dh, just wondering what people think. About 18k dps right now also.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I use the exact same spec but I use multi shot over Rain of Vengeance. may I ask why you choose that over multi shot?
Reply Quote
Just trying to keep it simple but im strongly considering changing since starting act 2
Reply Quote
From what I have seen is Hungering Arrow doesn't seem to proc Marked for Death.

I was running this for a long time but lacks on bosses.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXjTV!Yec!YZZYZY

This by far has been my most enjoyable build very simple and clears groups no problem without ever getting hit. My main problem is the single target bosses at the end of the acts, until then this build has never done me wrong. I'm having trouble picking the right moves to hold through all of an act and keep the magic find buff up : /
Reply Quote
FYI - I'm using a bow and stacking haste gear atm...
Reply Quote
A small concern with this build: what happends when you run out of focus on a considerably longer pack? There's no snares/escape methods I can really see after you've finished with smoke screening.
Reply Quote
Usually everything dead by time smoke screen is over but otherwise I kite until I can smoke screen again.
Reply Quote
Sure, but nothing to slow certain packs while kiting would be problematic, no?
Reply Quote
Puncture is the best hungering glyph for single target.
Reply Quote
I have a question. Why don't people use double chakram as their main aoe? It's awesome IMO.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 01:39 PMPosted by Raegonex
I have a question. Why don't people use double chakram as their main aoe? It's awesome IMO.

It requires a lot of space Raegonex.
Reply Quote
Yea tight hallways Chakram isn't that great, open field its great.
Reply Quote
Working my way through Act 2 Inferno now as well. Using this

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXYZV!XeT!Yacbcb

Similar to yours, except I really can not give up Caltrops with Jagged rune. It does a lot of great damage when kiting and does wonders to help fill up Discipline. As well as choking gas with smoke screen. (Spamming Caltrops and SS when Walled up with mobs is amazing damage)

I was using FoK for a bit, but was starting to get to risky and was dying a bit as a result

I use a 2H Xbow with stacked Crit Damage.
Reply Quote
Not sure how you guys are using Multishot for your AoE. Even with Fire at Will, it drains hatred WAY too fast. You get like 6-7 shots off and you're done. Frost Arrow is much better.
Reply Quote
Is the OP solo with this build? I cant see how he kills any elite packs without any kiting abilities in his toolkit. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong on my DH atm. Im level 56 with about 5k dps and 23k life and can pretty much #@@% any elite camps in hell atm. I won't even comment on the bosses. They are a joke so far. Please let me know if those stats are good. I also have about 300 str, but my main stats atm are dex and vitality and I'm stacking physical resistance which has truly made a significant difference when no escapes are available and tanking is the only option.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Cackster
Is the OP solo with this build? I cant see how he kills any elite packs without any kiting abilities in his toolkit. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong on my DH atm. Im level 56 with about 5k dps and 23k life and can pretty much #@@% any elite camps in hell atm. I won't even comment on the bosses. They are a joke so far. Please let me know if those stats are good. I also have about 300 str, but my main stats atm are dex and vitality and I'm stacking physical resistance which has truly made a significant difference when no escapes are available and tanking is the only option.

Well if you're using the templar follower you really don't need any kiting abilities. Smoke screen + prep with the templar means you have ~30 seconds of invulnerability. I'm still perplexed as to how people are using multishot. You have crap DPS after your 5 multishots are used and zero hatred.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Vaux

Well if you're using the templar follower you really don't need any kiting abilities. Smoke screen + prep with the templar means you have ~30 seconds of invulnerability. I'm still perplexed as to how people are using multishot. You have crap DPS after your 5 multishots are used and zero hatred.

To respond to first quote, i am playing solo and am using a templar pet with massive amount of vitality to mainly play a soak tank while i line up my shots and smoke screen through them.

Second respond bravo for understanding the tactic :)
Reply Quote
Seems like the AOE damage is fairly awful; I'm not sure how you deal with large packs effectively. I'd swap out Rain of Vengeance for Multishot with Fire at Will or Elemental Arrow with Nether Tentacles. Otherwise, seems solid: I'm guessing you're stacking crit; if not, you should [Grievous Wounds].

Question for you though: Does Marked for Death with hatred regen rune offer 3 Hatred EVERY time the Hungering Arrow hits the target? If so, you may want to consider Puncturing Arrow, as you'll probably see higher single-target DPS from more Impales (seeing as Devouring is only ~19% more WD on average than Puncturing).

For comparison's sake, I'm just about to finish Act 1 Inferno, and I'm rolling with:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZXdQV!YaT!aZZbaY

The only thing in my build that I'm uncertain of and swap every once in a while is Multishot for Elemental Arrow, and trying out the feel of Perfectionist in place of Sharpshooter.

Started using piercing with Hunguring arrow and noted a huge increase in hatred in marked targets. Thanks for the tip
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]