Diablo® III

Tips to kill the treasure goblin?

anyone have any? im on nightmare and i attempt to lour him away from mobs and and dps as fast as i can but i cannot get him in time, he always makes it through his portal. plus he is immune to stuns. anyone have any tips on killing these guys?
Reply Quote
Immune to stuns but not slows... These guys are basically a DPS check. I have had one sit there while I killed everything else and didn't move until I attacked him. I plant a sentry, set off the rain of arrows, entangle arrows, and caltrops (with dmg rune). He rarely makes it into the portal..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Try snares, I'm not sure if those work on him, but I was using the chain shot (I can't remember if that's the name off the top of my head) and I usually got to him in time. I also use rapid fire with the withering fire rune.
Reply Quote
As far as I can tell, just keep up with the goblin. Portals appear to disappear if your damaging the goblin. Other then that, slows work well.
Reply Quote
It gets mini-stunned with the explosion from Bola. Mix in Cluster Arrows or Spike Traps every few for high damage.
Edited by Diablo#1340 on 5/19/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Marked for death + Impale. Ez loot.
Reply Quote
I just spam Hungering Arrow into him. Smoke Screen off any other groups of mobs. Works all the way to Inferno for me.
Reply Quote
I don't understand. I've tried every suggestion that people have here and none work. Stuns certainly do not work on him, and I cannot dps him down fast enough with hungering arrow or even my knife fast enough before he ports out. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 11:13 PMPosted by BullittProof
I don't understand. I've tried every suggestion that people have here and none work. Stuns certainly do not work on him, and I cannot dps him down fast enough with hungering arrow or even my knife fast enough before he ports out. Any ideas?

Then you don't have enough DPS. You should be able to kill him fairly easily every time before he ports if you're actually trying to attack him. The only time I've ever had one get away is when I didn't realize he was there until I saw the portal already up.
Reply Quote
Smokescreen
Maneuver ontop of it while spamming impale
Generate hatred
Spam impale some more
Dead yet? No? Repeat
Reply Quote
Smokescreen and chase it. I get like 90%+ of the goblins I see.
Reply Quote
The goblin are immune to stun and slow, anything saying different is just stupid.

But an easy run down like other said before:
Smoke Screen -> Marked for Death -> Impale (with crit rune).
Spam impale until it's dead, if it gets away in other mob us smoke screen, tactical advantage will be useful for the bonus run speed.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
How can you not kill them?
If you smoke screen, the goblins will just sit there and do nothing, even if you have a follower. Kill it, easy.
Reply Quote
I'm overpowered as I played my Monk through Hell, and just dumped all my old gear/drops to my DH as I leveled. I find a massive volley of EA - BL kills them super quick.

I also change my build so that I use Spike Bombs and the Hatred Reset of Prep and just dump spike bombs on him and he gets destroyed.
Reply Quote
Caltrops caltrops caltrops caltrops caltrops caltrops caltrops preparation caltrops caltrops caltrops caltrops caltrops caltrops caltrops caltrops strike a pose.
Reply Quote
Spike traps. Dps him until when he opens his portal and tries to run, plant all the spike traps you can under him, the trap shows up whereever ur mouse is. They will all activate and he'll be kissing the floor in no time
Reply Quote
Never had problems with him (unless he runs into elites).

I use H. Arrow (doesn't matter what rune as long as it penetrates)
Vault to close in (if w/o, corner it)
Impale w/ stun or rapid fire.

If you really want to get one, try getting rain of vengeance with the second rune.
Reply Quote
You need to herd it to a corner, so it's best to attack from the direction where he will run towards a corner and get stuck there. Especially for Hell and Inferno difficulty.
Reply Quote
thanks for the tips people. I will try these out next goblin I see. cheers!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]