Diablo® III

My Witch Doctor Build : Weapons and Armor

Hi I would just like to know if its good idea to pump only Intel for your witch doctor " topaz gemz" for pants, body armour, shoulders etc. everything but helm and your primary weapon

what kind of gemz are good for a witch doctor to apply to your helm? does crit actually work with poison darts if i were to put the green gems on my primary

and is it a good idea to pump my witch with rings having more vit than intel?

what are the basic rules on building a with doctor, thanks guys
Reply Quote
I think you'll want plenty of vitality when it comes to gems and intelligence/weapon damage when it comes to other stats on the gear. That's what I do at least. I also socket a purple on my helm especially because that gives you the biggest boost.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
Vitality is -extremely- important in Hell and up, because stuff just hits extremely hard. For instance, the -normal- phase beasts in Act 3 of Hell hit you for 7-9k. Plenty of the mobs in Inferno hit you for 15-20k as well.

As great as the Witch Doctor is at kiting and CC, and as great as you might be, you're -going- to get hit. It'll happen. And if you can't survive even a couple of wayward arrows / the ticks you take moving out of an AoE, you'll be little more than a smear on the ground for inferno and the later stages of Hell.
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Quixotic
I think you'll want plenty of vitality when it comes to gems and intelligence/weapon damage when it comes to other stats on the gear. That's what I do at least. I also socket a purple on my helm especially because that gives you the biggest boost.

Hey thanks for the help i appreciate it i will look into putting some amethyst gems into my helm i'm really loving this game i cant have enough, just wondering if they will be coming out with expansions soon?
Reply Quote

Hey thanks for the help i appreciate it i will look into putting some amethyst gems into my helm i'm really loving this game i cant have enough, just wondering if they will be coming out with expansions soon?

You didn't just ask for expansions in the first week after the game's release, did you?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
was about to post how I wish battlenet forums had a like button. but then i realized they did.
Reply Quote
Vitality is -extremely- important in Hell and up, because stuff just hits extremely hard. For instance, the -normal- phase beasts in Act 3 of Hell hit you for 7-9k. Plenty of the mobs in Inferno hit you for 15-20k as well.

As great as the Witch Doctor is at kiting and CC, and as great as you might be, you're -going- to get hit. It'll happen. And if you can't survive even a couple of wayward arrows / the ticks you take moving out of an AoE, you'll be little more than a smear on the ground for inferno and the later stages of Hell.

Alright I will try my best to prepare for what im going to get myself into soon enough..

Sorry what is CC? lol i know that is a terrible question to ask.. ok what about adding green gems to weapons increasing critical chances? does critical work with the witch doctors primary attack " poisong darts, frogs etc"?
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Healzfordaze
was about to post how I wish battlenet forums had a like button. but then i realized they did.
trolling ? i dont follow what you are trying to say?
Reply Quote

You didn't just ask for expansions in the first week after the game's release, did you?

sorry maybe i enjoy the diablo 3 cinematics far to much :) did you manage to find the hidden cow level?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]