Diablo® III

tempest rush seems broken

tempest rush seems broken because went used about mmm.... 20-40% of the time it pulls me right back to where i started from. leaving me dead or really struggling. Wondered if anyone else is noticing this. And im certain its not the mob using a pull back ability because it happens on such a wide range of mobs and doesnt seem to work the way it should.
Reply Quote
Work's perfectly fine for me. Sure it's not lagging for you?
Reply Quote
05/19/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Armisael
Works for me, I just find it to be one of the most useless abilities that a monk has. It's basically the one ability I really dislike for the monk.

I don't think so, if you don't have FoT with Thunderclap rune or Dashing Strike then it's a sub-par initiate tool. It also snares , that might help.
Reply Quote
Servers were all lagging recently I think, it's not useless you'll find use at higher difficulties.
Reply Quote
I've been having the same issue. It seems to happen more often when passing through enemies (so when you're surrounded and really need to get out). I suspect it's some sort of desync where the client lets you move, but then the server double checks your new position, decides you couldn't have made it over there, and resets you.
Reply Quote
what do you use for your right click ability that is better than tempest rush?!?! obviously your still in normal level diffictulty because TR gets you out off all kinds of problems... i know why you dont like it cause your probably not using it right.... HOLD the mouse button down AHHH now you see how to use tempest rush
Reply Quote
i would agree its probably server lag, which robs people of this amazing ability. Its gotten me killed many times. Lag, not TR. But ya to everyone calling it ability useless, you have no clue what your talking about. There really is no right click ability that even compares. WHAT!?! lashing kick, ya right. the other one?! no TR is the best ability for survival the monk has other than its heals.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 08:33 AMPosted by Rabidlysavag
what do you use for your right click ability that is better than tempest rush?!?!

I'm assuming that you don't know how to put skills other than the "secondaries" on the right click.

So, press ESC > Options > Gameplay > Elective Mode (turn on). Now you can choose any skill for any slot. On my build, I use LTK:SS for the stun for right click.

And for survival I use Serenity:PS.
Reply Quote
I hate Tempest Rush... With the exception of using it with Transcendence as a life generator and an escape engine when you are surrounded it is pretty much useless in my opinion.
Reply Quote
As an escape engine alone it more then justifies my right mouse button!
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 06:34 PMPosted by TheHeavyHand
As an escape engine alone it more then justifies my right mouse button!

I prefer Lashing Tail Kick: Sweeping Armada. It gives you breathing room, does a ton more damage to everything around you, and slows down enemy movement so you can grab some distance from the fight. All in all it is much more effective in my opinion, only time TR is better is with enemies that are immune to knockback. Plus it doesn't drain your entire spirit pool in the process and since it has no cool down you can use it multiple times to help you escape.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 07:00 PMPosted by x8bitzombix
prefer Lashing Tail Kick: Sweeping Armada. It gives you breathing room, does a ton more damage to everything around you, and slows down enemy movement so you can grab some distance from the fight.

I was doing the same, but it still leaves you in a room, surrounded by champs, with 2 sec to get the f**k out of there. I prefer the ticket out of aforementioned room then the damage. I use transcendence so get a heal out of it and the -25% dam rune, and when your Serenity and pots are on CD its the only sure fire thing to save your !@#.
Reply Quote
Going back on topic...this is happening for me as well. I'm using it against Diablo on NM to escape through diablo and avoid jails but am consistently getting reset onto a jail, and then getting nearly one hit or one hit. It's frustrating and I think the skill needs fixing.
Reply Quote
I too feel tempest rush has few uses atm, but what do I know I'm still in nightmare. Personally I prefer wave of light with the explosive light rune for that mega knockback.
Reply Quote
13 Night Elf Hunter
I totally agree with Rapid. Tempest Rush is a very useful skill in hell/inferno. With it you can just walk through mobs and run away freely from those arcane sentry/plague/motlen stuff. It also weaken them for a short time.

I got lagged to death with that skill lots of time as well and put it off my my action bar a while ago because of it. Actually it's not just the skill, sometimes even when I try to walk away I got pulled back as well. I'm not sure it's the lag from server or from my home tho.
Reply Quote
That's a lag issue.

Tempest Rush's main use for me has been to get out of the middle of a dog-pile of enemies. (This is in lower levels, later you'll have other abilities to help there.)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]