Diablo® III

Blacksmith patterns

I couldn't find a reliable source on the matter so i made this forum post.
Does anyone know where and whom drops these patterns; Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Reply Quote
I think Izual, is the only one who drops any patterns before, hell mode.. They can drop from any champion level (Purple) monster in hell and inferno I believe? I'm not sure... dont quote me, I am only assuming... because some of them are named after champion monsters you fight on your way up to the pinnacle.. where you have a chacne of spawning like leah.. eah headring... zulton khulle... captain rummsfeld... i think they all drop specific items based on which spawn, in hell and inferno mode.. and you have to do the quest several times, to get all the patterns and loot available.
Reply Quote
From other posts I've seen, they just appear to be very very rare random drops. I would not expect them to drop from anything specific that you can home in on and try to farm, given Blizzard's overall philosophy of "anything can drop from anything" (of similar levels).
Reply Quote
I have just started nightmare- so in 30-40 minutes 2X blacksimthing and 1 jeweler droped for me, so I think you just have to pay attention on drop
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
05/20/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Velns
I have just started nightmare- so in 30-40 minutes 2X blacksimthing and 1 jeweler droped for me, so I think you just have to pay attention on drop

No not the pages but the Plans to teach the Blacksmith how to make sets of items.

Mobs may drop Pages of Blacksmithing or Jewelcrafting, tomes of Blacksmithing or Jewelcrafting or the plans to make item sets.
Reply Quote
60 Human Death Knight
I think Izual, is the only one who drops any patterns before, hell mode...

I just had a legendary bow plan drop from an elite in act 2 of nightmare. Some random mortar vortex group in the town while doing the quest to open 8 cages. Not anything named so far as I know.

But yeah, only requires artisan level 4 so it's not going to be super... but nice drop anyway.
Reply Quote
a question about the plans that drop: are they highlighted in the colours according to what they produce i.e. yellow for rare? I'm so scared of missing a plan if it's just coloured white and i blank it along with all the boring stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I never find any pattern drops other then the same 2 I always find in inferno. I play and play and play but never get any other then the same 2 patterns. I hope I haven't just missed any but I always pic up everything regardless of what it is, Tho no patterns so far except the 2 I always get.
Reply Quote
07/17/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Ansisttero
I never find any pattern drops other then the same 2 I always find in inferno. I play and play and play but never get any other then the same 2 patterns. I hope I haven't just missed any but I always pic up everything regardless of what it is, Tho no patterns so far except the 2 I always get.

How many?
Reply Quote
I have leveled up 1 character to 60 and did my bit of farming Act I of inferno. I have leveled another to 52. And another to almost 30. The only plan drop I have seen is the Staff of Herding, which apparently is not that uncommon. However, I have yet to see any plans of any sort. None. Zero. Nada. Zilch. A big fat goose egg. This is getting ridiculous.

The drop rates can't be this bad especially when I hear of peeps getting 4 to 5 drop in an hour. And trying to farm a million gold is very time consuming. Let alone 100 million. The number of hours put into this game should have alloted me at least something.

Also, during all this game play and farming, I have only seen one Legendary item drop, and it was for a lower level that I out leveled the same day. Again, this is getting ridiculous. What purpose is there to play a character once you hit level 60, but to farm for weeks and months just to get gold and items to drop just so you can make it and beat Diablo in Inferno.

I have gone online to verify what the plans would look like in a drop, that it should show "Plan: [weapon/armor name]". Thats what it showed on the Herding staff. So I would like to think I know what I am looking for.

All I know is that if I get another character to 60, plus all the farming in between, and still do not see a Legendary drop or plan drop, this game can take a rocket trip into the toilet and I go back to playing a Jedi or Sith.

Fix this already.....

Any one else having issues?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]