Diablo® III

HP Envy 4t Ultrabook CPU ghz too low?

I hate beating the death out of will my pc run this blah blah blah, but I am about to buy a new laptop for school and was looking at the new series hp ultrabooks.

Here is the configuration I am going for:
2nd gen Intel Core i5-2467M Processor(1.6 GHz)
AMD 2GB Radeon HD 7670M Discrete-Class Graphics
4 GB (1 DIMM) 1600mhz

I am slightly worried about the low Ghz on the CPU. I know the graphics will be fine, but should I up the memory to 6 or 8GB to help the CPU out?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It'll work just fine.

4GB is fine, but 8GB won't hurt either, especially considering it's 1 RAM stick (it would be in single channel mode).

But aren't Envy laptops expensive?
Reply Quote
$845 shipped fully configured with a free Xbox 360. Not too bad.

I want an ultra portable because my campus is huge haha so I know I am paying a premium.
Reply Quote
I have this exact same delema, I was looking at this exact laptop and wondering the same thing if the graphics card makes up for the low CPU
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
That CPU can also burst up to 2.3ghz, not to mention its an i5 processor and I've been running DIII on a 1.8ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with a 9600GT just fine.

Anything with a i3, i5, i7 and a decent enough GPU to actually run D3 should be more then fine for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]