Diablo® III

Inferno monster levels scale with each act.

100 Orc Warrior
From seeing all the QQ, I have to wonder and ask if people realize that Act 1 is level 60, Act 2 is level 61, etc, and from poor game design, resulting for you having to replace every slot of your gear with the better rare items from Act 1 and killable monsters in Act 2 Inferno before moving through Act 2 as a Barbarian.
Edited by ModraPohlavi#1615 on 5/20/2012 5:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So - you think that it's fair that ONLY a barbarian has to undergo the process of farming through Act I Inferno to be able to move onto A II?
That it's fair that Wizards, DH and the rest of the lot can just move onto it after they killed Butcher once?

There are 2 options:
1) Every other class is nerfed to prevent them from doing what barbs cannot
or
2) Barbs are buffed to enable them to do what other classes can :-P
Reply Quote
we are playing a beta. nothing more to talk about. no balance at all.
Reply Quote
So - you think that it's fair that ONLY a barbarian has to undergo the process of farming through Act I Inferno to be able to move onto A II?
That it's fair that Wizards, DH and the rest of the lot can just move onto it after they killed Butcher once?

There are 2 options:
or

This.
Edited by TheAftermath#1327 on 5/20/2012 5:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

There are 2 options:
or

Hit the nail on the head.
Reply Quote
The QQ isn't about stuff being "hard"

It's simply about other classes being able to do what barbs just can't do, and do it relatively easily at that. (Same gear, etc.)

Seen friends DH tear through Inferno Act 1 like it was nothing (With 2 people in it) and then I spend entire time trying not to get 3 shot. No damage...hell I didnt even have to stun/cc cause stuff died so fast. I don't really get how that's possible after all the dev time they put into this game...but I can understand the difficulty of melee/ranged balance...still...

I think between barbs being such a gear dependent class and them really having to spec defensive and be stagger/stun bots has turned a lot of people off. Probably just not what they thought the class would be. I know I didnt. Who knows, maybe when people are decked out as barbs they will be able to roll through it?
Reply Quote
To be fair, monks are also in a pretty bad state - although there are a larger percentage of monks who enjoy the passive mantra heal/buffbot playstyle than there are barbarians who enjoy the stunbot/shoutbot playstyle.

The game was very enjoyable with a group of friends all the way through Hell. Halfway through NM I realized my damage was falling off as a 2h-wielding WW spec in comparison to my ranged companions, and I noticed I was dying a lot more often. So I switched to the standard sword-and-board tank - and absolutely loved it throughout NM and Hell - wading into a pack of mobs and taking huge hits, watching my health rarely drop below 80%, while my buddies whittled their healthbars. I think I died all of 4 times in NM and maybe twice that in Hell. I was their savior many, many times.

Then we started Inferno. Act I was decent. I was having to kit a bit more, but was still able to handle moderately large packs of enemies and tank elite/champions decently. I swapped out Earthquake for Ancient Spear with Rage Flip. Tried out Thrown Weapon. Fiddled and faddled with even more Vit/Armor/Resists than I ever thought would be necessary. Butcher down, freaking excellent. Got some nice upgrades, decided to farm the cellar a few dozen times before...

Act 2. Holy mother of God did this game get unfun in a hurry. I was getting 3 shot by trash mobs. I ran like a little girl from anything with a name any shade of the rainbow other than white. I had much better gear than my ranged buddies, but they were having no trouble kiting and even taking an occasional hit when they made a mistake. If I made a mistake, I was dead. If I clicked around a corner too fast and got stuck I was dead. If I mistimed my stun and that Fast Plague guy caught me, I was dead. If my revenge didn't proc exactly after my stun wore off, I was dead. Meanwhile Mr. Wizard over there was practically frolicking in a giant pack of mobs while his Hydra melted everything and his Arcane Armor kept him alive, even in gear he hadn't exchanged since Act 4 Hell. Senor DH was abusing the !@#$ outta smokescreen and was halfway through his fourth beer in an hour.

I would understand if you were expected, as a barbarian, to swap out your damaging build for a tanky one in Inferno. I'd understand if you weren't allowed to just sit in a pack of blues/golds - staying alive with revenge procs alone - and having to kite, stun, and knockback more frequently. But thats not the case. You are forced to run around like you're made of paper mache, like you're dressed in wet paper towels instead of well-rolled blues, yellows, and legendaries, filled with gems that cost hundreds of thousands of gold to make. You run in once every 15 second to stun a buncha stuff and hope you don't die in the process. Meanwhile that mage or DH that actually is wearing wet paper towels can hit one button and kite ad infinitum and have fun doing it, because that's what his class description says he's good at, that's what he signed up for.

What did we sign up for, barbs? Cuz I don't remember any of this in the job description.
Reply Quote
I was having fun being a tank in Nightmare Mode, I was on the edge of my seat making sure my revenge went off the second it was up, but come Hell, If I don't run away like a little girl, I'm going to DIE, Even decked out in all the armor, resistance, dodge, and health I can get, I'm still getting torn to little shreds before I can even blink. I can appreciate difficulty, but this is beyond frustrating. Not to mention while I'm doing this, my mage friend is soloing a rare while I kite trash because I can't take take a hit in edgewise. This even applies when I'm solo with my Templar, I die almost instantaneously, Ignore Pain doesn't even help, it seriously does nothing.

I was looking forwards to being a shout bot in Inferno, but it looks like that glory day pasted me in Act IV Nightmare.

Where's my game breaking, easy-mode playstyle that everyone else has? Where I ask!
Reply Quote
To be fair, monks are also in a pretty bad state - although there are a larger percentage of monks who enjoy the passive mantra heal/buffbot playstyle than there are barbarians who enjoy the stunbot/shoutbot playstyle.

The game was very enjoyable with a group of friends all the way through Hell. Halfway through NM I realized my damage was falling off as a 2h-wielding WW spec in comparison to my ranged companions, and I noticed I was dying a lot more often. So I switched to the standard sword-and-board tank - and absolutely loved it throughout NM and Hell - wading into a pack of mobs and taking huge hits, watching my health rarely drop below 80%, while my buddies whittled their healthbars. I think I died all of 4 times in NM and maybe twice that in Hell. I was their savior many, many times.

Then we started Inferno. Act I was decent. I was having to kit a bit more, but was still able to handle moderately large packs of enemies and tank elite/champions decently. I swapped out Earthquake for Ancient Spear with Rage Flip. Tried out Thrown Weapon. Fiddled and faddled with even more Vit/Armor/Resists than I ever thought would be necessary. Butcher down, freaking excellent. Got some nice upgrades, decided to farm the cellar a few dozen times before...

Act 2. Holy mother of God did this game get unfun in a hurry. I was getting 3 shot by trash mobs. I ran like a little girl from anything with a name any shade of the rainbow other than white. I had much better gear than my ranged buddies, but they were having no trouble kiting and even taking an occasional hit when they made a mistake. If I made a mistake, I was dead. If I clicked around a corner too fast and got stuck I was dead. If I mistimed my stun and that Fast Plague guy caught me, I was dead. If my revenge didn't proc exactly after my stun wore off, I was dead. Meanwhile Mr. Wizard over there was practically frolicking in a giant pack of mobs while his Hydra melted everything and his Arcane Armor kept him alive, even in gear he hadn't exchanged since Act 4 Hell. Senor DH was abusing the !@#$ outta smokescreen and was halfway through his fourth beer in an hour.

I would understand if you were expected, as a barbarian, to swap out your damaging build for a tanky one in Inferno. I'd understand if you weren't allowed to just sit in a pack of blues/golds - staying alive with revenge procs alone - and having to kite, stun, and knockback more frequently. But thats not the case. You are forced to run around like you're made of paper mache, like you're dressed in wet paper towels instead of well-rolled blues, yellows, and legendaries, filled with gems that cost hundreds of thousands of gold to make. You run in once every 15 second to stun a buncha stuff and hope you don't die in the process. Meanwhile that mage or DH that actually is wearing wet paper towels can hit one button and kite ad infinitum and have fun doing it, because that's what his class description says he's good at, that's what he signed up for.

What did we sign up for, barbs? Cuz I don't remember any of this in the job description.

This. A thousand times this.
Reply Quote

I've experienced exactly the same. So, for some humour, let's us see what Blizzard intended the barbarian to be. I quote, hereby, from their own game guide, bolded emphasis is my own:

Blizzard Game Guide:

Barbarians are savage wanderers who never flinch from close-quarters combat.

Thanks to their size and strength, barbarians can dominate a melee with nearly any combination of weapon and approach, though they tend towards massive and imposing weaponry. Barbarians are no strangers to the pains of battle, and often fare better in the midst of several opponents, taking and giving cuts, than when attempting to chase down single targets. Barbarians’ attacks are primarily melee focused.

It's as if its written to be sarcastic. Last time I tried playing act 2 inferno I was rend-kiting while keeping my distance with throwing axes and the chain attack. I'm the Master of Melee alright!
Edited by Feldrin#1191 on 5/20/2012 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Modrápohlavi
From seeing all the QQ, I have to wonder and ask if people realize that Act 1 is level 60, Act 2 is level 61, etc, and from poor game design, resulting for you having to replace every slot of your gear with the better rare items from Act 1 and killable monsters in Act 2 Inferno before moving through Act 2 as a Barbarian.

I have equips from act 3, do I need to wait for my friends to farm act 4 gears for me?
Reply Quote
I hate tanking so no need for tanking stories. You can roll 2H in Hell with shield only as necessary
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Can someone explain how I figure out my damage reduction against level 61 mobs? Like since act 1 inferno is all level 61, and my armor is at about 5k which is roughl;y 65% damage reduction against LEVEL 60 monsters. What is it agianst level 61?
Reply Quote

I think I will retire my barb till all of this gets sorted out. I am just gonna roll a dh or continue my wiz alt. elite packs have too many close range abilities while only a few counters kiting gameplay.
Reply Quote
05/20/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Deathdanish
Maybe they need to make dodge easier to get for barbs. I feel like a DnD barb; decent damage, some cc, and squishy without long cds active; you normally get around that kind of thing with dodge in games.
Reply Quote
Can someone explain how I figure out my damage reduction against level 61 mobs? Like since act 1 inferno is all level 61, and my armor is at about 5k which is roughl;y 65% damage reduction against LEVEL 60 monsters. What is it agianst level 61?

Just google Diablo 3 Armor / Magic resist. You should be able to find some formulas/graphs showing how it works against monster levels.
Reply Quote
Also Barbarians can solo through Act 1 Inferno at least. I know because I did it. Act 2 is a different story unless you can afford the best of gear. I need about 200-300 more resists and I think I will be able to solo Act 2; thats shooting for 900 resists, over 7k armor, 40k+ hp, 10k damage stat.
Reply Quote

There are 2 options:
or

people assume cuz a class is doing better then it must be the balanced one.

blizzard intended each act to require regearing in inferno. INTENDED...we are following that line, dh/wizards/wd are not nearly as much.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 11:38 PMPosted by Iandidar

There is this calculator, which seems to factor mob level

http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]