Diablo® III

Cursed Captives (Act 1 Achievement)

85 Blood Elf Mage
I've had this one come up on a few different characters now, but the Cursed Captives achievement does not register as being completed. The quest text specifically says to free 6 prisoners in 120 seconds, but I've timed myself on multiple occasions and been well under that time when I grabbed the sixth. I've only ever tried doing it in solo play for the time being.
Reply Quote
Friends and I just did this on Inferno in well under 120 seconds and we didn't get credit either. Maybe its counting killing the Warden as well? That's what we figured.
Reply Quote
Weird, it worked fine for me (in a solo game).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Myself, along with two others, also tried this achievement two days ago. We tried it several times, each attempt starting the timer when the quest was picked up and stopping the timer when the 6th prisoner was rescued. Each attempt was under 120 seconds. But none of us got the achievement.

=(
Edited by Nevlonniel#1869 on 5/21/2012 12:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
As an update, it seems to be the same for all timing-based achievements. I discovered just now that I was unable to get the "Why'd It Have to be Snakes?" achievement while fighting Belial on Nightmare - I kited him around the arena and waited until more than 10 of the Veiled Sentinels spawned, then killed them all as quickly as I could (well within the 30 second time limit). No achievement.

Might it have something to do with a delay between the user and the server? Like the achievement doesn't properly register when everything is started and finished or the like?
Reply Quote
(Tried it as Demon hunter - solo game)
I cleared the stage 1st, broke all doors, set my running route and did it in 32 seconds but still I didn't got it. Is it bugged?
Edited by XIII#2268 on 5/22/2012 4:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6R-udSiOFI

Doesn't look bugged to me ;o
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
As an update, it seems to be the same for all timing-based achievements. I discovered just now that I was unable to get the "Why'd It Have to be Snakes?" achievement while fighting Belial on Nightmare - I kited him around the arena and waited until more than 10 of the Veiled Sentinels spawned, then killed them all as quickly as I could (well within the 30 second time limit). No achievement.

Might it have something to do with a delay between the user and the server? Like the achievement doesn't properly register when everything is started and finished or the like?

That achievement can be done before Belial even spawns. It's looking for sentinels. Belial only spawns 1 sentinel each time he spawns them. You'd have to wait for 10 spawns or 30 enemies total in order to get the achievement that way.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Cursed captives starts the moment you enter the hold not when you talk to Asylla I believe I have it on my DH and that's the way I had to approach it. As for the snakes you have to spam kill the waves he sends at the beginning of the fight. I have that one as well.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Vulcanys
Cursed captives starts the moment you enter the hold not when you talk to Asylla I believe I have it on my DH and that's the way I had to approach it. As for the snakes you have to spam kill the waves he sends at the beginning of the fight. I have that one as well.

I can verify what Vulcanys says is correct, several times I did it in normal with and without a team, and did not get the achievement. This time I started my timer as soon as I entered the door and freed the 6th prisoner at 1:44 and received the achievement. The trick is to talk to the Queen ghost before she gets to her position, so as soon as you enter the Cursed Hold run and talk to her and just keep tapping spacebar. Good Luck.

I do agree though it makes more sense to start the timer when the Queen ghost gives you the quest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]